Old 02-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default Anyone just go by inches?

I only lost 6 pounds in Jan (which isn't too bad considering but I wanted at least 2 pounds a week of course) but I also lost 5 1/2 inches. I'm more excited about the inches and only have 2 in my "pooch", 1 in my waist, 4 1/2 in my hips, and 2 in my thighs before I'm where I was in July.

So, does anyone NOT weigh themselves and just go by inches? My scale seems to be all over anymore.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #2  

What an excellent idea.

I threw out my scale, am doing my intuitive eating and I measure occasionally. I'm down 0.5in off waist in about 2 weeks? Or thereabouts. I can't even remember, but its a decrease and I like it!

After all..weight fluctuates a lot.

Ultimately, we don't walk around with a sign that says "MY WEIGHT IS XXXLBS" over our heads...but anyone can have a peek at your waist, hips, upper arms in most day to day situations. I don't give a damn what I weigh anymore, and I'm trying not to care about shape either, but as shape is what is so apparant, that is most important.

Ideally, you want to be slim but weigh a lot, as then you'll look great but also have a lot of muscle that needs fuel..ie more calories..

keep going with it
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #3  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I've been going only by inches for almost a year now. A trip to the scale has informed me that I'm two pounds lighter than last year, and I'm not constantly fretting about every little ounce. I usually go by my hip measure, as the first place I gain is my lower stomach.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

Interesting! It's great to see you ladies not worrying about the scale.

I read an article a while back about weight. It kinda asked, "What if there wasn't scales, and what if, no matter what you ate or how much you exersised, we all had the exact same, relatively healthy, shape? Would you still exersise? Would you still eat the way you do? What if shapliness (is that a word?) was viewed as it was in the romance era, where women were robust, and sturdy with soft bellies and pedulous breasts? What if the thought of bones and firm thighs/arses/abs was related to the poor and hungry? What if we looked at women, like women, instead of asking them to shelve thier sexuality and remain limbo in the shape of a child?
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote