Old 02-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245 / 185 / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs down flu bug - ugh!

You know that line in The Devil Wears Prada? "I'm only one stomach flu away from my goal weight!"

Well, it's not true for me! I just spent 2 solid weeks completely knocked out by a flu bug. It was miserable, and I'm actually believing that the 0 lb weight loss (at least there was a 0 lb weight gain) had more to do with not moving (at ALL) and metabolism.

I just read in the latest shape or fitness mag that when you cut calories more than 20%, your body's immune system suffers a bit without the nutritional support. So maybe I should have thought about that BEFORE i went on a drastic 1300 cal / day diet...

anyway. just my thoughts today. Here's hoping NONE of you get bitten by the nasty flu bug and get "the crud"!
losingitandlosingitwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

WOW!

Glad to hear you are feeling better.....
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #3  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

Glad you are better. I had the flu last week and it was horrible.
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6

I didn't have flu i have head cold and Im ready to cry with all this coughing! I am so worried it will effect my weigh in on wen. Waaa
Rebecca85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Two weeks?!! Oh, no. I'm on my third day. My stomach feels distended. It is making all kinds of operatic noises.

Of course, it descended upon me just as I had my weekend all planned. I had yoga class on Saturday, swimming class on Sunday, and I was going into Manhattan today to see some small films & then to look at co-ops with my realtor this evening. Well, all I managed was the yoga class. Then it was aches, chills & a lot of toilet-sitting. I haven't been to the gym for two days. I think I'd barf all over the elliptcal or the bike.

For once in my life, I can't stand the sight of food. I don't want to smell it, either.

Please tell me this isn't going to last for two straight weeks! Please!
saef is offline   Reply With Quote