Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'4.5 in.

Default Applied Nutrition Natural Fat Burner

Hi all, I haven't been on here in awhile(barely got internet again). Glad to be back.

Well my dad recently bought me "Applied Nutrition Natural Fat Burner". He had bought it for his self too but he has to ask his doctor to see if he can take it since he is on medication. I wanted to know has anyone ever taken this? I just started taking it today and noticed it has given me a lot of energy. No side effects so far. I searched online and found some reviews about it. I would post the link but I'm not sure if I can. I don't want to get in trouble. Maybe you can google it and see. So has anyone taken this supplement? If so, how is it going for you?
SilentBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well the good news is unless you should avoid caffeine or grapefruit, it doesn't appear to have anything bad in it.
The bad news is really its little more than a caffeine pill which may be why you are getting more energy. There are a couple things that the doc may be considered in regards to your father if he is taking other medications or has a heart problem.

Breakdown of ingredients -
Vitamin Bs - The various B vitamins are important to our health and those who take vitamin b supplements that lack vitamin B in their diet often report an improved mood. Vitamin B6 specifically is recommended for those with depression. Many diet pills contain vitamin B these days because it helps those who take the pill feel better which is often a sales booster.

Green Tea Extract - This is a source of caffeine. Natural green tea which you drink has shown to curb hunger and drinking Green tea on a daily basis may help you lose up to 4 lbs a year according to recent studies. There is no evidence that green tea extract in pill form will assist in weight loss.

Cassia Extract - This is a form of cinnamon. Ground cinnamon has been shown to help control blood sugar levels and beneficial to diabetics. I've never read anything about cinnamon in pill form though.

Natural caffeine - This is a stimulant, similar to tea, coffee, soda, etc.

Red Leaf lettuce powder - Not sure what this is supposed to accomplish? Box doesn't make any claims about it and don't see other pills claiming it does anything.

Cranberry extract - Cranberry juice and I believe pills have been shown to be beneficial to your urinary tract. The box claims it is a diuretic which means you'll lose water weight. I didn't know that about cranberry extract but its possible. Some people on medications should avoid diuretics though.

Blueberry extract - blueberries in their natural form are great antioxidants. Never seen a pill try to put blueberry extract in it.

Noni extract - Noni in its natural form is full of beneficial phytochemicals. Lots of research has been started on Noni in its natural form but never seen any evidence in its pill form.

Grapefruit extract - Eating grapefruit is supposed to be an appetite suppressant. Grapefruit though does clash with lots of medications, including birth control. Many people who take any sorts of medication should avoid grapefruit in all forms. I'm not sure if this applies to pill form but you never know.

Apple cider vinegar powder - apple cider vinegar has many claims, none proven but all claims do apply towards the actual vinegar. I use it for various recipes.

Pomegranate - pomegranates have lots of good antioxidants in their natural state. I don't think this can translate to pill form though.

The idea of getting antioxidants from foods is awesome although it doesn't translate well into pill form. My advice is stick to the whole food and skip the pill. If you want the caffeine boost, try drinking any form of tea, green or white are best for antioxidants.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'4.5 in.

Thank you so much for this information! A lot of this info I didn't know. =D
SilentBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #4  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Oh man, grapefruit interactions...

That's one that you have to run by people several times; you get so ingrained that grapefruit is good for you that when it interacts with your medications it's hard to see it as bad.

A lady once looked at me like she was about to cry and said, "But...what do I eat for breakfast now?"
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yeah i love grapefruit but haven't had it in many years. I'm thinking of getting an IUD and then maybe I can venture into grapefruit territory once again.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote