Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy So upset... I lost my steady job.

Yup, I lost my steady job. I say steady because I did get another job last week, however I haven't started it yet, and hours are not guaranteed. The job I lost was the best job, I got to work from home, I worked a week straight than had a week off, and it was easy. Yeah, it was stressful at times, and I probably didn't get paid as much as I should, but I'm going to miss it. My NEW boss (that I hate SO much from day one) broke the news to me this morning. I had a feeling it was coming because orginally they didn't want to hire me because they needed someone in Niagara Falls and not Hamilton(where I live), but they needed someone ASAP, so they decided to hire me. I'm just so screwed, I have a HUGE Jamaican vacation sitting on my credit card just waiting to be paid off. Why me God? seriously, why me? If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I just feel like throwing in the towel today and giving up on life. I wish I could go back to school, but that's not going to happen $$$. And last night I was so stressed out about this (I just had a gut feeling) I went to Pita Pit and binged at 1am. Then after the phone call this morning I shoved my face with cookies while I was crying my eyes out. I just feel like I can't do this anymore, dieting used to be so easy for me, now it's an everyday struggle. I can't even motivate myself to exercise. I'm in trouble.
Thank you for listening(reading)
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Luvja- I'm so sorry girl. That sucks and I have no words of wisdom. All I can say is look how far you've come. Think about how good you feel about your progress and your body so far. You are doing this for you no one else, because you deserve it. I have to admit, I feel discouraged myself but we have to keep going.

As far as your job, a door has to shut so something new and better can happen. It's ok to cry. But pick yourself up girl. Update your resume, get letters of recommendation and get you a better paying job. You can do this. I have complete faith in you. You're young and have accomplished so much. Any company would be happy to have you!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #3  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Luvja, I'm sorry, that really sucks... I think "here we go again" hit the nail on the head with everything she said already. Let yourself be upset for a bit but know that you're strong and you'll get through it! Your weight loss success so far has shown you what you're capable of.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #4  
Going on a cruise w NKOTB

Height: 5'3"

I will keep you in prayer that this new job (or another one where you like the boss) will work out.

That said, you had some binges... it's over.. get it outta your head that it's ok because you're sad. (something i lie to myself about on any given bad day). Not to mention, if your hours aren't guaranteed, you don't wanna have to spend what money you do make to rebuy fat clothes.

Remember ... 100 pound loss.. you're so close you can almost taste it. (A smart girl said this once)
NickiChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your responses. I'm gonna go back to bed I think, I don't think I should have crawled out of bed today.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #6  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

i'm sorry you lost your job - but look at the bright side, you got a new job at least. In this economy chaos, it's better than lots of people that got fired and couldn't even find another job - and probably couldn't pay off their daily life's needs (instead of paying for a vacation....if you know what i mean)...

I hope you can find another steady job that you like in the near future, but please do not looking at the dark side and get upset about it - and binge continously (sp?) - and then in the VERY near future that you can even see it yourself, you'll feel even more upset if you keep binging.

And when bad things come, good things will follow later. That's a saying in my country. So yah, cheers up.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Luvja I am sorry honey. I am gonna add you in my bedtime prayer if thats cool with you. I know it sux right but whatever you don't undo all your hard work. Mope around a bit and then continue on.....
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #8  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

<b>luvja</b> I understand where you are coming from. I lost my job back in early Jan. and even tho I wasn't getting paid as much, it was easy and I enjoyed it. I cried because I felt like a failure.
I even understand about the weight thing. Its just so much easier to eat bad and not to work out, but I thought of it this way, working out makes me feel good about myself, and makes me happy, so maybe it'll work for you.

Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry you lost your job- what a crummy new boss- same thing happened in my old company- they got a new boss and she decided she didn't like that I knew more than her so got rid of me- it didn't matter cuz I had another job lined up (thank goodness I decided to apply for it!).

At least you have something else lined up- and I'm sure you can find something else! Binge time over- go to the gym, get back on track, and you'll be fine
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

I am so sorry that you lost your job. You are at a low point now but things WILL get better. Have a cry, feel sorry for yourself for a day. But then pick yourself up. Everything will be ok.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

What did you go to college for? How far are you from Montreal, Vancouver or Toronto? Sorry I don't know the geography of Canada
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #12  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

kelli - google 'map of canada' :P
luvja is about 75 km's away from t.o. Montreal is several hundred kilometers away. and vancouver is several thousand km's.

Luvja - I know you feel miserable and this has got to really suck but what are you thinking?!?! You're almost at 100 pounds lost! It's a struggle bu you're worth it! everybody messes up. atleast you went to pita pit and not mcd's.

you need to get back on your eating plan even when life sucks - I'm sorry to hear you lost your steady job but it doesnt mean you give up all together and you know that. You can do this!

Last edited by valpal23; 02-10-2009 at 01:53 PM.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #13  

I could have but I'm at work so I figured I'd just ask, lol. And the whole km thing means nothing to me. I'm from the midwest! Anyway I was just asking because my company is always hiring and thats the 3 locations we have in Canada. Depending on your school/experience I could get you a referall.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #14  

I live about 40 minutes from Toronto.... 7 hours from Montreal... and, a 6 day drive to Vancouver! All of which is too far for me to commute to work, seeing as I don't have my own car! But thanks for thinking of me.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #15  

No prob! Sorry I couldn't help out.