UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Default Xenical Update Thread

Am I alone? There used to be a thread for those of us who had been prescribed Xenical by their doctor where we logged our progress. One by one the regular contributors stopped posting and now I'm feeling like there's only me left.

So I thought I'd give this shout to any others out there who are taking Xenical as part of their weightloss plan.

I'll start by saying I've started my weightloss journey 21 months ago in May 2007 and have lost a total of 7st 12lbs (110lbs). I started taking Xenical after 3 month 'going it alone' and have continued to meet my doctors target of 5% loss every 3 months. I'm only 10lb away from the goal I orginally set and I intend to take the Xenical until I reach this point.

Anyone else care to share their successes, or even failures.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/242/168

Height: 5ft7

I'm not taking Xenical, but Reductil. Been taking it for 3 or 4 months now. I'm also doing Slimming World. I'm quiet sure my weighloss is coming from SW more than from Reductil. So when I'm done with this course of tablets, I will stop taking them and see if there is any difference.

Never really liked the thought of Xenical and the side effects it can have *shudder*
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I'm absolutely sure that my weightloss has been because of the diet more than the pill. My doctor has told me this numerous times. If you don't change your eating habits nothing happens (other than making you ill in my case). However Xenical does prevent 30% of the calories from fat from being absorbed, in my case that amounts to about 130-150 calories a day. So I think my weightloss has been faster and more consistent that it would have been if I wasn't taking the tablets.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #4  
ann
ann

S/C/G: starting weight 210lbs

Height: 5 ft 2ins

well done kitty i've just started xenical and i'm not sure of what to expect. i've tryed going it alone and failed so my g.p prescribed xenical and although i thought i was sticking to a low fat diet i have found out (the hard way) that i've been eating fats i didn't know of but the good news is after 5 days on the pills i've lost 2 lbs and with my sons wedding in august i feel very hopefull of success
ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #5  

Hello Everyone! I was just prescribed Xenical yesterday, and I have not taken the pills as of yet. KforKitty I noticed that you have lost a mega amount of weight, and I need to do the same. Can you please share any type of advice that you may havefor me, right now I am overwelmed with the change of diet. Thank you in advance!
Modiva38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #6  
ann
ann

S/C/G: starting weight 210lbs

Height: 5 ft 2ins

oh my xenical can be nasty. over the easter period the kids all had lots of easter eggs and i mistakingly thought "no props' i have my trusty xenical" well i'm sure you know the rest but one thing's for sure i will stick to my diet and my xenical 'cos i don't ever want to suffer that again but i DO want to lose weight and just to prove they do work i have lost 8lb since starting
ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #7  

Oh wow Kitty, I remember you from when I first joined. Big congrats, I bet you feel like a different person. :-)
Sparklegal is offline   Reply With Quote