Old 02-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/180/150

Height: 5'9

Question Please help.... I stopped losing weight

Hi there
So I am 178 pounds rite now and am trying to get down to 150. It's not a whole lot of weight to lose but in the past 4 weeks I have not lost a single pound. I did the take 2 and lost 4 pounds but now it is all back on.
If you were 178 pounds at 5'8 what plan would you be on?? And could you break it down for me please.
Also for my starches I have been eating weight watchers bread as a sandwich because 2 pieces are only 110 calories. Is this o.k?? And I have been eating 3/4 cup of cornflakes with 1 cup of skim milk for breakfast every morning. Is this o.k?
Thanks so much in advance for all your help!!
shygirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

I don't think that's a decent breakfast to eat. For me at least, starches are my favorite and definitely a down fall. If I eat starch at breakfast, it's hard not to go over on my servings later in the day. Eating some protein at breakfast is a good idea because it stays with you for a longer period of time. That way you won't be hungry 20 minutes later. I also find fruit very easy to grab in the morning. The skim milk is fine but I'd save cheese and yogurt for the dairy servings. That will give you a couple extra things to eat if you need a snack and you can drink water instead.

You should be on the gold plan I think. That is 1 dairy, 3 fruits, 1 fat, 3 veggies, 2 proteins, and 2 starches. If you feel like that's not enough to start out with, you can move up one plan and see if your weight changes.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #3  

I'm 5'8 and 180 pounds. I was on plan 2 with lights which is
2 1/2 proteins, 3 Veggies, 2 fruits, 3 starches, 2 dairy and 2 fat

hope that helps
mouse37sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

During those times I did take off every two weeks as prescribed by the center. Also, I think you would be on plan 2 with lites. I don't think there is anything wrong with your choices, just be consistent. Sometimes the weight loss slows and it can be frustrating, but you just have to stick with it.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #5  

I can relate to thatjewlz!! i have lost 2 pounds in 1 month which is pretty discouraging.. My center closed in december and I have been very slowly lately. Maybe it's because i'm down to my last few pounds to loose (i'm 10 lbs to my goal) so it might be harder for me at this point.

I was on GOLD with lites since the bigginning but now I have run out. I was told to follow the purple plan without te lites and have been doing so for 1 week now. We'll see if it will change thing, I sure hope so!!
tanyaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Shy, Shy I still think you were making your initial loss real. No one can lose 12 pounds of fat in a week unless they are working out like CRAZY and weigh over 300 pounds.... To keep it in perspective. 14 pounds of fat contain 49,000 calories. To lose 14 pounds of fat in 5 weeks, you'd have to trim out 1400 calories a day. If you've lost 14 pounds of fat in 5 weeks you are doing amazingly well.

Depending on which plan you are on, your starches may be fine. The colored plans are stricter on what they consider one starch, and the numbered plans more generous. If you were on the colored plans, those 2 slices of WW bread would probably count as two starches (and on gold you only get 2)

Some people do find they lose better on a lower starch plan. Others do well on the numbered ones and enjoy the more food.

Don't give up.... 14 pounds in 5 or 6 weeks is really all you can reasonably expect. I know you want to see the scale move again though. You should take your measurements or otherwise have some other measurements besides the scale, since sometimes it is not cooperative, but you are still doing good. If you recently started working out, sometimes that can cause the scale to not move or even go up for a short period of time, and I don't think that is from a sudden muscle gain, more just muscles swelling up.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #7  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I switched from gold to purple (no lites) and have noticed the scale start to move again. Thing with weight loss is you have to stick to the plan EXACTLY or it really does not work. Good luck and hope you see some results soon! Keep up with the water I would suggest oatmeal and a fruit for breakfast as it is higher in protein than cereal alone and gives you a dairy for later in the day, or even trying to get a protein in.. I like an egg or 2 scrambled style with veggies thrown in to get a serving in by breakfast...

Last edited by 4princesses; 02-24-2009 at 10:48 PM.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/155.00/135

Height: 5.0

Is anyone has like a excel or doc sheet with all the different plans? Please let me know.
Carolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8

Your bread counts for two starches if it's 110 for two slices. If you buy the 40 calorie bread then you can have 2 slices for one starch.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #10  
Lauren

S/C/G: 208/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Nature's Own has a great honey wheat or wheat light brand that is only 40 calories a slice. It is also good to look at grams of sugar is some breads, as some of them are packed with it. I think that the corn flakes are fine, but they should be eaten as an infrequent food--1-3 times a wk. I agree with Robin, you should definitely have some protein at breakfast. One of my favorites is 1tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter with a banana and skim milk. Counts for 1/2 p (or use 2 tbsp for a full protein), 1 F, and 1 D
lonniecate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #11  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I think Mouse is right you should be on Plan 2 that is what I was on. At 165. With Lites. I would eat 2 pieces 40 cal bread and pb for breakfast sometimes with a half of banana cut up on top. Or Two scrambled eggs with 2 pieces of toast with I cant belive it's not butter spray and a little hot sauce on top. Snack: 1% Cottage cheese with 18 grapes. String Cheese, Lunch a Meal usually Michelinas or Chicken I used to make this wrap with Light ranch and tuna in a spinach tortilla with lettuce and tomoatoe. YUM! And a salad with light dressing. Baby carrots 6 are one veg. Snack more veggies and a lite maybe a yogurt. Dinner Chicken, fish, mahi mahi, tilapia, stir fry chicken with veggies. Lots of water! I hope these ideas help! You can do it. There were a lot of great suggestions here!

Last edited by cecil; 03-02-2009 at 07:37 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote