Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #1  

Default diet pills

Did anybody have any luck with diet pill?. Just ordered today APIDEXIN. I know it could be another scam but I am reaching dispair levels. Put another stone on and really I don't know why. HONEST!!!
imula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #2  
it's always something

If they really worked, we wouldn't need this website

I checked the ingredients for apidexin and there's nothing in there that's been proven to really help with fat loss. The ingredients are commonly found in many OTC diet pills, none of which work. The product contains stimulants, which are not recommended. It's expensive, too.

Given the recent discovery by the FDA of dangerous prescription medications showing up in a large number of OTC diet pills, this is probably a bad time to experiment with unknown supplements. Just about anything can be considered potentially dangerous these days Apidexin has never been approved by the FDA and the claims are unproven.

If you feel that you might have a problem with appetite and need help in that area, your doctor can prescribe something FDA approved and monitor you for reactions and progress.

Their claim of losing 4-7 pounds per week effortlessly is kind of scary! No legitimate product can make that claim. To lose one pound of fat, you must burn 3500 calories than you consume. You'll probably initially lose a lot of water weight and other body waste, and that might get you excited, but it isn't fat loss and it comes back.

Products like this are (currently) legally allowed to make these claims without proof, so you really can't believe anything they say. The laws are in the process of being changed so that supplement makers will have to prove anything they claim. Until then, it's buyer beware.

And as said before, if these products really worked, we wouldn't need this website. They would be recommended by our own doctors, universities, hospitals, and it would be on CNN.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #3  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I totally agree with Suzanne on her thought and

I used diet pills 1 time~Metabolife 356 (several years ago) And they are now off the shelves(or was taken off back then) and a new metabolife is out there. I gained back all weight lost within about 2 months of stopping it. I was broke and Miserable then I found Calorie counting It's free and helps you to learn how to eat healthy. Maybe look into it.

Last edited by Lori259; 01-25-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #4  

Default Diet Pills, Weight Gain & Thyroid Problems

Thank you. I couln't agree more and yet I had one of those stupid and desperate moments and I ordered the pills. I was on Reductil(prescribed) for a while and it didn't do much other than make me very thirsty and agitated.Had less appetite but I found the pills unbearabe. Still I stupidly ordered them. I was really eating less, absolutely no alcohol or sweets + exercising and still put on a stone during the last 3 weeks. I normally know why I put on weight but this time it beats me.

Maybe I need to have my thyroid checked.Any thoughts on that?
imula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would definitely consult with your doctor. Are you counting calories to know how many calories you are eating?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by imula View Post
Thank you. I couln't agree more and yet I had one of those stupid and desperate moments and I ordered the pills. I was on Reductil(prescribed) for a while and it didn't do much other than make me very thirsty and agitated.Had less appetite but I found the pills unbearabe. Still I stupidly ordered them. I was really eating less, absolutely no alcohol or sweets + exercising and still put on a stone during the last 3 weeks. I normally know why I put on weight but this time it beats me.

Maybe I need to have my thyroid checked.Any thoughts on that?
If you're honestly on a reduced calorie diet (say less than 1,500 a day or less) and exercising regularly and you've still put on a stone in 3 weeks then its definately time to see the doctor. You might have a thyroid problem or a metabolic problem if you've taken extreme measures in the past to lose weight.

The other precription pill available is Xenical. Like anything else its not a magic bullet and has to be taken in combination with a low fat diet. I'm not saying its right for you but going to the doctor and talking it over with him/her has to be more sensible than taking some unproven tablet that has little evidence that it works. The only pounds you're guarenteed to lose are those in your wallet!

Kitty

Last edited by KforKitty; 01-26-2009 at 10:37 AM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #7  

Don't feel bad over ordering pills. The fact is, we all know someone who has lost weight using diet pills and others who don't get any results at all on them. I think part of it is that if you BELIEVE they will work for you, they will ! Because you will expect them to work and probably do other things that will help with weight loss, like making better food choices.
Scarlet Fever is offline   Reply With Quote