Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/237/200

Height: 5'3"

Default I'm exhausted!

ok, so I'm low carbing it. This past week or two, my scale has frozen, so I started working out. I've swam twice and since I live in new york city I've been walking like crazy. Like after work I will usually walk a good twenty to thirty blocks. Today, I walked in between two classes I teach. I got to the second class to teach a bunch of kindergartners, and the woman I work for was like my goodness, you look exhausted, you should go home, we got this covered. She was right. I could barely hold myself up.

Today, I pretty much had no time to eat at all, till I was told to go home. I woke up too late to eat breakfast and didn't have time to eat lunch. I know that's terrible, and believe me, it's not common at all. So I'm sure that played some roll in this fatigue, but not entirely. I've been having this problem for the past few weeks, and actually the reason why I couldn't eat breakfast was because I overslept. Do I need to eat more? This fatigue does seem to coincide with the scale stop, maybe PMS? I usually eat about 1200 calories a day.
ale2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

This is just my opinion. Someone else may think completely opposite

Your body needs fuel to function. Skipping meals and not fueling your fire (metabolism) is a sure way to slow it down.
Try eating on a consistant basis. I'm not going to say low carb diets don't work, but your brain and muscles need glucose to function.
1200 calories seems low to me for your current weight.

Good luck
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

ale, there are several online calculators that will help you determine what you should be eating calorie wise. Given your weight I would think it would be around 2000 or 2100. I eat 1500 and am still dropping slowly but surely. I don't know much about the whole low carb deal so I can't comment. Make sure your protein is coming from high quality sources. I always thought that lowcarbers didn't count calories, only carbs. Is that not true?

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 01-28-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Also make sure you're not pregnant, because stopping weight loss and being unusually fatigued is classic.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I was also going to say, someone who weighs over 200 lbs should be eating more than 1200 calories/day. You do need to fuel your body.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/237/200

Height: 5'3"

ok thank you everyone! No, counting calories is not essential for low carb diets, but I just like to keep track. Comes in handy with situations like this. And man, I sure hope I'm not pregnant! ( I thought of that, and the chances are less than slim) Maybe the low carb thing isn't for me? My dr says i have low blood sugar, so no carbs or sugar. This diet makes sense in that situation, I guess. The only reason I eat so few calories is because that's kinda what feels right as far as hunger goes, but apparently not as far as energy goes. Today I ate a big breakfast, then swam then walked around for about an hour, then ate lunch, then walked around for another couple hours. I was fine. Maybe this thread would be better suited in the nutrition section? Sorry, Kinda new here and not sure how things go.
ale2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

dont forget to drink enough too. and gaterade is very helpful, my friend went thru that after yoga classes and she started drinking gaterade, more water, and eating more and it definatly helped.
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

No carbs or sugar to someone with low blood sugar? That seems odd. There's no way I would stay awake without some carbs. However only whole grain carbs (oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat/rye pasta and bread), and sugar from fruit, etc. work for me.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote