Old 01-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/214/165 WI day Monday

Height: 5'9"

Default Is it normal to be THIS afraid of going back to meetings....

Okay, so doing WW on my own isn't working. Turn out meeting actually DO help you lose more weight. Haha. So, I'm wondering if it's normal that I am so afraid to go back. I start back next week when we get paid and I'm sitting here thinking, what if I fail, what if my leader is angry with me, what if I start to cheat, what if I can't find the support I need, what if, what if, what if. I can't believe I'm actually afraid to go back to the ONE place that helped me lose weight.
Thinnerinnerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

WW is designed to be motivational not judgemental, your leader should welcome you back with open arms. As a matter of fact we had someone in or meeting come back today and our leader made sure to give them a bravo sticker for comeing back. If you experience any thing less than encourgement and support then the people running the meeting should not be there. Good Luck, keep your head held high and be proud of yourself for knowing your self well enough to realize you need the support of the meetings.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I went to one WW meeting in August. I had lost about 20 pounds at that time. I can say our leader was anything BUT motivational. Just the one encounter with WW, told me to run fast. I was so saddened by this because I had heard so many woinderful things for literally decades about the program. I was going to try a 2nd meeting but was told I would have to pay the fee to join before I could hear another speaker. Luckily, it has worked out anyway. I use some of the WW techniques--like the nonscale victory guidelines and some of their recipes. Best of all, it's free.

If you had success there before, I would head back. You aren't the only one to yo-yo. So many of us have been there.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 01-25-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #4  

I just started meetings again, and my leader is really good. Sometimes it is worthwhile to shop around until you find a meeting you like. There shouldn't be any fee. It's not like you have to give your name to just come and listen!

Ask around too...you probably know someone who goes already. Also, look on the WW online board. There are often local groups. I found someone in my area who has the same leader! I asked her advice about the leader before I rejoined. I have to say my group is not judgemental at all, and the leader has lots of tips that have helped her keep at her goal weight for 20 years.
LAParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/214/165 WI day Monday

Height: 5'9"

I have a unique situation in that i have to change meeting days each month to correspond with my husband's work schedule. So, if I dislike a leader I'll only have to see her four time. Haha. I loved my last leader and she was so much fun, but it will be all up to my husband's days off.
Thinnerinnerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270.4/248/150

Height: 5'8"

The only person you need to worry about impressing is yourself.. You are in this for YOU, not for your leader.
And if you don't like the leader you can always just weigh in...that seemed to help keep me accountable, going to weigh in instead of doing it at home.
pick7499 is offline   Reply With Quote