Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/141/126

Height: 5'4"

Default Havn't worked out in almost 2months! :(

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post for maybe a few ideas and some support...

I haven't been to the gym or done pretty much any exercising in almost 2months now! It's all due to my boyfriend taking my car to work because his motorcycle has been the the shop this whole time. And now there are even more problems that have developed with his bike (due to the shop ) that it looks like I wont be getting my car back until another month or so!

For the most part my body has put the breaks on when it comes to losing more weight. I haven't lost more than 1 lb per week since all of this... (Even some 0's)

I don't know if this could really happen or not, but..... when I look at myself now, it feels like I'm gaining my weight back (even though the scale says that I'm still loosing / maintaining) My body just looks like I'm gaining it back...

Before my boyfriend had motorcycle troubles I was going to the gym about 5 days a week, 2 hours at a time of intense excersising... now the most I do is the wii fit.
(though the wii fit has helped tone my arms...... but it just doesn't get my heart rate up...)

I have been feeling depressed latly... I feel like every bite of food I take is going to come back and make me gain my weight all over again...

I haven't been eating that great either, last night I ate a whole medium pizza all by myself and have the urge to go in the fridge and eat the rest...

I know that if someway I could just get myself back to the gym I can get myself back on track... but it doesn't look like there is a light at the end of the tunnel for at least another month or so...

Dose anyone have any similar experiences or any input??

-THX-
mudskippersgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

Most likely you're overthinking it and you're not really gaining weight back.

As for working out, go outside! Go running/walking. Or do some DVDs, you can download a ton online. You don't need the gym. You will be fine, just get creative!
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

What you're seeing in the mirror is probably loss of muscle tone from not working out. So while your weight continues downward, you start to look 'softer', if you will. There are other activities you can do without the gym. Wii Fit is a start, but you can also go to the public library next time you get your hands on the car and check out some aerobics DVDs. Or go for a walk. Do some push-ups, they are amazing for toning the upper body. Squats and lunges will help with your legs, and of course the ever-popular crunches for the trunk area. You need to turn your frustration into determination to find a way around missing the gym, that's all. Good luck!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Maybe your boyfriend needs to 1) get his motorcyle back, or 2) get his own car? Maybe ask him how much longer until his transportation is fixed because you need your car. You don't HAVE to lend him your car indefinitely... Could be he isn't getting it fixed as fast as he could because it's winter, and who wants to ride a motorcycle in winter? Hmmm.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #5  

Quote:
Maybe your boyfriend needs to 1) get his motorcyle back, or 2) get his own car? Maybe ask him how much longer until his transportation is fixed because you need your car. You don't HAVE to lend him your car indefinitely.
This.

A lot of women automatically sacrifice themselves for whoever else is in their household.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #6  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Sacrifice is great. I sacrifice for my husband all the time. But this is uh, sorta ridiculous. Perhaps he needs to give up the motorcycle if it's that much of a problem. Now of course, you can't make him give it up but I would make it clear you want your car back now. Are your schedules completely different? As in, could you go to the gym when he's home? Could you take him to work and pick him up so YOU have your car?
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #7  

Thanks for responding everyone...

First off, I totally agree in what 'this too' said, "You need to turn your frustration into determination to find a way around missing the gym, that's all."

And then secondly, Yea it is a sacrifice to give my car up to him, but we live together and we can't afford to fix his motorcycle rite now, so we are in this pickle together...

-The whole story of his bike is completely nuts.... To sum it up... When we bought the bike used, it apparently was missing a few sensors and such that have been bypassed by the previous owner, and these are sensors that the motorcycle dealer is supposed to have checked for due to them leading to safety issues..... So long story sort lots of other parts are all screwed up on the bike due to one thing leading to another and apparently the bike shop is trying to screw him...... but were working on it...)

But the most inconvenient thing of all is that he works during the day and I work at night so that way we don't have to pay for daycare. (We have a 2 and 1/2yr old son.)

But I defiantly have to get determinated and not fall into a sink hole.
I think I just needed someone to help me realize that a little better...

thanks everyone for responding..

Also, Anyone have any suggestions on what exercises to do mainly inside the house because its too cold outside. I'm am one of those people who have an extremely hard time trying to workout at home, I'm defiantly more or less a 'gym rat.' I like the wii fit because its more or less game like... The yoga and strength training are great, but I still feel the need to do some type of cardio....

Anyone have any ideas on ways to get some at home cardio in??

-THX-
Old 02-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #8  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudskippersgrl View Post
Also, Anyone have any suggestions on what exercises to do mainly inside the house because its too cold outside. I'm am one of those people who have an extremely hard time trying to workout at home, I'm defiantly more or less a 'gym rat.' I like the wii fit because its more or less game like... The yoga and strength training are great, but I still feel the need to do some type of cardio....

Anyone have any ideas on ways to get some at home cardio in??

-THX-
I'm terrible at working out at home. Especially cardio. When I was sans gym membership last winter, I got into Tae Bo and that really got my heart rate up. I've also heard really great things about Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Actually, I did it once because it was (and still is, I think) on OnDemand on Comcast and as I recall, it kicked my butt. I also have a stepper (like you see in step classes) and a set of resistance bands. That stuff with my yoga mat keeps me pretty busy when I choose to workout at home.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

You can walk and run in place inside or do jumping jacks or jump rope if your ceilings are high enough. Nothing beats working out with a jump rope. A mini tramp can be a pretty good workout too. If you can't afford one, try asking for one on freecycle...it just might be out there. If you have indoor stairs where you live, go up and down the stairs or just use something to step up and down on in place. Stretchie bands and cheap hand weights work for keeping your arms toned, or pick up a couple of cans of food from the pantry.

Last edited by recidivist; 02-17-2009 at 01:35 AM.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #10  
Caroline

Jillian's 30 Day Shred is *hard*. I work out a lot, and that one kicks my butt. It's 20 minutes of cardio/strength training intervals and it is a serious workout. There are also some great 'boot camp' DVDs out there; I have a couple of the Shape boot camp workouts and they get your heart rate up too.

As for making yourself do it, that's a magic trick I haven't quite mastered. Working out at home is way too easy to blow off. I guess you just have to decide whether you want to give up all your conditioning and start from scratch when you get back to the gym, or force yourself to work out at home. Or take the suggestion to drive your guy to work so you can have the car during the day.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #11  
Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by recidivist View Post
You can walk and run in place inside or do jumping jacks or jump rope if your ceilings are high enough.
I jump rope in the garage. High ceilings and you don't have to worry about hitting anything important.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #12  

thanks everyone for the input and ideas.

Great advice... now I just have to apply it... lol

I don't know what it is...but working out at home seems to be 100x harder... lol

Thanks again everyone!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #13  

Height: 5'3"

Go for a run.

For inside: squat thrusts, jumping rope, abs on the ball, jumping jacks, push ups, lunges, squats...
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #14  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Mud: do you find that the wii fit aerobics programs just don't suit you?
While they are short, I do find the step programs get my heart rate up, I do them a few times if need be, and lots of people LOVE the boxing program. You can do the running programs marching in place, on a treadmill, a rebounder, I use my old nordictrack for it.
I have also had a hard time doing home exercises, but have made the effort now that we live in the country and its TOO FAR to drive to the gym.
THe kids need fresh air too, get them out for some fun all bundled up!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote