Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/285/215

Height: 6'5

Default i think im going to give up

I have seemingly tried everything... weight watchers, biggest loser, meal replacement, fat loss for idiots, south beach, akins, etc... i can lose the first 5 or so pounds easy but then it stops... i go to the gym everyday of the week... start with 15 minutes of cardio move to my weight lifting for an hour head to the basketball court either shoot hoops or play and then cool down on the bike... Nothing seems to work for me... i am 18, 6' 5", weigh 298... i wish i could just get a knife and cut the fat out of my belly...

PLEASE I NEED THE HELP TO FIND THE SECRET I NEED TO BURN THE FAT AWAY...
norcal707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #2  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Have you tried calorie counting along with any of those plans? Calorie counting works for many, many people; it's simple, effective, and free. I use calorie counting along with South Beach now and it works like a charm.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMaiden View Post
Have you tried calorie counting along with any of those plans? Calorie counting works for many, many people; it's simple, effective, and free. I use calorie counting along with South Beach now and it works like a charm.
i did it mostly for the biggest loser one cause it would tell me how many i would eat in a day... i did the opposite of it... i counted how many i burned... i would stop usually after i would burn all te calories i would eat in the day which would be around 11am
Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #4  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

have you kept up any one plan for a long time or given up each time you stall?

Last edited by froggie83; 01-29-2009 at 04:00 PM.
froggie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #5  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi and ditto what WarMaiden said. Calorie counting has been the only thing that's worked for me-but not the calorie counting we did in the 1970's when we were starving ourselves to death! I've also tried every other plan and pills, but none of that worked. I'm a lot older than you and finally learned here at 3fc a reasonable way to count calories and the weight is finally coming off (45 pounds since September). Please don't give up, but look into CC or any of the other methods that have been successful for the people here. We're all pulling for each other, including you
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

Consistency is the key. You have to stick with it even when its hard and you want to stop. That is the only thing different about my current attempt at a healthier lifestyle.

I have killed myself in the gym and seen no movement or 1 lb loss some months. When I calculate the number of calories I have burned not including BMR and subtract those I've eaten, I should have lost my weight in 3 months time at most. Instead because of the way my body is its taken me 7 months to get to this point.

Weight loss is frustrating and very challenging but to achieve any measure of success at it you have to put in the time.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
have you kept up any one plan for a long time or given up each time you stall?
i have been on biggest loser for i wanna say 2 1/2 months... i got my wisdoms pulled this past week so i wasnt able to follow along
Old 01-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #8  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal707 View Post
i did it mostly for the biggest loser one cause it would tell me how many i would eat in a day... i did the opposite of it... i counted how many i burned... i would stop usually after i would burn all te calories i would eat in the day which would be around 11am
I don't understand what you mean, exactly. "It" would tell you how many calories you were eating? What is "it"?

Calorie-counting usually involves writing down all your food and drink, or putting it into a web tool, and calculating how many calories you are taking in. Is that what you were doing? Do you know how many calories you've been eating/drinking?
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMaiden View Post
I don't understand what you mean, exactly. "It" would tell you how many calories you were eating? What is "it"?

Calorie-counting usually involves writing down all your food and drink, or putting it into a web tool, and calculating how many calories you are taking in. Is that what you were doing? Do you know how many calories you've been eating/drinking?
I count how many calories i burn off... on the biggest loser they keep track of how much you take in... so like tomorrow they have me eating i think 1,847 calories
Old 01-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Don't give up.

Weight loss is a doable thing. It's not some crazy, hare-brained scheme. It's been proven. Time and time again. And anyone and everyone CAN do it.

But it is hard work. Very rewarding hard work, but hard work nonetheless. And if you ask me, it's waaaaay harder to be morbidly obese, as I was, then to lose the weight.

In order to lose weight you must be willing to give up certain things and add in others. But you must, must STICK with a healthy plan. The only way these plans "work" is if you stick with them. So that is ESSENTIAL.

It is a decision you must make - which is more worth it to you - to eat the high calorie/high quantity food - or to be at a healthy weight? Once you make that decision, that commitment to lose the weight, it will be much easier to stick with your plan. And even if it's not so easy, it doesn't matter, because you've DECIDED and COMMITTED to losing the weight.

It took me a lot of years to figure this out - you don't have to be fat if you don't want to be. This is something that you have complete control over. All the best.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #11  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Don't give up!

How long have you been going from diet to diet? 6 months? 12 months? Longer?

If you've gone a long time with no success, you may benefit from seeing a doctor to have your thyroid checked. It's a good place to start, just to make sure there isn't something tripping you up.

Quote:
i did the opposite of it... i counted how many i burned... i would stop usually after i would burn all te calories i would eat in the day which would be around 11am
Make sure you are not overexercising. If you are burning as many calories as you take in, you're going to be running a massive deficit. Your body will, at baseline, use at least 1200 calories a day. At that kind of deficit, it will start scrimping and "holding on" to the fat. Your body is incredibly adaptive. That's why experts say to shoot for a 1-2 pound per week loss (500-1000/day deficit).
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/175/155

Height: 5'5"

I sounded just like you a few days ago and I received so much encouragement that now I feel that I can do it and I will because I know there is always going to be someone int the 3fc family that will be there for support. Im new to this too but Im here whenever you need to vent.
bikini bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #13  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Weightloss is hard and you have to work at you. Dont give up. When i started calorie counting i weighed around 240 and i started at 1800. Im thinking that maybe 1,847 isnt enough. IMO i think you should be starting out at like 2,200. How much and how hard are you exercising?
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #14  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Can you continue your efforts to get healthy just.one.more.day? Try that and then do it for another day and another. I echo the others and say try counting your calories religiously AND count the ones you burn. Keep on keepin on...it's all you can do.

You don't want to get bigger do you? End up like the people on TV that weigh 900 lbs? They got that way (in part) due to giving up at some point. Please don't. I don't know you but I do care enough about you to say please just keep trying to get healthy!!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I for one, and of course we are all different, keep my calories consumed totally and completely separate from my calories burned. Those calorie burned calculators are HIGHLY inaccurate. I eat what I eat and I burn what I burn. One is not dependent on the other. Any calories I burn through exercise and physical activity is an added bonus in the deficit department.

So really, I would just concentrate on tracking the calories that you eat.. I think this is what you really, REALLY need to do.

Definitely add in physical activity, but IMO there is no reason at all to keep counts on that.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote