Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 AM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default birth control and weight loss

I've been taking the same birth control for over a year now. Last week I forgot to take my pill on Wednesday, then Thursday I started bleeding. I took two pills that day to make up for it and have been taking the rest everyday since then. I've forgotten one day before and never bled from it. I should mention it was the middle of week 2. After a few days of bleeding I called my doctor and scheduled an appointment. She did some tests and said everything was fine. She told me that instead of taking an off week at the end of week 3 to just start my next pack. I should also mention that I am not on a tri phased birth control, the amount of hormones is the same for three weeks til my off week. She said she thought I may be more sensitive to the hormones because of my weight loss. And that my bleeding should stop in a couple days. That was a week ago.

So I've been bleeding for a week and a half, even though I've been taking my pills everyday. I'm thinking I need to call my doc on Monday to see if she has anymore advice.

Also, when I first started taking BC I was on a tri-phasal schedule. But after the first week I started bleeding and it didn't stop for 3 weeks. The doctor's think I need more hormones, so the less amounts of hormones in weeks 2 and 3 weren't enough for me. Thats why I now take the same amount for 3 weeks. I wonder if I've become used to this amount and now need more?

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Or have any ideas?
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #2  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I know it can be frustrating to bleed when it's not your TOM, but sometimes hormones can make your body do wacky things. I've definitely had some strange things happen when I've mixed up my BC schedule a little.

Kudos for getting to your doctor with your questions - it sounds like she's really thorough, by giving you tests and giving you the next course of action. For now, I would listen to your doctor's advice.

Good luck!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

That happened to me once when I was on BC pills... missed one pill and bled for 2 weeks. I don't have any advice, just sympathy.

I have to admit, it was one of the things that motivated me to look into BC methods that I didn't have to worry about every single day!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote