Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 2/23/09

Had a good weekend--we had some gorgeous weather albeit with some chilly mornings--in the 40's. Then the high is in the 70's.

Played golf with DH on Saturday and I was playing so well! I hadn't played in two months and thought I would have a poor game--go figure. Saw the play, "Oliver" on Friday and it was a pretty good show. The little boy who played Oliver was so cute (cherubic face). I sang in a concert yesterday; my solo went well, but I would say that some of the singers weren't very prepared.

WI is tonight--wish me luck! I was OP all this past week; I have tried so hard. I think I will show a loss; it won't be much, but it doesn't take into account all the weight I gained AFTER my last WI. I was in dangerous territory.

How is everyone else?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #2  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

Golf is great isn't it. I need to get back into it. Good luck on your WI

I had a fun weekend but I had a very bad WW weekend. I slowly but surely worked my way into emotional eating starting on friday. I ran 20 miles over Sat. and Sun. but on Sunday I ate whatever I felt like it and I did not count anything or journal or nothin on Sunday and Saturday. I did eat OK on Sat. but the weekend over all was a big blow up as far as WW is concerned. Little worried now for my WI on Tues.

Last edited by run4change; 02-23-2009 at 10:37 AM.
run4change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa: I hope your WI goes well tonight--you've really stuck with it this past week! Any loss is good! We had snow over the weekend but the sun is shining this morning so that's nice.

Run: Great job on the running! Try not to stress too much about what happened over the weekend in terms of eating. Today is a new day and you can get back on track. A couple of days doesn't undo a whole week.

I'm so tired this morning. I'm sitting here at my computer fighting to keep my eyes open! I slept in Saturday morning (10 am) which is unusual for me and then napped yesterday afternoon...not sure what's up with that!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #4  

Hey, run, as Melissa said, shake it off. I had weeks of emotional or whatever eating and that's why I'm being so strict right now and staying OP. At least you ran.

Melissa, Do you think your thyroid is causing you problems again? Does that make you lethargic?
Old 02-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #5  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

I am doing exactly as you guys say: Shaking it off.

I am doing great today. It was fun (kind of) while it lasted but back to the basics once again. HAHAHA
run4change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #6  

Lisa: Could be my thyroid...goodness knows it's been in hyper mode for a month now so it's entirely possible that it's starting to stall. I feel a lot better this morning so we'll see how things go.

Run: Good for you in getting back on track! I know I have times where I totally go off the wagon but sometimes you need to do it as long as you can pull the reigns back in and get back on the track

It's sunny here this morning--they said we "might" have some snow this morning but in looking outside I don't think that's going to happen--we have clear blue skies too! I brought my sneakers with me so I can get out for a walk over the lunch hour. I really need to get some fresh air and clear my head!

The students go on break next week so it will be really quiet here...then the orientation cycle begins!

Hi to Pam & Lori!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #7  

Hello, everyone. Went to WI and was down 1#. I'm happy about that. I've lost more, but that just shows you how out of control I had gotten. I'm going to continue on the OP path, but it seems to be so difficult for some reason.

Melissa, I hope you get out for a walk today. That would be nice. You surely don't need any snow.

Yes, where are Pam and Lori? They're MIA.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #8  

Lisa, great job on the WI. I did get to go for a short walk over the lunch hour--it was cold (20's) but the sun was shining and it felt good to get some fresh air!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #9  

Thanks, Melissa, 20's? That is cold. I'd be all bundled up.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #10  

Good to hear from you, Lori. Gosh, it seems like you just told us you were expecting. Well, you probably wouldn't say that! Sorry you're having back problems; I suppose that is common with pregnancy. Don't let work get you down; it'll be there when you return.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying and trying. Today is Ash Wednesday, so being Roman Catholic, I'm fasting and no meat today. That is helping me stay OP.

I found out I can go to yoga tomorrow night; choir practice was canceled. I'm glad--I need a yoga class.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #11  

Lori: Good to hear from you and glad that your doctor gave you the script to get the PT. I sure hope that helps! I remember having back pain with DS #2--luckily once he moved the pain left. Lisa's right--work will be there when you get back, don't go crazy trying to "do it all".

Lisa: I'm going to use Lent to work on my snacking--I've decided to forego tortilla chips, yes, you see that right. It'll be a challenge because it's something I do enjoy. We had a good meeting today and we were all challenged to keep our journals (something I haven't done since January!) this week. I needed the incentive to start writing again.

I did WI and was up today but it wasn't totally unexpected--I've kinda been running amok when it comes to food, lol. I knew my metabolism was in hyper mode so I figured it wouldn't hurt to eat whatever...now I'm back to eating what I need to!

My dad is doing okay--he had pneumonia before I left on my trip and that's always scary because he gets loopy with it. He has been confused a lot and that's hard. He was moved to another room and he told the nurse that he likes "the new facility better than the last place he was at". The home is going to do some testing and see what's going on. It's definitely a roller coaster and it's hard. I have a hard time going and seeing him because I don't know what I'm going to encounter.

It's beautiful here today--sunny skies and 46. I wish I was outside instead of sitting at my desk!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #12  

Melissa, At least the WI was not a surprise; it's easy to convince ourselves that we can eat whatever. You are a brave woman--no tortilla chips?? Not sure I could do that. LOL

Sorry about your father; that must be so hard. I know that I will face that some day. I think I told you that my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. His was caught early, it is not life-threatening, but he has let it go to his head. All he talks about is dying. It's very depressing.

Well, tomorrow is my Friday off. We have our tax appointment : ( Then we hope to play some golf. On Saturday, unfortunately, I am singing at a funeral. Then I have to get together with my GF; we are teaching a class and need to put our slides together. On Sunday, I have a rehearsal for the Verdi Requiem. Maybe I'll be so busy, I can't eat!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #13  

Lisa: It's going to be tough to not eat the chips but I know I can do it if I put my mind to it. It'll definitely be a challenge! I've got one day of keeping my journal under my belt...the weekend will be the real test.

I think sometimes older adults get obsessive about dying when they hear bad news and just focus on the doom & gloom--that would be so hard. My dad doesn't do that, at least not at this point.

I have a busy weekend too...tonight we're going to a basketball game, it's a cross-town rivalry and it's senior night so it should be a full house. I haven't been able to get to many games this year because of conflicts. We will be hosting the playoffs so that should be fun. Friday it's my usual WW, Saturday we have a bowling outing with rugby, and Sunday my son and daughter-in-law will most likely come over for dinner. In between all that I'll need to do some laundry and general house work!

It's nice here today--45 and cloudy so I was able to get outside at noon and get a nice walk in. It felt so good to be outside!