Old 01-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #1  
Math Tutor Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 330/309/150

Height: 5'9"

Default OMG, what is happening to me?

When I first started counting calories on December 28th I was hungry all the time. Sometimes I felt hungrier after I ate than before I ate. The last couple of days, though, I have barely been hungry at all. In fact, I have been forcing myself to eat. Right now I have logged 1357 calories and have already burned 2432 calories. My bodybugg is projecting that I will burn 2977 calories today, and the projection is always low. That means if I don't eat any more I am on track to have a deficit of at least 1600 calories.

Yesterday I only had 1373 calories and ended up the bugg telling me I had a 1209 calorie deficit, but since I didn't sleep with it my burn was estimated and probably about 500 calories lower than what the website says. So yesterday my deficit was probably more like 1700 calories.

I think I am eating okay.

Breakfast
Cearal with a small amount of whole milk (130.4 cals total)

AM Snack
Pineapple (97 cals)

Lunch
Lamb, baby carrots, cottage cheese (303.1 cals total)

PM snack
Avocado, wheat thins (267.6 cals total)

Dinner
Cod, mixed veggies, baked potato w/ chipotle sauce (358.8 cals total)

Extra
60 grams of Marshmellows (200 cals)

And that isn't even very accurate. I couldn't finish the lamb or the cod. I ended up throwing away half of both. I know this is not enough food, but I feel completely full. I tried to force down the last of my fish, but I felt like if I ate anymore it wold make me sick.

I'm glad to not be hungry, but at the same time I want to be healthy. Should I be adding some more high calorie foods to my plate?

One thing I have noticed is that both days I have gone over my recommended level of fiber. Could the fiber be the problem? And is it possible to eat too much fiber?
BelovedImzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Fiber is great for you I wouldn't sweat it. It lowers cholesterol, keeps your sugar in check and keeps you feeling full longer. (today I had 43 grams)

If you want to get a few extra cals cook in olive oil and have a handful of nuts or two. Not very filling but calorie dense and full of the 'good fat's'.

But honestly it looks like you are doing everything right! Eating a bit more wouldn't hurt. I mean for your weight you could stand to eat a bit more and still lose a good amount per week.

Last edited by lottie63; 01-25-2009 at 09:51 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Ive been the same way for the last 4 days, eating all the right foods, not skipping meals or snacks but I can't finish and end up with a large deficiet. Maybe it's our bodies adjusting?
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #4  
unabashed

I am having this happen also. Remember, the less you aet for the longer you eat less, your stomach shrinks cuz yer not stretching it with all that extra food.

Tonight for a snack I had an apple and 10 cherry flavored prunes (awesome!) and some water and I am still so full. I don't eat again until midnight (bf works late so we keep late hours) and I"m sure I"ll be fine until then.

I know the feeling of questioning it though, it's like, WOW, is this how satiated THIN peopel feel?! lol.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #5  

Maybe I am worrying for nothing, but I don't know. I don't want to stop losing weight because I didn't eat enough.

Nuts sound like a good idea. I really like nuts.

The fnny thing is, today I thought I was being naghty by eating wheat things. Now I am thinking I should eat some more.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #6  
unabashed

Have you calculated your bmr and calorie deficits to see how much you NEED to eat to lose 2 lbs or so a week?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #7  
unabashed

Oh you use bodybugg. I didn' tknow what that is but I checked it out.

interesting. So I guess you do know.

My one friend is eating only 1200 cals for MONTHS. I told her she would stall and she finally has and can't seem to budge on the scale. She went too low and now has 'no options' as to 'where to go' from there.

So ya know, keep it high enough that when you stall you can still move yer cals DOWN and still be healthy.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #8  

Yeah, the bodybugg has been awesome. It helps me be very specific about how much to eat. I've been thinking about going down to a 1500 cal deficit, since at my weight losing 3 lbs a week would be safe. Maybe this is my body's way of telling me it's not such a bad idea.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #9  

BTW, your friend may actually be able to break her plataeu by eating more.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #10  
unabashed

Maybe!

1500 cals is definately doable. I do 1400 (but I weigh a smidge less than you) and then some weeks I calorie cycle.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #11  
unabashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedImzadi View Post
BTW, your friend may actually be able to break her plataeu by eating more.
I know this. She refuses.

I think she has a little bit of ED in her, with the way that she is terrified and demonizing of food.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 AM   #12  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

I get into the habit of eating pretty much the same thing daily, and when this happens, I have no appetite. This also sets me up to plateau, it's just that shopping for myself and then for my husband and daughter gets to be really expensive since I am vegetarian and they are meat and potato freaks. So I get stuck eating very similar day in and out. As soon as I vary what I eat, I will feel hungrier and actually have stomach rumbles thoughout the day. Not sure if this is what's happening with you, but it's a sure thing with me. I agree, though, you don't want to go too low, for when a plateau hits, it's frustrating, and if you can't play with your calorie intake for you are already too low, then your only option is to up it for a bit.
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #13  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
When I first started counting calories on December 28th I was hungry all the time. Sometimes I felt hungrier after I ate than before I ate. The last couple of days, though, I have barely been hungry at all. In fact, I have been forcing myself to eat.
Don't worry, enjoy the ride! Trust me, you won't stay this way for long. PMS has a tricky way of making you want to eat, especially if you are eating 200 calories worth of sugar (marshmallows) each day and hardly any protein. That sugar/carbs will eventually get the best of you. Especially if you are throwing out much of your protein and consuming around half of your calories in carbohydrates, (cereal, pineapple, wheat thins, baked potato and marshmallows).

I'd venture to say the reason you were starving prior to this couple of days of no appetite (stomach flu perhaps? It's going around in my area) was because of your carb/protein ratio.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 01-26-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #14  

My plan has me on a high carb diet based on my body chemistry.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #15  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Wow, that is interesting. How does one have their body chemistry tested? Is it a blood test? What kind of body chemistry makes one better suited for a daily dose of sugar verses, lets say, a couple hard boiled eggs or some omega 3 fatty acids? (good fats). Is it based on your hormone or liver enzyme levels? I've never heard of such a diet, sounds intriguing.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 01-26-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote