Old 01-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/185/165 Short Term 180

Height: 5'3

Default Stopping Program

Hi,
I was just wondering if I started the program on Jan 14th how can I go about getting my program cancelled I paid 199.00 for a 17 week plan to lose 50pounds. What do I need to do before I call the MRC here in Palatka FL.

Thanks
vicderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #2  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

I guess you need to get out your contract and have a read over it before you call them.
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Why do you want to cancel?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #4  

These pills are driving me crazy. I keep throwing up. I am doing everything there is to keep from doing it.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #5  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

But you don't need to take any supplements, do you? I know people have done it by just following the diet. However, I'm the first to agree that it's not the program for everyone.
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #6  

I had to purchase:
phentratrim 1pill 3x a day
flaxseed 2pill s 3x a day
mrc6 2pills 3x a day
1 mulit vit. 3x a day
Which is 18 pills a day! The office said I have to take them. And I had to purchase them as well. I told them about the throwing up and they said it was just my body getting rid of toxin and trying to get adjusted to them.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicderic View Post
I had to purchase:
mrc6 2pills 3x a day
1 mulit vit. 3x a day
Which is 18 pills a day! The office said I have to take them. And I had to purchase them as well. I told them about the throwing up and they said it was just my body getting rid of toxin and trying to get adjusted to them.
I am reasonably sure that the flax and the muli are the only required pills AND you CAN buy them elsewhere.
WorkingARMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #8  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
I had to purchase:
mrc6 2pills 3x a day
1 mulit vit. 3x a day
You don't have to take all of that stuff. I just take the multi vitamin and flax. I also agree that it isn't the program for everyone, but you DO NOT have to take all that stuff.
dla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #9  
it's always something

Quote:
I told them about the throwing up and they said it was just my body getting rid of toxin and trying to get adjusted to them.
That statement scares the daylights out of me! It's highly inaccurate and medically negligent on their part to make such a statement.

I would strongly suggest that you see your regular physician as soon as possible and bring every bottle with you so s/he can review the ingredients and find out what's really happening.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #10  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I had to purchase:
mrc6 2pills 3x a day
1 mulit vit. 3x a day
You do NOT have to take any of those aside from the flax & a good multivitamin. Ask them where it says you "must" take the others. Try taking just the flax and the multi today - and take them AFTER you eat (vitamins make me nauseated on an empty stomach - I take all my pills after I eat, and I take more than 18 a day - most are extras like calcium, MSM, B-6, etc). If you can handle just those two, you can stay on program.

Now if you don't like the program itself, that's another issue. It's certainly not right for everyone. I'm not sure you can cancel & get a refund once you get past 3 days past the day you sign up unless you get a dr's notice that you can't follow it for whatever reason. (That's from taking a quick look at my own contract.) But if you can't take some of the pills, just don't take them. They aren't required aside from the flax & a multi - and you don't have to buy theirs. It's one thing to give them a shot to see if you like them and/or if they help, but no reason to keep taking something that makes you ill.

Last edited by Meemo; 01-22-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #11  

OK...I really didn't understand why they kept saying " I need this and I need that". I purchased over 300.00 worth of stuff. That's not including all the HNS. And I was told to drink one at every meal. (crazy)...

Last edited by vicderic; 01-22-2009 at 02:30 PM. Reason: missed word
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #12  

I feel so bad because they mad me think I need all of these supplements to lose weight. Esp, when I explained to them days later ( I FELT LIKE MY STOMACH WAS ABOUT TO GIVE WAY) due to so many pills. I will for sure make an appt. with my dr. and let him know what is going on.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/205/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I had to purchase:
mrc6 2pills 3x a day
1 mulit vit. 3x a day
Hey,
The flax seed pills make me sick also. This is something that I have known for over 20 years. I can tolerate (ie - not up-chuck) if I take them just before I go to bed, and then only 2. You can try to cut those out (or down) and see what happens.

I also saw another post where you were getting headaches from the phentratrim. Are you still taking those?

Can you do olive oil on your salads? That can replace the flax seed.

Also, I am in Jacksonville, and according to my contract I only need to buy the HNS from them.

My multi came from Sams for about 13.00, and I only need to take one a day! That being said, I am still taking 14 pills a day.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Jeanne in Jax

Last edited by Jeanne in Jax; 01-22-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Jeanne in Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:06 AM   #14  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
OK...I really didn't understand why they kept saying " I need this and I need that". I purchased over 300.00 worth of stuff. That's not including all the HNS. And I was told to drink one at every meal. (crazy)...
Bottom line - they're trying to sell you the stuff to make money They absolutely want you to lose weight, but they're also in the business to make a profit. It's a great program for people who need accountability & structure to lose weight, and I'm a big believer in it for myself. But bottom line, it's a business and I know they want to sell me as many of the supplements as they can as well. I just tell them nope, I'm good for now.

If you find that you can't take some or all of the pills, put them on ebay. I used to have an automatic search set up for MRC stuff & everything always seemed to end up going for more than what you'd pay for them at the center. Or if you have a friend doing MRC, maybe they can use them.

The number of HNS they'll tell you to have daily depends in part on your weight. Two was minimum for me since I was under 200 lbs. I could have up to four. An extra one does seem to help keep me a little more balanced, though (not as hungry) and I try to keep that fourth one in my "back pocket" for plateau time to help me over the hump.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I had to purchase:
mrc6 2pills 3x a day
1 mulit vit. 3x a day
I've been on program since Sept. and all I take is flaxseed oil and a multi vitamin a day. I recently started to try the MRC6 but don't know if I'll continue since I really haven't seen much of a difference in how I'm losing. You are definitely not required to take all those pills! I'm very thankful that my center is not high pressure. I buy my flaxseed & multi at Walmart. Hope you can get everything worked out with your center. If not, you could always be a call-in client at our center
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote