Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/182.5/130

Question Favorite Videos or Workouts?

I'm curious as to everyone's favorite videos, workout routines, exercise plans. I'm not in good enough shape yet to run... but I'm at the place where I need to start moving..

What do you think?
130star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I think just getting started walking is key. I lost all my weight by starting out walking and eventually getting to the point where I motivated myself to run a bit. Now, when it's gorgeous outside, I find myself running up to six miles. I just don't have the same drive in this nasty weather, so I just make sure I walk 45 min to an hour five days a week and light weight lifting.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I do lots of different things but one video I keep doing over and over is "Body Pump" created by Dr. Jackie Mills, I have a tape of a tape and I use it all the time, it's pretty old, and pretty well-used and I haven't found anything like it. It's a quick and challenging work-out, but you need weights to do it.
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/138/130

Height: 5'5

I started with walking too...moved it to the treadmill (afraid of bees) and slowly increased the height. Now, I'm really into weight lifting! Actually, I was talking to one of the trainers today about when I first started working out and found my first muscle! It was hilarious and I'm notorious for making an *** outta myself in the gym with new found things. Today was I have this line on my tummy from my sternum to my belly button. I had no clue what it was and almost went to the dr. I asked the trainer about it and it turns out its my abs! Hahaha...I'm used to cushon there...not abs! Made them laugh!
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

I love my treadmill! I first started walking and after a few weeks I started incorporating short runs, til I worked up to being able run for 3 miles. I also use a lot of dvds. I have a series of pilates dvds which are about 20-30 minutes long that I can't live without. Another favorite is BL Power Sculpt.
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #6  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

I love walking/running outside. I started just walking and after 3 weeks started the C25k program. I have tweeked it a bit and I use mapmyrun.com to keep track of which area I like to walk best.
My 2nd fav is the kettlebell, it mixes cardio with weights so I really get a good workout.

I love to try new things so I have one day for that.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga. It makes me feel AMAZING!!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote