Old 02-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

Default I gained 14 pounds! Time to take action!!

Last edited by Findmyself; 09-24-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I love your goals, especially the one about faking being happy til you really are happy, because I think it really works! More than that though I just wanted to say how cool I think it is that you moved to a new city to start fresh. This is the kind of thing a lot of people dream about doing but few go through with it. You're my kinda chick.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

Your post made me chuckle. I love the fact that you just picked up and moved. That's awesome. I've always wanted to do that and just have been too scared to.

Good luck with all of your goals!!!
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 6

You can do it!
I'd try getting yourself on a timeline. Out of bed by 7am everyday, eat breakfast, then work out from 7:30 to 8:00, apply for jobs from 9:00 to 11:00, then lunch. Clean the house/ run errands/ do misc. chores from 12:00 to 2:00. have a snack then explore your new city from 2:00 to 4:00....... you get the picture!
Sometimes I can be very unmotivated and I find that when I plan my day ahead of time and stick to the schedule I get SOOOO much done and I feel awesome at the end of the day.
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/256/234

Height: 5ft 2inches

I have moved to a city where I did not know anyone. It was an experience. I found that I do better better when I commit my time by volunteering or working. You did not mention where you live but you might consider volunteering and joining some groups that will help you meet people interested in type of things you want to fill you new life with. I do not know what you are looking for in your new life but here are some examples of things that I have done when I lived in a new city as a single women in my late 20's.

Volunteered at the Art Museums- they usually have very developed volunteer programs
Volunteered for the US Track andField Open as a greeter at the ariport- Events like races or conferences often can use volunteers - but contact them as early as possible
Walk dogs for an animal shelter- great exercise but only do this if you like animals
Tutor children- or volunteer to go on field trips to get to visit your towns happening places- only try this if you like children
Help an elderly, disabled or relocated refugee do errands- you can be matched through a socail service agency in your area and this is a good way to get to know a new city.
Consider volunteering in your field- if you have a skill that could be helpful to nonprofits this could be a good way to stay sharp and help people.

If money is not an object and you have some time I would suggest taking a fitness class or a cooking class could be a nice way to try new healthier foods.

Visit local parks and nature trails. Maybe you could join a community garden.

Good luck on your new adventure. I am excited for you to have a clean start in a new town. Sorry about my spelling I do not know how to check it before I post.
5aday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #6  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

Oy...me too..

brand new town...no job.....sigh....

everyone around here is SO FIT! I feel like a freak.

I am using YOU'RE method...faking it til it's true...

good luck!!
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Stick around. You'll be a wonderful addition to our little group!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #8  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi,

I moved to a completely new town 10 years ago and it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I love it here and met the love of my life too! That being said...the first year was pretty hard. I remember calling old friends on the phone and crying because of the difficulties I had breaking into a new town. I really liked some of the suggestions posted earlier. I found joining groups and vollunteering especially helpful.

best wishes
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #9  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I loved this post. It's good to see it in writing. Right now I've been maintaining between 220-225 and it's so annoying. I've been slacking on so many things. And today is the END.

It's just been hard working two jobs. I'm so exhausted when I get home. But I am tweaking my schedule to make things work and hopefully I'll be better off.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote