South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 05:53 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default The Weekend Chatterbox!

Good Morning all. I couldn't sleep so here I am at 5:30 (up for an hour) to say hello to you all. The coffee is brewing so grab a cup and join me, won't you?

Whats on your agenda for the day?

Me? I figured I'd do some major cleaning. I want to have a list together by the afternoon to go shopping with. Don't want to pick up much, work with what I have in the fridge/freezer. I have to buy the dogs food, that runs 40 a bag. I hope I can keep them on Taste of the Wild because they love it and I love the results. They love it so much I go through a bag every three weeks! I've never had softer fur on an animal! Labs get a natural oil to their fur.. Jades fur is not flakey anymore, soft and not oily. It's awesome! And to think I haven't bathed her in over four months! It wasn't until I went to visit my sister last week and pet her chocolate lab that I realize just how much nicer Jade's coat really is due to the food choice I give her!

I guess that goes the same for us.... the better quality food we intake, the better the results! You know, I haven't made chicken soup all year, perhaps that will be my dish for the week.

Speaking of dogs... I will bring them to the college and let them run for a spell and walk some. I can walk, just not with them pulling on me and if I douse myself with pain meds.

I think the water tank is leaking again. I have to clear the table that is in front of the closet and check it out. I have a 6 ft. table along the wall next to my desk for Bible Study purposes. Not an easy task.

So whats on your plate for the weekend?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

On my late? A ton of fruit salad, at the moment. I just added kiwi and strawberries to my monster fruit salad for the meeting at 8:30. Claire is looking after the muffins and coffee so we're all set. I love early meetings!

The rest of the day will be all mine and I intend to enjoy it. The lane got ploughed again yesterday after another dump of snow so I'll do some leash work with Disney. My soup is ready for lunch. I goofed a bit when I went to add rice and grabbed arborio instead. Oh well!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning all Speaking of goofing - I mixed what I thought were 2 partial containers of refried beans. Turns out one was leftover baked beans so I have an interesting breakfast combo Ah well, the important thing today is that it stick to my ribs out in the chilly coastal winds.

Lori - Enjoy your outside doggie time

Ruth - It will be nice to have an afternoon to yourself.

Okay Chicks, I'm off. Hope everyone has a good, warm Saturday
Old 01-31-2009, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Lori - hope the dogs enjoy the run. If we could have pure joy like that in our lives, huh?!

Ruth - I will admit, I don't even know what arborio is. But, the kiwi, strawberry and muffin sound delish!!

Cyndi - are you enjoying your weekend? Keep warm!

Me - work from 9-2, then my DH set up a date for us!! I can't believe it...I finally told him it'd be nice if he *thought of it, *arranged the sitter, and *planned it...and here he goes doing it!! WoooOO-Eeeee! I should confess things more often!

Hope you enjoy the weekend, ladies!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A nice plate of fruit salad and a muffin would get my morning off to a perfect start.

Loriann, I hope the grocery stores near you are dropping prices like the stores around me. It seems they're waging price wars right now to lure in shoppers, which is fine with me! I'll go to any store where I can get a bargain! You sound like you have a positive attitude about your future, and I'm so glad to hear it!

Ruth, I hope your breakfast meeting is fun! So, what do you have planned for the rest of the day besides leash-training Disney? Knowing you, you'll find something to keep you plenty busy.

Cyndi, I enjoyed looking at your pictures from your motel room. What a lovely view! I hope you get to see lots of different species today! Enjoy your beany breakfast!

I'm just planning a shopping trip to Walmart after breakfast this morning, and we'll see what the afternoon brings. I still don't have my laptop back, it needed a lot of work and they ordered me a new battery, too, so they're waiting for that. I'm not going to complain at all about the waiting, though, since all this work is being done for free.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Outta here.

Arborio is pasta shaped like rice! It wasn't even ww pasta!
I threw the rest out.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/240/145

Height: 5'6'

As soon as my dad gets home from work me and my brothers are gonna move me back home, I moved out in September and I think in 4 months i stayed alone for 15 times. but anyway i am moving home today
Old 01-31-2009, 08:42 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Lori- Hope you get that walk in with the dogs

Ruth- The fruit salad sounds delish, enjoy your morning meeting

Cyndi- enjoy your bird watching

TwynnB- Enjoy your date with DH, it's nice when you don't have to do the planning.

Cottage- Enjoy your day

Jess- Hope the move goes well.

I am about to go with DS to drop off his drop for hopefully an inexpensive repair as he truck auction ends on ebay today, how is that for cutting it close, then we are off to the grocery store and then we all will clean and then just enjoy the evening. DH is down in FL for SuperBowl weekend.

Have a great day ladies.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Lori: Good luck getting all the things on your to-do list done! I"m about to make one myself...there's so much to get to! I hope you and the pups have fun at the college and that it's pain-free for you.

Ruth: Your fruit salad sounds gorgeous! I bet it tasted wonderful. I don't remember the last time I ate a kiwi! I hope your early meeting went/is going nicely and that you have a pleasant day.

Cyndi: I hope you two stay warm out there! I can't wait to see the pics. I spent quite a bit of time on Julie's site last night; she does capture some amazing images! Have a wonderful day!

Twynn: WTG for DH! I hope the two of you have a lot of fun on your date tonight!

Cottage: I've been teasing DH that I "need" a laptop for Valentine's Day. I don't think that's going to happen, yet. I'm sure he was thinking more along the lines of a few good books and a nice dinner in, which is fine! I hope you have a nice day!

Jess: I don't think we've "met" yet, so it's nice to "meet" you! I hope that your move goes quickly and easily!

Pearl: Wow; DH is lucky to be in FL this weekend. I'm hoping one of these years I'll be able to surprise my DH with a trip to the superbowl. Oh well, I'm getting the house cleaned today so he can have an uninterrupted day of football tomorrow. It's the least I can do! I hope the truck repairs go smoothly and aren't too bad! Have a nice day!

Me: Last night ended up being a bust. DH and I got home just feeling blah. Usually, I look to him for my "get-out-and-work-out" attitude when I'm feeling dumpy, but we both were and skipped the workouts. I guess it's okay, since yesterday would have been my 7th day straight...maybe my body was just telling me it needed a break. Anyhow, to make matters worse, we went and grabbed takeout and I got steak fingers with fries and pinto beans, along with a slice of white bread toast and gravy. Thankfully, I did have the foresight to throw half of it away before I started eating. Not that smart of a meal choice, but I reckon it's not that bad when I think about what I was doing to myself a month ago. 30 days with only one "unauthorized" cheat isn't all that bad. I'm already back on track this morning, though, and am still looking forward to a decent weigh-in tomorrow.

Well, off to write down my list of niggles! I hope I can get it all done today!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 01-31-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:05 AM   #10  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Morning ladies...well it's afternoon here!

Loriann: Your doggies sound lovely. I miss having a dog around...labs are such lovely creatures!

Ruth: What kind of soup are you making?

Cyndi: Mixing odd ingredients sometimes makes for a totally new meal idea.

Twynn: I remember having the same speech a few months ago...he planned a nice dinner and then took me to...his mom's house. ~sigh

Cottage: I hope they fix your laptop sooner rather than later for you!

Jess: Good luck with your move!

Pearl: Have a nice evening...we'll be watching the superbowl here, but we don't get all the cool commercials and it's on at like 11 PM!!!

Kim: good luck with your list!

Me: Half the day is gone, and they have predicted snow for West of Scotland, which means it'll be freezing rain for Glasgow Although, it doesn't look too bad just now. I'm off to get my bus pass renewed for the month and then the grocery store. We're having an indian curry for dinner tonight. I'm just going to have it plain, DH is having it with poppadams and lime pickle. He wanted mango chutney, but I talked him out of it, since it might cause me to sin! Have my first weigh in tomorrow after mass:...have not been exercising much this week, but hope to pick up next week when my pilates video arrives. Hope y'all have a nice day...check you later. Go Cardinals!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/223/175

Height: 5'8"

Greetings all - lovely sunny day here - quite motivating. Lots to get through on the home front today. Home alone at the moment, so I have the tunes cranked and just took a protein break, and thought I would check in. Youngest has hockey this afternoon, so I will be cheering her on. Stay focused - the week-ends at home can be a challenge - at least at work you can only eat what you bring! Not really craving anything; happy about that.

Cheers!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:46 AM   #12  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good mornig all!!!

Don't have time for personals this morning, but wanted to stop by and say hi! Went and saw the Wrestler last night. It was good, and i totally understand all the hype over Mickey Rourke. He was fantastic. However the movie is very dark. Let's just say, I'm glad I've seen it, I totally appreciate the craft and the making of it and such, but it's not one that I really need to see again. Does that make sense???
Today I'm at the USO right now, and we've got a few soldiers milling about. This afternoon I'm going to finish my menu for next week and head to the grocery store. Then tonight we're going to dinner with friends. So it should be a good day!!!
Hope all goes well with you all!!! BLESSINGS!
Old 01-31-2009, 12:54 PM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Ruth - Are you talking about Orzo? Arborio rice *is* rice -- just a very starchy rice. Orzo is pasta shaped like rice.

-
I'm seeing Benjamin Button with my SIL today and then DH is going to watch some fights with some friends. I wish I could go, but I can't leave DS2 yet and I don't really feel like bringing him to a bar.

I'm going to try and get some cooking done while he's gone. I'm sending some food to FIL on Monday and I need to restock our freezer.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Duh! Of course I meant orzo! Remember I'm getting old. There's lots of stuff in my brain and sometimes the pointers aren't at the right spot. I think I need to defrag!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #15  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies! I am back again after disappearing again for several months! I am sorry to say I was quite successful during my maternity leave but as soon as I got back to work (and a new job at that), I fell right off the wagon and gained it all back. It was a high stress situation for me -- new job, working mom of two, and well the baby was only 12 weeks old. Anyway, the baby's now 10.5 months, and we're (slowly but surely) getting the hang of this two kids thing, and hubbie and I are back on SBD -- Phase 1 -- starting Monday!

I went to the store the morning to stock up. Luckily we've done this twice before -- the first time nearly 5 years ago -- and it is a plan we both enjoy which makes it work for us.

I see lots of familiar people so I hope you don't mind if I just jump right back in!!

Thanks!
:heart: Lauren

Last edited by Natalie'sMom; 01-31-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Closed Thread