Old 02-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Default Advice on a good goal?

Hello everyone! I am somewhat new to this forum and I totally love it. I am just beginning my weight loss journey and I am trying to set a goal for my birthday, April 6. I am living in Germany right now and my parents are coming for a visit and I really want to surprise them with a healthier me, and also what a great birthday present that would be to give myself . However I've tried doing this in the past and I always give myself ridiculous goals and I always set myself up for disappointment. My current weight is 204,s o what would be a reasonable goal for me to reach by April 6? Not necessarily an easy goal, but one that is possible with hard work and, of course, healthy.
caitybates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

They say a safe and healthy weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds per week, that said you left out some information such as your age and height. We need to learn to set our selves up for success, not faluire. Rather than say I want to loose X amount of weight by a certain date try changing it too I want to excersise X amount of days per week.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

oh im 20 and 5'4''. yes i know all that, but it's just nice to have something to work towards and something to be excited about.
caitybates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #4  
Meow

If I were in your situation. I would im for around 190~ and if you get below that I would be super excited!

You can do it with the right attitude, eating and exercise!!! Good luck!! =]
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I say just stick to plan and surprise yourself without even putting a goal!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote