Old 02-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #1  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

Default I don't want to lose motivation....

But I can feel a very slight frustration setting in.

When I first started my diet, I lost weight fast as per usual, and that was cool. And now I'm exercising 5+ times a week, which I've never done before and I love it. I know I'm building muscle, and my clothes are HUGE, but I've actually gained 2 lbs in the last week and a half.

How long does it take to bust through that muscle-weight plateau?
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #2  
Fattie McFatFat

S/C/G: 161.5/161/140

Height: 5'6"

are you sure it's a plateau? a person's weight can fluctuate throughout the day and women especially, depending on their menstrual cycle. i know i can gain 5lbs during that time of the month and by the end of my period, it's all gone!

if it's indeed a plateau, you might want to change up your exercise routine to "surprise" your body. i've never tried calorie cycling but that might be worth a try too.
Shereel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #3  

I Totally hear you!!

I have been at 127 since the second week in January! I must be plateauing! I know that I shouldn't complain because I look really really great and I am wearing size 4's again and they are a little large! Which was ultimately my goal. I have been working out just as hard and I notice I am toning but... I still can't get it out of my head that I am going to gain all the weight back if I eat one piece of cake etc.
Squirrelygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #4  
ich bin geliebt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereel View Post
are you sure it's a plateau? a person's weight can fluctuate throughout the day and women especially, depending on their menstrual cycle. i know i can gain 5lbs during that time of the month and by the end of my period, it's all gone!

if it's indeed a plateau, you might want to change up your exercise routine to "surprise" your body. i've never tried calorie cycling but that might be worth a try too.
I don't know if it's a plateau, I just know I haven't lost weight in two weeks, and I've only been dieting for 5. It's so daunting to lose the amount of weight I have to when inches come off, but weight stays the same.

I know I'm crazy.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #5  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

http://www.kfi640.com/pages/podcasting/

jillian talked about plateaus on her show feb 1st during hour 2. this should help you a lot. her show is in the sunday column

Last edited by bjeweled; 02-09-2009 at 01:32 AM.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #6  
ich bin geliebt

Oh, cool. Thanks!