WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 08:16 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Talking Foods that work for me!

Man... it's slow around here! Hopefully this will be a good thread.

What foods work for you? keep you satisfied... fill you up. Please include point value if possible.

for me:

Natural Ovens products - the dinner rolls are great! 1pt
fruit: bananas and grapefruits - for fruit this are filling
serbert icecream 3 pts 1/2 cup - I put it in a 10 calorie cone -what a treat!
hot chocolate - swiss miss no sugar - 1 pt I find hot liquid more filling then water.
pretzels - can't live without them. 45 sticks 2pts
red peppers and onions! I put them on my George Foreman grill and add them to almost everything.

What foods "work" for you?

Dana
235/225/212 10% mini goal - 4th week on WW
Old 05-16-2002, 09:28 AM   #2  

1. Fake meat. High protein, low fat, high fiber, relatively low carb.

I use fake ground beef in spaghetti sauce, taco salad, chili, etc. There are many varieties, dry (rehydrate before use), refrigerated, or frozen, but most work out to a point or two per cup of "browned, drained ground beef" equivalent.

I love Boca Burgers (1 point for most flavors, 2 for others), Morningstar Farms breakfast links (2 for 1 point) or patties (1 point), Boca Italian sausages (2 points), Morningstar hot wings...

2. Light bread. Yes, real bread is way yummier, but at 2 slices for a point, light bread is a good bargain. Grilled FF cheese (using Pam) on light bread = 2 points/sandwich. Turkey with honey mustard and tomato on toasted light rye = 2-3 points.

3. Legumes--vegetarian baked beans (2 points per 1/2 cup), lentil pilaf, fat free refried beans (1 point per 1/2 cup--and that is A LOT of refried beans)...
Old 05-16-2002, 01:32 PM   #3  

What the heck, I'll put in my two cents:

Mrs. Meringue chocolate meringues, 4 for 2 points (and they're sweet enough to satisfy any post-dinner sugar cravings)

Awesome Chocolate soy ice cream, 3 points for 1/2 cup (I'm lactose intolerant and this makes me happier about not being able to eat ice cream)

Chicken sausage from the health food store (all kinds of flavors, 3 points per 1/4 pound link!)

Pre-washed organic salad mix in bulk--just buy a bagful and have a giant salad every night in as much time as it takes to take a bunch and put it into a bowl!

Olives--garlic stuffed or manzanillas have such a strong taste that munching a few of them while I'm cooking dinner keeps me from snacking on richer foods, and I can eat a few without counting them.

Lenore
153(this time)/135/145.5
Old 05-24-2002, 03:53 PM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Default Some of my faves

I just found Mrs Meringue cookies, Lenore. They are great!! They fill me up and get rid of my sweet tooth.

I like making fat-free hot chocolate with coffee, instead of water. Then you have a cocoa-coffee, just 1 point. It tastes like an exotic coffee at a coffee bar.

I read once that when you get a chocolate craving to eat a dill pickle. I always have some around. They are 0 pts.

Pria bars by Power Bar--they are really good and only 2 pts.

Ball Park fat free hot dogs (1 pt. each); put it in a lite hot dog bun and you have a 2-pt. meal.

I agree that Boca Burgers are really good and only two pts. I like mine in an English muffin (4 pts., burger and muffin). Watch some of the hamburger buns. I accidentally bought some potato ones and they were 5-6 pts. a piece!!

Yep, love pretzels.

Mmmm, the refried beans sound good. I also need to find the vegetarian baked beans. I like baked beans, but regular ones are high points for a small amount.

Bumby, I need to try that fake ground beef.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Good thread! Foods that work for me:

Hunts Snak Pack FF chocolate pudding (2 pts)
RF Triscuits 7 for 2 pts
Laughing Cow cheese wedges (1 pt)
English muffins w/light cottage cheese (3 pts)
Morningstar Farms Chik Nuggets & Buffalo Wings
Flame Grilled Veggie Burgers
Kraft 2% Cheese Slices - American 1 pt
Just 2 Points Bars
Vitalicious Cran Bran Muffins 3 pts for the whole thing!
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones that popped in my mind. I'm always on the lookout for new foods and recipes.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #6  

I love buffalo wings and hated the fact of giving them up. I'll have to try Morningstar buffalo wings. I'm just starting to find certain foods that I like, but not very many yet. My hardest thing is giving up Pepsi Tracie
Old 05-31-2002, 06:51 PM   #7  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

I like old fashioned oatmeal==not instant--from the box. I cook it in my microwave and it's two points. I can eat it without milk. When I'm really hungry, I'll add a shy serving of unsweetened applesauce and a few raisins and some cinnamon. Really delicious and somehow more filling than the instant packets.

I like taking one of the new canned tomato products--stewed tomatoes, sliced for example--heat it up and add a serving of
dried couscous. The couscous cooks up in seconds. The whole thing is only 4 points and it's so filling, you don't have to eat the whole thing.

I also like sauteeing mushrooms, onions, and peppers and putting them on everything. One favorite is a LF tortilla covered by veggies and then either a slice of FF cheese melted or FF refried beans and salsa. All good.

I do find the best point values are the non-meat soy products, but I also like canned tuna and flavor it with FF Kraft dressing and onion and celery. If I'm starving, I eat the whole thing for 3 points, tops, and if I'm doing okay, I eat half the 6 oz. can.

Good luck, everybody!
Old 06-01-2002, 10:54 AM   #8  

Default foods that work for me

If you like the Miss Merengues try the mint chocolate chip flavor they are awesome and 5 for 2 points.

I eat Egg Beaters alot,they seem to keep me full feeling.

Pretzels
Boca burgers'
morningstar
ice cream dixie cups
laughing cow cheese
fruit
water
french fries usually just take a potato and cut it up and nuke it and dip in ketchup
Closed Thread