Old 01-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #1  

Default 2 weeks at home and travelling

I started Weight Watchers three weeks ago and have lost 8.6 pounds (yay me). I feel very comfortable with my current routine and schedule. However, my last day at this job is February 6.

Then I spend two weeks at home (with no schedule). Then I begin a new job on February 23 and will probably be travelling 3-4 days a week for 2-3 weeks to get a crash course in my new industry.

Can anyone who doesn't work outside the home or has been home for an extended period share with me some tips on how you manage your day when you're able to pop into the kitchen all day? I've seriously never been at home all day for longer than one day running since I bought my house five years ago. Two weeks sounds like insanity.

Can anyone who travels regularly for work share any tips they use to stay on plan when travelling and eating in restaurants all the time? At this point, I don't have insight as to the type of hotels or restaurants I might be able to choose from.
Ariashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/250/150

Height: 5'6"

When I travel with work, I pack quite a bit of my own stuff. I factor in restaurants as my source for fresh produce and meat, if I am not able to get to a market. I prefer to stay in a kitchenette, and if not possible, I ask for a fridge.
I bring with me:
nuts, protein bars, powdered soup in a cup, a ziplock bag of cereal, some low fat hot chocolate, pouches of salad dressing, 100 cal snacks...
I often travelling internationally so I can't bring produce, but if I am travelling domestically I will fill my carry on or purse with produce such as apples or pears and carrots.
When I go out to restaurants I usually have a hot chocolate, or a protein bar before I go. Then I order carefully, ususally salad, soup etc to keep my meals light.
I actually find room service very accomodating and worth the additional price because they will make substitutions and omit extra fats etc..
If I do get free time, and I am in a country where I feel comfortable, I will go a market and get fresh food.
Hope this helps-
Macomom is offline   Reply With Quote