South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin'

I'm first! HA!
Old 02-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ha! yourself and good morning! As you know, I've been around here a while but thought I'd let you have the honour of starting us up. It's a wonder CyndiM didn't sneak in and just do it.

Sunshine is happening again today but it's still pretty cold. Typical February weather so I shouldn't complain. This is the weekend of the sled dog races so we need the cold and snow. Anybody who says nothing ever happens in a small town should visit Delta. There are no less than five pancake supper in the area on Tuesday!

Had a nice lunch with Anders the Councilman yesterday and have agreed to do the finances for the sports groups. The big deal over the next year or so is raising the money for the soccer team to go to a match in Sweden. I won't be raising the money, just collecting and controlling it. I just may be going along with the group on the trip but am going to think very carefully about that. Do I really want to be around 16 year old girls for ten days and sleep on an air mattress in a school gym?

Today is an "at home" day except for a trip to the vet for some papers. Disney's test is tomorrow and, if she passes, I'll need proofs of vaccinations. I really am not feeling confident that she'll pass but must go anyhow. They imported an evaluator as I cannot evaluate my own dog.

What's happening around your Beach towel today?

Happy Saturday!

Here's a spring pic from this day last year. The snow outside is about the same.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I saw Cyndi was on...thought she'd start it!

I WAS sitting here enjoying the peace and quiet with a cup of coffee, but now both kids are up. They're being pretty good, so far (probably b/c dd isn't "awake" yet...).

Our inspections went well!! Scary, scary...they want to close on the house March 12...less than 3 weeks away! (it was supposed to be auctioned that day) That actually works perfect on my schedule, if it all goes through. There's a LOT that needs to be updated in there (well, everything), but that's exciting to me! I'm already looking at appliances to see what we can put in there!

Otherwise, it's off to work for me today. Friend's for dinner tonight. Should be a nice day!

OMG Ruth - that lily is beautiful! My favorite!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-21-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Here I am I type in fits and spurts these days because the shoulder/back is still giving me trouble. And I just knew Cottage missed being first

Ruth - thanks for the pic! I am so ready to see green again and my spring flowers. I bought some spaghetti squash seeds. Maybe I should start them.

Twynn - Great news about the house!

Cat - I'm making your red beans today.

Well it looks like we are getting snowed on again this weekend! Big storm coming in tonight. I'm going to get out for a walk today, maybe on snow shoes. Other than that the usual weekend chores loom - cleaning, cooking for the week, laundry. I'll be glad when this back thing settles down so we can get back to road trips and watching birds!

Have a good day all
Old 02-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all...yesterday was the most stressful day i've had in a while some how managed to stay on track (eating anyways) funny the only thing that seems to throw me off is when my daughter wants to go out and eat...kids are evil sometimes.

ruth-bueatiful pic
twynn-hope everything goes smoothly with the house and i'm sure you'll have fun updating it
cyndi-yeah we're back with the snow again but not near as much as we had earlier
Old 02-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #6  

Mmmmm, I can smell that lily, Ruth. A trip to Sweden with teenaged girls could be a lot of fun, I'd do it in a heartbeat! Good luck to Disney tomorrow, she may end up surprising you.

Twynne, Whoohoo on the inspection! There's going to be a flurry of packing going on since March 12 is right around the corner. You'll have to take pictures of the house for us, I can't wait to see it!

Cyndi, that's a shame that your shoulder and back are giving you so much grief. Have you considered acupuncture? If your insurance will cover it, you should give it a try.

Cyndi's forecasted storm is hitting here late tonight, but we're only supposed to get a little snow and freezing rain from it before it moves on. At least it's happening on a weekend. The coming week is looking pretty mild, so I think we'll limp into March just fine.
I was told I was babysitting my grandchildren this afternoon while Jake and Dustin do a remodeling job. I don't really mind, but I don't like the fact that I wasn't consulted first! At least my headcold is better.
Well, one more cup of coffee, then I'm off for a quick shop at Trader Joe's before Amber and Tyler get here. Have a happy and safe day!

ETA:
Good morning, me4life! Hooray for staying on track throughout your stressful day!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-21-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
You ladies are getting a little competitive! I should surprise you and get up early to start it just to shake things up. I know you are laughing. I think I've managed to start the daily once in two years.
I've gotta do a quick clean this morning. My Aunt and Uncle are in town to visit my grandmother this weekend and the whole clan decided to do a breakfast this morning at the local diner. Which happens to be a block away from my house, which my Aunt and Uncle have never seen, so I'm anticipating that they will want a tour. Not that my house is much to talk about but it is old and people seem to be interested in that.
Anyhoo, after breakfast I'll deliver DS to his playdate, hit the grocery store and creamery, and then I think DD will force me to paint her room. I've had the paint for two weeks and have been promising. Our bout of sickness was a good excuse last weekend but I think I've run out of excuses now. May as well get it over with. And DH is out of town, so I can just do it the way I like without him getting involved. I'm letting her cover the lavender with cute hand-painted floral stencils that we did when she was 4 with a fluorescent green with free hand designs. See what a nice mom I am? As long as I don't have to sleep in there...
Okay, so my coffee is gone and my house is not cleaning itself. Hope you chicks all have fun stuff planned!

Twynn, glad your inspection went well! Shopping for appliances is fun (large ones AND small ones)!
cottage, have fun with the grandkids! I agree you definitely SHOULD have been consulted.
Cyndi, sorry about the back issues. We are supposed to get just the corner of your storm too, late tonight and tomorrow. Who knows what it'll be down here.
Thank you for the beautiful pic Ruth! I disagree with cottage, I think taking a trip to Sweden with a bunch of teenage girls and sleeping on the floor sounds miserable!
Good morning me4life. Hope your day is better today!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #8  
sophie

Cottage - I guess that's what happens with grandma is close by. I would like to be in that position sometimes but not too often.
Ruth - I would go to Sweden as long as I wouldn't have to chaperon those girls. 16 year olds, no way.
Tywnn - glad the inspection went well and now the anticipation. Our sytem here moves alot quicker.
Cyndi - take care of that shoulder and enjoy lovely Vermont.
me4life - congratulations on being strong.
Scmoodles - Hitting a Canada Geese, you will have trouble getting across the border next time. Must have been traumatic for your daughter but honestly those things are pests. There is a place west of us that is feeding them birth control.
Me - my microwave died and I got a new one yesterday. Trying to read the manual, its like teaching an old dog new tricks. So my DH wants French Onion Soup for lunch. Got to go a sweat those onions. and then bake some sweet cheese rolls for a church luncheon tomorrow.
Sophie
Old 02-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #9  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Morning girls, dh is working for a 3rd weekend in a row. Just finished a nice 1hr yoga workout off fittv feel really good now. I'm so ready for spring do i can get out and take some pictures.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning, All,

Just got back from Jazzercise. Some instructor kicked my butt -- oh, ya, it was me. DS is spending the night with his cousin tonight. I informed DH (with sweet eyes ) that he was taking me out for fajitas tonight. Yum! Although, the best part of going out is that someone else will clean the mess.

Ruth -- I cannot imagine worse h#ll than spending a week with teenage girls, other than maybe spending the week with pre-teen girls. My gosh at the squealing! Sheesh!

Schmoodle -- Your day sounds delightful! Have fun painting.

Me4Life -- Good for you for staying strong!
Old 02-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 339.2/327.6/175

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone! Hope all is well.

Ruth, my answer to the spending time with teen girls ?. Heck no! I want spring to get here soon too. I'm done with this!

We got 4 inches of snow last night and it's still falling. Bah humbug.

I'm taking it easy today. Hubby took the car in for service and it's back already but the dealer says we need new brakes and wants to charge us $700 for the privilege. I don't think so. Time to find a local mechanic.

I'm battling my monthly visit from ****. They are always rough but this one is really taking a toll on me. I'm heading upstairs to lay down while the boys are at Costco.

We may be getting a new kitty tomorrow. Our cat of 15 years died in May and my son is itching for a new little one so we're going to look at a rescue Siamese tomorrow. Should be fun.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #12  

Morning All...around my 'beach towel' today will good. I feel confident today.
Had a great breakfast and healthy snack. Not sure about lunch, but it will be SB friendly.
Dinner is planned and am looking forward to it.
Today I have to do some house chores...already have been to the grocery store. Now it's laundry, cleaning, and setting up a work space for myself. Out with the old in with the new.
I purchased a Cricut machine, and have no clue what to do with it, so here it sits till I find a nice work table to place it on.
Well I hear the washer calling my name....have a good day today....
Old 02-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #13  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Ruth, great lily picture! Can't wait for Spring!!!

Just a quick hi to everyone and I am running waaaay behind today. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #14  

Maybe I'm crazy, but I really enjoy being around teens. Our house was always the hub of activity when my kids were still living at home, it was probably worse than Grand Central Station, but I just loved it! I'm still good friends with a lot of my kid's friends from high school.

Well, I got my grocery shopping and errand running done for the day, and it's time to watch the grandkids. I wonder what kind of trouble we can get into?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

good mornig chickies... well actually almost afternoon lol.. i got up this morning, got the pets fed, kids fed, got oldest dd up and i went back to sleep.. we watched a movie till late last night and i was exhausted. i dont know why after 40 i need more sleep. lol. todays gonna be a lazy day for me i think... john is taking the irish twins for a trip to the dollar store to get more craft supplies.they made jewelry boxes last night from popsicle sticks... samantha has a date tonight.. ugh. the boy and his mom are comin to get her, and they going to a toronto maple leafs hockey game. we havent met him yet, this should be good. the last date she had, we bombarded the fella... john says "shes leavin this house a virgin and shes comin back one... got it?!?! I AM a redneck, and i know how to use a gun!!" lololol we dont even own a gun, but the threat was good. shes still a virgin lol.
i got my flameless candle from glade last night... vanilla... had a coupon to get one free sitting in my wallet for 2 months, but the stores were always sold out of them. gotta love getting a 10$ candle for free! lol... it doesnt take much to make me happy lol. i would really looooove to take a walk, but its way to dang cold here! i dont know if theres snow in the forcast, hope not, like you other beachers, im ready for spring! this has been one long winter!
twynne-yaaay about the house
ruth-good luck with disney
cottage-stay outta the snow and have fun with the grandkids
mompom-what are you going to name the new kitty?
sophie- french onion sounds great!
schmoodle-have fun paintin the room,i love doin the stuff.. i watch extreme make over addition religiously lol
cyndi-sorry to hear about your shoulder. stupid question, but have you tried heat??

welllll.... i guess i should get motivated... cant seem to find it tho lol.. have a great day on the beach gals.
stacy xxx
Closed Thread