Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Exercise messing with my TOM/hormones?

Hey-
So I've started working out last week, and I've been really happy with how it's been going. I've been doing various cardio machines for a total of 45 mins to an hour four times in the last week.

Anyway, I got my TOM about five days early, which is really really weird considering I'm on the pill. Seems like my hormones are all out of wack. On Saturday, I was all gloomy and moody too.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Last edited by kelly315; 02-09-2009 at 02:43 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

Ok if anyone is grossed out easily by the discussing of feminine things.. dont read this post.

well i didnt get my TOM early, but it was really really wierd this month. I get really bad pms.. headaches... extremly emotional, back aches, bloating ( my feet swell so much all my shoes give me blisters) food cravings and really really bad cramps. Well this time.. i had all that and no cramps at all... wich is very strange because thats usually how i know what day it will arrive, is by the type of cramps im experiencing (serious short sharp pains for a week before) Then the day i start i get a chronis ache in my abdomen, and then the horrible sharp pains (like omg hold my breath, tense my whole body and hope i dont die before it passes kind of pain) whenever a clot passes only for about the 1st three days though, (sorry if thats TMI)
And on top of no cramps this time.. my period was soo soo lite, like nearly nothing there.. well actually more like it was there with a serious absense of blood.. i dont know if that makes sense, it was an odd color (not red at all.. almost a brownish color)and very lite, like at the end of your period when not much is coming out. Anyways it was very strange and it has happened like 3 times before like this. It lasted a full 7 days, but i didnt bleed enough to even use a tampon.. i just used the little thin girly carfree pads..

I dont know of any reason this could be happening other than change in diet and alot more exercise. Also another wierd occurance.. and this is probably going to be tmi, but the fast few nights when me and the fiance were having sex.. it was awfully painfull like a bruise on the inside of me was being pushed on. I've expericned this before, it usually goes away after a week or so.. but does anyone know what this could be?

Last edited by aware210; 02-09-2009 at 03:35 PM.
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

One time when I began a diet of lots of vegetables, I started spotting. I know it was due to my change in eating habits. I think my body was saying........hold on....wait a minute, something is different here. Maybe that is your issue too.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #4  
FB

Weight loss, not necessarily exercise, has disrupted my cycle slightly in the past. Mid month spotting and early periods. Just this past period started 5 days early, which coincided with me losing some weight after being stalled. My OB says it's normal and not to worry - but it never hurts to check with your own doctor.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #5  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

when i started my weight loss, i spotted for 2 weeks before my period, and I was on the pill at the time as well. I actually posted a thread similar to this b/c i was freaked out. also, these past 2 weeks i have been exersizing way more than usual, and this period (which i am ending right now) was very short and very light...even though all the other usual pain and symtoms were there. so all that stuff does have an effect on your menstruation.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #6  
back to balance

When I started my exercise and calorie counting last February, first my PMS symptoms almost vanished (yay!), my cycle became shorter and more regular from previously 30-35 days down to 28 (yay!), my periods became lighter and lighter, down to what aware210 described... and then, in May, 30 lbs. down, they stopped.

The doctor said it's OK to miss a few, but that we would have to start them up again if things didn't go back to normal. At the same time, my skin was breaking out pretty badly and my energy levels fell through the bottom, due to a combination of out-of-whack hormones and iron deficiency. After I started taking an iron supplement (ask your doc) and eased up on my exercise and calorie counting for a while, my periods started again in September and have been back to normal ever since.

This whole thing kind of taught me to take it a bit easier and slower with the weight loss. I've more or less maintained since August (OK, lost about 5 lbs.) and am getting ready to lose some more now.
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I had some early (and some late) periods during much of my weight loss. It seems like it's just starting to become more consistent again now.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Weight loss and exercise will definitely disrupt your TOM or change it somewhat. If it gets "worse" then talk to your Dr., but it's pretty common.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #9  
rainy

It can happen, but also consider any stress you have had during the last month, and since you are on the pill, also consider THAT pill and THAT dosage may not be right for you anymore.
I have been on the pill for quite a while and when my period started coming on the wrong day (if I don't remember bad it works that you stop taking it and the day after you start bleeding, sorry, it has been years since I last took it, so fo wrong day I mean when you are still taking your pill, before the suspension time) it was time to chenge pill/dosage.