Old 02-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/130/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Help! Need some protein snacking ideas

Okay, I'm a full time grad student and I'm just really getting tired of living off of stupid protein bars.

I like to eat 6 small meals a day. That gets hard when I have classes and labs that get in the way. For example: On Thursdays I am STRAIGHT through from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. I eat my lunch during my noon class because they know I don't get a lunch break. The only time I do get a break on Thursdays is if one class gets done early before the other. (No, we do not have a choice with our schedules.) Granted, not every day of the week is THIS bad, but still not ideal for trying to eat 6 meals a day to keep my metabolism reved.

Sometimes, I am able to pack a little lunch cooler but I'm not always near a microwave (for things like chicken left-overs).

I'm trying to keep carbs and fats down (but not eliminated) to keep most of my daily intake consisting of protein. (Yes, I am also eating fruits and veggies.)

So I am just looking for some new ideas instead of stupid protein bars. Yes they are very portable and so easy to eat between classes/labs but I would really prefer REAL food!

Ideas?
beau159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 6

I'd keep packing the cooler.... here are a few of my favorite high protein snacks: hard-boiled eggs, cheese sticks, peanut butter, low carb wrap with cold turkey or chicken and veggies, beef sticks, laughing cow cheese wedges
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I second the cheese sticks and peanut butter. Also, I noticed some single serving tuna packages by the regular cans of tuna the other day. They don't need refrigeration, but sure wouldn't want to have to carry around the empty package very long
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #4  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

maybe some of that protein water? Dont know if it would help.....
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote