Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

Smile Cooking Light Magazine!

Happy Friday Everyone!

My mom bought me a subscription to Cooking Light for Christmas because I love cooking and I am always printing off recipes on the internet.

Does anyone read this magazine? I LOVED the first issue, it's loaded with recipes, all lower in fat and calories. I am going to make a couple recipes I saw in in tonight, oven fried chicken and coleslaw. Anyways if you are like me and always looking for new things to cook that won't break the scale, you should pick up this magazine!
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I've picked up an issue here and there... usually I don't, though, because I'm a vegetarian and a lot of the recipes aren't. The ones I have tried were good, though, and it seems like a great magazine!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperistic View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!

My mom bought me a subscription to Cooking Light for Christmas because I love cooking and I am always printing off recipes on the internet.

Does anyone read this magazine? I LOVED the first issue, it's loaded with recipes, all lower in fat and calories. I am going to make a couple recipes I saw in in tonight, oven fried chicken and coleslaw. Anyways if you are like me and always looking for new things to cook that won't break the scale, you should pick up this magazine!
I just got myself a subscription actually. I got a great 2 year offer and I couldn't resist. I like the magazine's articles also, not only the recipes. The only problem I have with their recipes, are that the serving sizes are very small. I very often wind up tweaking their recipes. But I still like the mag.

iriswhispers, Vegetarian Times is a good magazine also. I used to get the magazine, but no longer do. I've gotten lots of ideas from them.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I used to get vegetarian times - actually i started making recipes from them before I went veg - it really opened my eyes to non-meat options!

Generally I love cooking magazines, stores, shows.... no wonder I tend to eat too much!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post

Generally I love cooking magazines, stores, shows.... no wonder I tend to eat too much!
Same with me! I love all that stuff - I love searching around kitchen type stores for new things and gadgets, containters, pretty linens, baskets, serving pieces, dishes. LOVE the Food Network. Gourmet food stores. Cookbooks. Magazines. Ummm, food.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I highly recommend the cooking light cookbooks too. There are always tons of photos (which is a big selling point for me) and I think I might have been unhappy with maybe 1 out of 20 recipes that I've tried.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/120/125

Height: 5'6"

the only complaint i have about some cooking light recipes is that they sometimes call for a little bit of a lot of ingredients and can therefore be really expensive to make.
efova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 325/315/190

I agree with the long list of ingredients. I do have one of the holiday cookbooks from cooking light that i use alot.
janann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I love Cooking Light! I've been a subscriber for many years. Their articles are great as well as the recipes.

The serving sizes can be small, but I kinda like that.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote