General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Valentine's Day gifts?

So, what is everyone getting their significant other for Valentine's Day?

I am in need of some serious inspiration!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

My husband smokes cigars, so I'm getting him some more for Valentine's Day. One year I made a "flower arrangemnt" out of them by taping them (they were individually wrapped) to pipe cleaners and arranged them like flowers. Not sure I can top that, but I'm still thinking...
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #3  

my husband got me a maid for a day to do deep spring cleaning stuff! It's the best gift ever! And all I got him was a set of Flux Zombie cards LOL But I will be making all his favorites on Saturday.
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Nada? We rarely exchange gifts for holidays/events/whatever. Although I did order a netbook but I basically said its my advanced birthday gift... he said it was my 2010 birthday gift 'oops'
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #5  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Ill be watching this thread closely....since I was just about ready to start one just like this!!

I need to get my man something and I have no idea what!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

At least 14-16 hours of dedicated free labor (wife's a floral designer...I work every year to lessen her workload and keep her company during the flower-marathon)
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #7  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I'm making a fancy dinner that finishes up with fortune cookies with sexy fortunes. I think I'm also getting him a quiver for his arrows... he's randomly gotten into bow hunting lately.

I wish he was getting me a maid or 14 hours of free labor!!
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #8  
dont be blind to others

Location: originally from oslo Norway, but i am now i am in Pennsylvania

Height: 5'3 1/2''

i got my boyfriend new boots. i am also making dinner and some fun time dessert.

yup yup ^_^
schwabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #9  
Terminating Cellulite

S/C/G: 211.5 / See Ticker / 150 140

Height: 5' 7"

My hubby has been burning for something good to read. I'm thinking a book store gift certificate. But I'm just not sure.

I know if I asked him what he'd really like, he'd say a trip to the lingere store.
And that really kind of sucks for me. Even though I know he loves me no matter what size I am, I still feel very UNsexy in anything skimpy right now.
Sarah C0nn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #10  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I don't currently have a significant other, but I plan on making my roomies dinner just to do something fun instead of sulking about being valentine-less.
I think a lot of the times it's best to be simple- time with your loved one is what's appreciated most. I've always loved getting little cards and just writing out things like "Certificate for one home-cooked meal, no expiration" or something cheesy like that.
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

just a card..i'm not big into gift exchange..i sort of feel like its a holiday "Forced" on us to make us show our love..which really should be shown daily.

mandalinn- i think that's the sweetest thing to do for your wife. What a great and wonderful thought. I bet she appreciates it.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #12  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Well, the reasons are threefold. One, I genuinely MISS her when she's gone for that long and doesn't get home until 3am, and would rather spend it with her. Two, her stress level goes WAY down when I'm there because I worry about all the paperwork/ribbons/etc so she doesn't have to, and I get everything organized so all she has to do is design...a less stressed wife is a MUCH happier wife. And three, I work a desk job...putzing around with flowers is fun! I mean, its work too, and at the end of that day your feet hurt and you just want to fall into bed. But you're making people's LIVES a little happier by doing it, in a small way.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

DH and I don't typically do gifts. Usually it's just cards and dinner out. However, this year we are staying in (I'm making fondue -- cheese and chocolate -- not together though.) I won't miss the crowds, for sure!

This year we are using V-day as an excuse to buy sheets for our bed. We only have one set, so that's our mutual gift I guess. I suppose that counts.

Personally, I think that you should show your love, that you love them, all year long. As holidays go, it's a rather silly one, but it can be nice.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #14  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Well, I went ahead and got a black baby doll night lingerie thing..its black and longer. I hate my legs, but ill go tanning and ill light candles so it wont look so bad lol. I also went into a "adult" store and got chocolate body paints, massage oil, love coupons and little stuff like that....he will LOVE it!!

Im kinda nervous because he sent me a text and asked what size ring I wear lol..could have been more subtle, but ill take it!!

Also, im making a love/romantic cd to listen to, while I give him a massage..Im kinda worried though, cuz he'll take me out to dinner and all that..im not sure how I should get him out of the room so I can change and light all the candles and stuff..any suggestions??

Last edited by purplecrush; 02-10-2009 at 09:17 PM.
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #15  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

i think my boyfriend and i are going to go out to see Friday the 13th... and maybe make some steak? we are both broke, so there are no diamonds or roses in my future. (good. diamonds aren't my thing, and my cats would eat the roses.)
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote