Old 01-21-2009, 05:32 AM   #1  

Thumbs up The *new* challenge (please read!!!)

1.20.09 All of you who are still in this!

Here's how we're gonna work things!

Since the chart & activity list thing is confusing, and take time we're just gonna nix that. No more charts!

If you haven't already, please post in the Roll Call thread if you're still IN the challenge! Thursday night I will be combining the teams a little bit (since we've lost so many people). Team leaders will stay the same!

Team members:
- Delete your charts.
- Each week I will post an activity (In the activity post), it will be worth 5 points, and its your challenge to do the activity as many times as you can throughout the week. By doing so earning points for your team & hopefully giving you some motivation to be active & exercise each day! This is just for fun!
- This challenge will be solely based on how much weight each team can lose, and how many points they can earn!
- Each week you will have from Sunday to Tuesday to weigh in, in your team's weigh in thread! At that time you can say how many times you did the activity.

Team leaders:
- Keep your members motivated!
- Once everyone on your team has weighed in, PM me with 1.) How much each member has lost during the week & 2.) How many points each member has earned (If one person did the activity twice, then they earned 10 points, etc....)

Any questions? PM me or reply to this post!

Thank you!

PS: Any additions to this post will be posted right here in this first post, in a different color, so check it periodically to keep up to date.

1.21.09 The activity & points thing is simply for fun. Its not a requirement for being in the challenge. The challenge is all about weight loss! If you can't or simply don't want to do the activity, you don't have to. The activity & points are just for fun, and a way to challenge people, and hopefully keep people motivated! Not a requirement. There will be two "winning teams" one for points, and one for amount of weight lost (presuming they aren't the same team, lol). But the way I see it, everyone who even involved with this challenge is a winner in my eyes no matter how many points they earn or how much weight they lose!!

PPS: I'm came down with the flu I already called in sick for work. So I may not be on later.... I'll check in tonight sometime though, so I can answer anyone's questions.

1.21.09 I think we'll just continue on. Making these few changes I hoped wouldn't confuse people. Everyone who has been active will stay on their original team. There is one particular team that has only a few active members, so those members will be moved to another team & thats really the only team change. Team leaders will stay the same. All the treads will stay the same. The only other changes are the fact that we won't do the charts, and the daily activity will only be a weekly activity, and of course its only for fun, not required like it was before..

The end date stays the same, we'll be ending on Febuary 23rd.

From the feedback I've got from everyone, I have some good ideas for what the next challenge will be like. I post sign up in mid-feburary, towards the end of this challenge. It will be different than this one, in the aspect of being simple & easy for everyone to follow along, and not so many posts for everyone to keep up on. I know this one has kind of been a cluster, and caused alot of confusion, and I believe thats why we lost so many people who originally signed up. Next one will be different, & easy!

Last edited by lalique; 01-21-2009 at 09:21 PM.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:53 AM   #2  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

okay i may be sailing close to the wind here, but its the whole activity points thing i hate about this challenge.

its not what the biggest loser is meant to be about.

i cant ALWAYS do the activities listed, heck sometimes i dont get time to do a half hour, only 15 minutes. i am BUSY. i still lose weight, im still active, but not necessarily in the ways expected in this challenge, so i guess what im saying is YES i want to be in. BUT i dont want all this pressure and confusuing stuff. i am completely lost right now ive weighed in and lost weight but now i dont even think i can post it here?!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

So, one team will win the percentage of weightloss and one team will win for having the most points?

I'm guessing if you can't do the activity you don't have to, right?
SO, if you don't want to worry about points and activities, you can just weigh-in between Sunday and Tuesday, right?

Sounds simple enough to me.
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #4  

PrettyPaula - The activity & points thing is simply for fun. Its not a requirement for being in the challenge. The challenge is all about weight loss, but what do they do on the TBL? Challenge those who are in it with exercise right? - Like I said its purely a for fun to do the points thing. Losing weight is all why we are here in the first place.

Heather88 - Yep! If you can't or simply don't want to do the activity, you don't have to. The activity & points are just for fun, and a way to challenge people, and hopefully keep people motivated! Not a requirement. & Yeah, there will be two "winning teams" one for points, and one for amount of weight lost (presuming they aren't the same team, lol). But the way I see it, everyone who even involved with this challenge is a winner in my eyes no matter how many points they earn or how much weight they lose!!

I've edited the top post with this information, so everyone else is clear on this..

Last edited by lalique; 01-21-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #5  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

okay. i still dont understand why it has to be more complicated than it needs to be. but whatever.

im in, but only the weightloss thing, i cant keep up with the rest.
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Thank you for doing this! Are we starting over then this monday... are we going to start counting the weight loss beginning then or what? And how long is this challenge running?
since we had so many drop-outs and changing teams, I guess we do have to start over? That seems to make sense.
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

I guess we are continuing it (just read some other threads) but I am anxious to know when this is over?
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #8  

I think we'll just continue on. Making these few changes I hoped wouldn't confuse people. Everyone who has been active will stay on their original team. There is one particular team that has only a few active members, so those members will be moved to another team & thats really the only team change. Team leaders will stay the same. All the treads will stay the same. The only other changes are the fact that we won't do the charts, and the daily activity will only be a weekly activity, and of course its only for fun, not required like it was before..

The end date stays the same, we'll be ending on Febuary 23rd.