Old 01-31-2009, 09:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215-220?/200/155

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm back...and I'm in Spain now

Hola chicas! It has been forever ago since I last logged in.

Excuses: Last semester was the hardest semester of my life and led me to an even further sedentary life. Christmas, 'nuff said. I hate new years resolutions.

Where I am now: Actually, about the same weight, but wayyy out of shape. I'm in Spain for a semester and it seems to be a cakewalk at the moment in terms of classes but the drinking and the most delicious desserts ever are throwing a kink in it. I had lost weight because the first 2 weeks, we never stopped moving and didn't have much of an appetite but now that we are in a routine, I don't walk as much and I'm like always hungry. I also don't have a scale and we don't have dryers in Spain so my clothes don't shrink back up. I'm worried about this (only a little bit though0 because I have no way to gauge my progress and could be like "ooo i've lost so much weight" and then go home, do laundry, and whoops not really.

Plan: I don't have classes in the am and don't have to leave until 11 or 12 depending on the day. Everyone else has morning classes (heehee) so lately I've been trying to get up early to do stuff but have been so tired I don't get up and/or don't get anything done. What I want to do is get up, hike up to the castle (which doesn't open until 10...) and then go to the market, shower, and go to class, but i'm not sure if the way to hike will be blocked since the castle doesn't open until 10. Guess i'll just have to have a back up plan. There's also another castle somewhere that i haven't been to, but that's supposed to be better for running and i don't think i'm up for running just yet. And also, i just want to go for a walk in the evenings that I don't work. Food- we have a really awesome market that's only open in the mornings so i have to get up early but they have relatively cheap produce so i'm trying to do like rice, veggies, and meat for dinners and sandwich and salad for lunch. for breakfast, granola. Snacks are what kill me. There's so much chocolate here!!! i think i need to plan a dessert day where I get to have one actual dessert not just "pecking" like i normally do. Right now, i have grapes and clementines for snacks. drinking is something i also have to budget for. I really just drink vodka with diet coke or other diet soda and occasionally have cava.

Problems: some ole shiz: procrastination, laziness, emotional eating, boredom eating (more of an issue when i'm at home here since there's not much to do in the apartment)

Sooo yup! i'm back! and since i have more free time, hopefully I'll be able to contribute more Thanks for any encouragement or advice!!!
M a g g i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi I'm new to the scene, so we haven't met, but Spain sounds like so much fun! I studied abroad in Ireland and Prague and had a blast! I didn't really worry about my diet and let myself go while I was there. I did have to lose about 10 extra pounds when I got back, but boy did I have fun!

Where in Spain are you?
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote