Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Any Current Jenny Craig Members?

I'd love to have someone to chat with here about Jenny Craig. I don't find the JC boards to be as friendly as the chicks here.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Vickie,

I've been doing JC this time around for about 2-1/2 years. I've reached my goal and then added five lbs. to it. I still haven't got there and gained a few pounds since then.

Jenny has really helped me with structure, which I seem to lack. I am trying to motivate myself to take off the extra lbs and then hopefully get to my ultimate goal.

How long have you been doing Jenny Craig and how do you like it so far? Looks like you are off to a good start!
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chrstna! Sorry, I'm not sure what your name is. I'm SO excited that someone responded. I hope there are other JC lurker Chicks here.

How wonderful for me to have found a JC expert who has been so successful.

I've been overweight and/or obese most of my life. I've lost 75 pounds on a bariatrics diet, 60 pounds on Optifast, and 45 pounds on Weight Watchers and always gained the weight back. Clearly, I need to learn portion control and have someone help me learn how to get to my goal and then keep the weight off.

I'm 52 years old with a wonderful husband, family, and friends. My husband is doing Nutrisystem and everyone else in my life is completely supportive. I feel like Jenny Craig is my last chance. I don't want to have surgery. I feel like this weight has me as a walking time bomb. I have high blood pressure and who knows what else.

I know this sounds like a downer. I really am hopeful and feeling good about the program. But I'm also scared of failing again. My Center director and first meeting was awesome and supportive. And, I like my Counselor very much. I intend to follow the program faithfully for as long as it takes but I'm awash in emotions; some good and some bad.

AND emotions make me eat. Any suggestions for someone like me who has SO much weight to lose?

They have me on 1700 calories plus one starch. I'm still trying all the food and am pretty confident that I'll be able to come up with enough that I like to have some variety. I haven't been REALLY hungry which is important for me. I don't do hungry well! I couldn't get all the fruit down; 1 cup servings just seemed huge for cut up fruit/grapes, etc. so they cut me down this week to 1/2 cup. I'm in my third week and just incorporated exercise so I'm hopeful that I'll have a good third weigh in.

It was great to hear from you. I'm SO impressed that you've been on program for 2 1/2 years and have lost so much weight. It gives me hope.

Last edited by Vickie; 02-05-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #4  

Hi Vickie,

Please know you aren't alone. Our stories are very similar.

I was always the fat kid. As my earlier post said, this isn't the first time that I've used Jenny. I think I've been on this program 3 other times beforehand. The first time I had great success, but put the weight back on. I also did really well with Weight Watchers and there again, put it back on. In between there have been many, many attempts at other at-home/fad diets.

Even though I loved Weight Watchers, and I'd recommend it to anyone, I found myself joining the first of the year with everyone else, fatter every year. For ME, it gave me too much freedom and after the first few weeks of my own motivation, I was always back to cheating.

I believe I was born to be fat. Whether it be genetics or plain old socialization, I'm wired to be overweight. BUT, that doesn't mean I can't do something about it. I might have to work a lot harder than the skinnies out there, but if I did the work I could help change it.

This go around I tried to work very hard on forgiveness. That has been difficult. I have always had these ideas of fat/cheating/bad; skinny/deprivation/good. If I had fallen off the wagon and I was a bad person, why continue? But then I thought about how silly that thinking really is. How often had I quit? How often did I put the weight back on? Um, every time. I needed to quit the cycle. If I had a bad day or bad week, oh well. I couldn't go back, so I needed to just get over it and just keep doing what I had been doing before my "bad" episodes! I think that is what has helped pull me through this time. So far.

Vickie, I don't mean to get too "Dr. Phil" on you, but I do struggle all the time. In fact that's where I'm at right now. I'm hoping, perhaps, we can help motivate each other.

Take care,
Christina
Old 02-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Christina! Thanks so much for your post. We do have very, very much in common. You seem to be faster about putting the brakes on than I am. That's something to be proud of. I love WW too. My plan is to lose all my weight on JC and then use a combination of both programs to keep the weight off.

I've definitely been socialized to be fat. Food is love in my family. I'm trying to break that cycle. I'd love to change from being a live to eat girl into a eat to live one instead.

I love your introspection. I, too, am working hard on not letting lapses become collapses. One bad meal or mistake doesn't mean to throw it all away. I'm sorry to hear that you struggle all the time but it's good for me to hear. I need to get over the thinking that this will ever be done. I will have to be vigilant for the rest of my life. That used to depress me but it doesn't any more.

The second week I lost 1 pound and the third week I only lost .4. I'm hoping for a really big loss this week. I haven't been able to exercise much and my life is very sedentary. I know that's hampering me. I only walked on the treadmill once last week, but have been on 3 times already this week. I'm following the program to the letter. That's all I can do.

I'll help you in whatever way I can. I have a feeling that you will be much more inspiring than I. So did you lose all 58 pounds on JC this most recent time?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #6  

Default Another JC member!

I'm on JC also! It's slow gowing but steady, and I feel pretty good about it. I'm down 16 and need to lose another 56, maybe more, but I'll wait to decide that when I get there. I have a great JCC, she's been very helpful and keeping me on track. The thing I like the most about my experience with the program is that learning to change my approach to weight loss and food in my daily life - finding a way to stay on track and also manage social situations and other times that staying OP won't work.

Even while continuing to "have a life" I'm making decent progress. I'm averaging about 1 lb per week, and that's fine with me because I'd rather go slower with a managable lifestyle than power diet and gain it back after I can no longer maintain the lifestyle.

I'm glad to see this thread, as there is very little JC talk on the site, and this is my favorite WL board. I'm glad to have some folks to talk to!
Kimana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #7  

Hello Ladies,

I weighed in yesterday and lost 0.4 lbs. I was hoping for more, after increasing my exercise, but alas not to be. Oh, well a loss is better then the gain I had the week before. Onward!

Vickie, yes I lost this 58 lbs. this go round. I think I tried Jenny about 16 years ago. The food is much better now. What are your favorites?

Welcome, Kimana. Sixteen pounds is a great start! Sounds like you have a great attitude. I have never been a fast loser, so I try hard to be patient.
How are you liking the program?

It's been raining here off and on for several days. I'm a walker, so it's easy for me to make excuses for not exercising. I usually walk at lunch, but since it was raining I forced myself to drive to the mall and walk there. I'm glad I did. Now I need to convince myself that I need to do a little more tonight. Perhaps, walk on my Wii Fit while watching TV.

Keep me updated on your progress. Hopefully we can get this thread going again!

Take care,
Christina
Old 02-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Kimana! I feel the same about 3FC's. I've always liked the people here better than on other boards. I'm glad to meet you. I'd be delighted to lose an average of 1 pound a week. I'd love more, but who wouldn't. Like you, I don't want to become completely obsessed with this....just partially obsessed. I do want to have a life too! I have a menopausal body that gets in my way occasionally. I'm determined not to make excuses this time, though. I'd love to know more about you. Where are you from? Kids? Hubby? I'm 52, married to my best friend, with no children. We got married late in life (I was 35 and my hubby was 41). First for me, second for him. We met at work....I know!....and became great friends, then dated and got married. We'd been living and working together for years, now we are early retired from the Federal Government after working there for 30+ years. Now we are together 24/7 while retired. We like each other and that makes a difference. As I said earlier, I've been fighting my weight all my life. This time I am going to win. I'm going to lose it AND keep it off.

Great job, Christina. You were concerned you weren't going to lose at all. .4 is what I lost last week. I understand how you feel. Any loss is great but we always hope for more. Don't we?! AND, 58 pounds is just positively outstanding! Did you walk last night after the mall? I don't make myself exercise on my weigh in day. NO good reason. I'm just getting going again. I went from one day of exercise to 5 days last week. I do the treadmill in my living room. I'm starting out very slowly since I am VERY heavy and VERY out of shape. I'm up to 22 minutes at 1.8 mph. I'm going to keep increasing the time until I get to 30 minutes, then I'll increase the speed. Slowly of course. I usually injure myself by trying to do too much too soon and then I quit exercising all together. Not good or effective. So what's you life like?

My weigh in is on Monday. I lost 2.2 this week. My goal is to lose 1.6 or more next week so that I can be in the 200's!

Talk to you all soon.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #9  

Red face Just joined 2 weeks ago!

Hey!
I just joined Jenny Craig two weeks ago and so far so good. I have lost 6 lbs so far so I'm pleased but it is VERY expensive so I'm not sure I can stay on it for as long as I need to because I have so much weight to loose! How do you like it so far???
ladybug03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello Lady Bug! You are doing great! We are both at the beginning of our journey, aren't we? I have 160 pounds to lose so I'll be here a long time.

I'm liking Jenny so far. I haven't tried all the food yet but I'm working my way through the order sheet. I'm going to try almost everything once. I thought I would like some things (the stuffed sandwiches) and didn't and I AM liking things I didn't think I would (chili, rotini and meatballs). I'm eating mostly frozen. I've read some at the JC board and didn't like it there very much. Everyone has different tastes/opinions about the food so I just decided to try the stuff for myself.

I joined the rewards plan, so I was able to save money on my food. Apparently, they only offer this program to people with certain health insurance plans. It would be expensive to eat healthy on any plan because fresh produce and fruit is expensive. My husband is doing Nutrisystem so I KNOW expensive. We've convinced ourselves that this is important and we are worth it. We'll cut cable or something else if we have to.

Hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #11  
lisameng

Default 6 lbs..but motivation is wavering

Started JC end of Dec08. My motivation is wavering..I haven't been in 2 weeks will try to get back this week. I am embarassed because I gained back a pound or two.sigh
lisameng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Lisa! Can you explain why you feel your motivation is wavering? If you give us details, maybe we can help.

Last edited by Vickie; 02-17-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #13  

Hi Vickie!

How's it going for you? I'm glad you are still keeping this thread going.

I, too, am wavering. I wish I could put my finger on it, but I've been a total binge eater. Last night it was almost a whole bag of mini rice cakes. I was going to eat the whole thing, but I stopped myself. Even though there were only a few left, I felt like I needed to at least leave a few in the bag to show myself I have a modicum of self control. Whatever!

I have been in this vicious cycle of trying to "start" over and then I sabotage myself with the binging.

Maybe it's boredom? I don't know. I just know it needs to stop.

Christina
Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Christina, bummer! You weren't happy with your last loss so maybe that's derailing you. Just brush yourself off and get back on program, one meal at a time. Rice cakes, huh? Not such a bad binge. I know a calorie is a calorie but it's better than what I used to binge on. I know you think you're worth this, right?

I'm plugging away. I lost 1.8 last week and am down 10.8. I'm just trying to be the little train that could. I don't even entertain eating other food. I'm just on JC....that's the rule. I eat one dinner out a week and even that is healthy.

Last edited by Vickie; 02-18-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #15  

You are doing SO good, Vickie. Thank you for the words of encouragement.

You sound very focused. This diet thing can be pretty easy when you are focused, isn't it? Can you rub off a little on me?

Yesterday was still challenging, but my scale was down a tiny bit, so maybe I just need to stop stresssing so much. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and try to channel that energy on something more beneficial, like exercising.

Eventually I'll get back on track with you. I haven't given up completely yet, so I know there is still hope. Just be patient with my whining.

It was raining last week so it made it harder to get motivated with my walking, but we shouldn't be getting any more rain for a few days. It is very beautiful outside toda, we can see a lot of snow in the mountains, so I know that will help me.

Are you doing any excercise?