Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #1  

Default no scale but think I'm loosing

I was weighing myself every single day and going crazy because if I gained a pound I went nuts wondering why if I had behaved myself the day before. If I lost I loved it. So I am now out of town and am away from the scale and think I like it. Maybe I will stay away from the scale one day at at time. Been eating salads every day and it has been working. Today I addeed a huge piece of bread so if I had a scale I would be up tomorrow and beating myself up. Thanks for letting me share.
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/210/165

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for posting and congrats on the decision!---I exhibt the same behaviors watching the scale and feeling down about myself for it....I guess I have to learn to let it go and just take it one day at a time, because the weight didn't gain itself in one day.
QuadLuvinGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #3  
Starting to Get It!

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

I think if you can keep yourself accountable that you shouldn't do it Just take pictures. Good luck!
AmberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #4  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

good for you! I too learned that I need a break from my scale because i become obsessive with it! I want my weight loss to be enjoyable and as less stressful as possible! and if staying a way from the scale is helpful then do it!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #5  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

Nice work grabec! I ditched my scale a long time ago, which was a good decision for me. I was becoming obsessed with it, weighing myself several times a day. I found that when I no longer had the scale to focus on, I became more in tune with what was really happening with my body. I think that I am close to a place where I can start weighing again (no more than once a week) without becoming obsessed. Keep up the good work!
dini22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #6  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Yea...being driven crazy by the scale really bites, I am there. Good for you to recognize that you dont need it to continue with your weight loss. Im too attached to mine to give it up, but I am working on only weighing once a week. (when I have control, that is) Sometimes I just cant help myself and have to weigh. Ugh!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote