Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 07:42 PM   #1  
Running Babe

Welcome to WW 20something Thread!

Morning All,

I finished my reading on Chartism fun fun fun. I am stuck here this weekend since I have sooo much studying to do... Only one more week of classes until my Spring Break (technically called 'reading week'). I'm going back to Montreal, but not to anywhere hot

Happy posting, I'll be back later

Ali

------------------
243.4/170.4/155 (15.4lbs left WooHoo!!)
Old 02-16-2001, 07:56 PM   #2  

I posted at the same time as Ali....

I am so glad that it is Friday!!! I went to WI last night for the first time in 2 weeks and it was bad but I am glad I went. I gained 4.2 pounds over those 2 weeks.

I tried to go to the gym as I always do but once I got there I found that I forgot to pack socks and a T-shirt. I went home and talked to DH for a while (not a good talk, he doesn't think he is going to do his Master's paper and it's due in August). I did finally go to the gym and do a quick workout befoire WI. I weighed in with my fav receptionist and told him wheat was going on and why I was having trouble and he didn't make me pay for this week or my missed week! He also gave me a book on Brekaing through plateaus. He was so great that it motivated me to stay for the meeting. I felt better after that. I may have even stayed within my points yesterday

Well the long weekend begins today after work and I am going back to Louisiana to visit family and help my dad with his house and going through my grandmothers things. I have so much troublw with food when I am there. I think my goal for this trip is just not to go wild. If I make smarter decisions rather than ignoring the obvious, I think I will do better.

Sorry to write a book but this is the best I have felt about WW in days. I have 15 pounds to lose and I really want to do it!

CM - Congrats on the great loss!!

Emily - At least DH though of you. We just do cards for V day.

Belle - I think that "friend" sounds like a total but-thead! I would totally ignore what he said and tell him off too (maybe not the best thing to do though). about your b/f, I think he was trying really hard with the spa brochure. I think what he meant to do was the same as giving you a gift certifiacte to the spa and letting you pick our the service that you want. I hope you will enjoy it. I love getting spa gift certificates, I ask for them every year.

Trish - Sorry you didn't get anything for Vday. We only do cards though it would be nice to have a little something extra ( even tiny) just for the thought.

Sorry I didn't respond to everyone since I can't see yesterday's post. Hi to Shaylene, Stacey, Brenda, Julie, Kim, Lolly, Kirsty, Kirsten and everyone else! Talk to you later.

Sarah
194.4/168.6/153WW
Old 02-16-2001, 08:33 PM   #3  

Happy Friday everyone!!!

First of all, Belle, everyone is right, the friend is a *&($&, men can be so insensitive! You know in your heart how you and your boyfriend feel about one another, and how you felt about the "ex", blow it off and be self confident! You are awesome, physically and mentally! You can tell him this phrase if it will make you feel better: "I may be fat, but your ugly....and I can lose the weight...." (Hee, Hee )

Ali ~ Have fun on Spring Break, no matter where you spend your break, it will be nice just to be away from school! Enjoy!

Sarah ~ I am glad you went to WI, 4.2 is very manageable to get off, stay OP and it will be off next WI, when you are in LA, try to plan your eating as best you can. My thoughts are with you helping your Dad. It can be a walk down memory lane when cleaning out a relative's house, we did the same when my Grandpa died, some tears and laughs.

Trish ~ For what it is worth, my DH is so not romantic, we never exchange gifts for V-day, he always tells me he doesn't "think" about getting something for a holiday, etc. I truely know that men and women think differently. I can't remember who said it, but you have to love your DH as a whole, he is probably a great husband, provider, friend...I guess we have to overlook the special gifts. I have a BF who is flowered with gifts for special occasions, but her DH is cheating on her on the side, I guess the questions is...which do ya want?? My answer...I can live without the gifts on V-day! LOL!! Also, this may not be the place to say it, but I saw your post on your miscarriage, and lump removal. To some extent I understand your "brokenness". I haven't had any lumps removed, but I did lose our 2nd baby at 22 weeks pregnant due to hemmoraging. The only thing I can say is, I am sorry and the only thing that helps is time. Also, take some "you time" too, and your not "broken", nature works in weird ways. Concentrate on all the good things in your life!

Sorry I didn't post to everyone, so I am sending out this big "Hi!!!!!!"

Check in later!

------------------
Tonya
170/134/140(WW)/132(personal)

[This message has been edited by TonyaLyn (edited 02-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by TonyaLyn (edited 02-16-2001).]
Old 02-16-2001, 09:05 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hey girls! Thanks for all your kind words...I guess you are right. that guy isn't a friend. He is married to a girl that works with my b/f, and we don't like her, she is a gossiper/hen type.

WEll last night was better, we went shopping at Ikea and went to starbucks for coffee, where I fell asleep and he took me home and made me go to sleep....I was so sleep deprived I didn't realize it.

We are going away tothe mountains tomorrow, so maybe that will help us to get back whatever we lost over Valentine's Day. I feel so bad about that now. And stupid...

But thanks for all your support through these not so great times.

I don't think I'll be able towrite too much until after the 23rd when I get my own office - with a door!!

Whose birthday's are coming up? I know there were lots of February Babies - including me....

Yikes.

Belle
Old 02-16-2001, 09:22 PM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone. I thought I'd check in today.
I go to my appointment in 30 minutes.
I'm not worried about the actual pulling, but I am worried about the recovery. I hope he gives me enough pain pills. At least I won't be eating too much. Maybe I'll have a loss at WI next week. hehe
I can't post to everyone. I have to get ready. Here's to a wonderful on points, high self-esteem, no boyfriend friend's who are jerks weekend. I'm thinking about everyone!

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160

[This message has been edited by StaceyT (edited 02-16-2001).]
Old 02-16-2001, 10:39 PM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello people! Are we just ladies again now? what happened to Jason and Conrad? Belle - do you ever hear from Jason any more? If you do, tell him we said hi. Maybe we scared them off with all our period and toilet talk ...

So ... Feb 14th is over for another year. It's one of those holidays that really stinks when it goes pear-shaped, I know, but I think Tonya's right about looking at the whole picture when it comes to blokeys and DHs. Those evil card companies just want our money and they play on our insecurities and make us want and expect things and then those things just get in the way of seeing what we really have. Maybe I'm miserable, but these Hallmark holidays (I love that expression! never heard it before ) really get to me ... there are so many now, not just Mothers and Fathers Day, but Grandparents and all the rest. It's too easy just to buy a card and never tell people in our own words and because we really feel it, just what they mean to us.

Ok, rant over!

Belle, honey, you sound so down at the moment. Have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cyberhug and lots of good vibes. I hope your weekend in the mountains is fabby - I would love to live close enough to just head to the mountains. The closest thing we have here is a hill with a radio mast on! And I know what you mean about being shy with new people, I'm the same. It's so weird, people who've known me for a long time think I'm gabby, people who don't really know me think I'm quiet (or stuck up?). Can't win sometimes. Just know that we all think you're the BEST

Ali, do you realise that in English money you are just a stone away from goal? That's incredible! And let us know if you find a 5k to run. I'm aiming for one in June, I should be able to run the whole thing by then. I went again this morning, did 3mins run/ 1min walk, six times. It felt GOOD and I ran all around through Christ Church Meadow, along by the Thames (in case anyone knows Oxford!). It's so beautiful, especially early in the morning with the mist rising off the river and the cows mooing in the meadow. It's really easy to forget there's a big city just over the way. I hope I can keep this up ...

Sarah - yay! you for going to WI and the gym. I hope this weekend isn't too hard, just relax and let the good memories chase the bad ones out. And like Tonya says, if you can plan stuff foodwise, do it. If not, don't beat yourself up.

Stacey - good painkilling vibes coming your way! Eek, hope you're stocked up with liquid refreshment and yogurt nad stuff. Let us know how it goes ...

Anyway, I've just spent a fortune at the Body Shop (sounds like they should sell new bodies!) - foot stuff, hair stuff, and massage oil to give blokey a treat when he comes home from work tonight. EVIL GRIN (a la Brenda!). It was his first day back after being sick all week so he will be tired, poor baby. So ... time to go and prepare (I have moisturising socks! really!).

Take care, and hellooooooooooooo to everyone else!

love
Lolly
xxx

------------------
257SW- 214CW - 207 (2nd 10%)
Old 02-16-2001, 10:52 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Well, I watched Survivor last night. And suddenly, I remembered why I didn't like the show last season. Now I'm not a vegetarian by any means, but I was horrified at the way those poor animals were treated, especially the pig. And sure, having chickens as a prize wasn't a bad idea, but who was the sick puppy that decided to put NAMETAGS on all of them? I felt like Kimmi did last night, and I don't think I'll be watching the show again. Survival of the fittest DOES NOT apply to TV, in my opinion. And I bet that pig was planted, anyway. No offense to Survivor fans, I hope!

I'm really in the mood for fattening food today. It's going to be a challenge. I don't know what it is, but today especially I'm craving bad things. Last night I think I successfully worked a steak and cheese sub into my points, and got on my air-walker machine for 30 minutes. So yesterday was OK. But my fear is I'm going to go nuts and gain some next WI! I can't let that happen!

Sarah: Good luck this weekend! And it sounds like you have a really caring receptionist at your WW meeting.

Stacey: Good luck to you! But don't be so eager to get those pain pills. Years ago, when I had my wisdom teeth out (all four at once, and they were impacted), the pain meds I was given made me sick. On top of that, I threw up from the anesthesia and couldn't eat anything, not even mashed potatoes. Liquids wouldn't even stay down! And my cheeks were swollen for at least a week. I was absolutely miserable. I didn't want to say anything about all that until after you had your surgery, though — I didn't want to cause any extra worrying! Wisdom teeth surgery is always one of those you can laugh about ... much later!

Well, if I want to get out of work at a decent time today I better getting cracking on my story. I still have some interviewing to do for it, and I'm having an unmotivated day. I think the three days of gray skies and drizzle have had something to do with that!

Happy Friday, everyone!

------------------
Kim
206.8/184.4/130
Florida goal (March 23): 172
"The (wo)man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." -- Chinese Proverb
Old 02-16-2001, 10:53 PM   #8  
Go Avalanche!!

Plan? What’s plan? *sigh* Not doing well at all. I went and got McDonald’s yesterday. Why I allowed myself to do that I have no idea. Then I picked up Girl Scout cookies and well, let’s not go there OK? I’m feeling absolutely no motivation. I meant to walk Nestle last night but didn’t. It absolutely killed me to leave the house this morning. He’s playing up the sympathy trip really well. I want to be home cuddled up with him and DH sleeping. Boy am I whiny or what? Sorry…..I don’t know how I’m going to make it through the weekend and stay OP.

Kim: A friend of mine got me to try sushi and now I love it. California rolls are wonderful and so are a lot of the other ones I’ve tried. I’m not as brave as you are and haven’t tried anything raw and I don’t know that I will. Ummm…now I’m craving it! Pass over some of your motivation will you? I feel like all of sudden mine is gone again.

Ali: Isn’t is amazing how working to lose weight influences your whole life? I think it’s priceless!

Kay: Make any progress with those low point Margarita’s??

Sarah: I’m so glad you WI made you feel better! I know you can do it this weekend and you are right, just make good decisions. My thoughts are with you for the weekend!

Belle: I agree with everyone else that this guy needs to be drug out in the street and beaten!!!!

Sorry I didn’t reply to everyone. I need to get myself out of this duldrum state I’m in. Maybe part of it is the foggy weather today. I don’t know how anyone who lives in Washington State can have any kind of happy, positive attitude. My thoughts right now? There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home.

Hey, wasn’t anyone excited by my Bon Jovi news???

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 02-17-2001, 12:02 AM   #9  
Parrothead

Hello everyone! I agree with everyone that I'm glad its Friday! I'm not a big fan of Survivor because it doesn't really entertain me to watch people bicker and eat bugs. Just my 2 cents. It was also mre interesting the first time around, because the first cast had to create strategy on their own and this cast can just copy the last cast. It was OK the first time around, not so much now. Besides, I will NEVER give up Friends! That show hits too close to home with my circle of friends (except that none of the girls are size -10). I can picture our "group" sitting around doing the same sorts of sillies. We've got a circle of about 10 or so that have been friends since HS. Love them all!

As far as the low point ritas go, I haven't had a chance to make it to the store to get supplies. I'm going to try tonight.

I have to get going soon I wish I had more time to chat. I'll check back later!

Stacey ~ Good luck with the wisdom teeth. I had 4 out (2 impacted) and it turned out fine. The meds made me really giddy so all my friends made lots of fun. I was back to normal in only a few days. I ate lots of yogurt and smoothies. Also, Mashed potatos from KFC were great also.

Sarah ~ Have a safe trip to LA. I'm sure if you have an eating plan in your head you'll do fine. I did that this past Christmas when we went to New Orleans. The only splurges I allowed myself we're onion rings from Camilia Grill and a Hurricane from Pat O's. I also walked to console myself since that was the first Christmas away from my family (DH family is there). You and your family are in my prayers.

Chat with the rest of you lovies later!
Kay

------------------
kay
164/144.2 /135
Old 02-17-2001, 12:34 AM   #10  

Hello strangers. Sorry I have been so absent, but I have been busy.

I'm doing so so on the WW thing. Weighed in on Tues am, lost .2. I'll take anything in the downwards direction. It was a big loss the week before, so I knew that my body would slow down.

I haven't had the chance to read all this weeks posts. However I will catch up on the weekend so I know what is going on in everyone's lives.

V-day was very good to me. Chris and I had talked a few weeks ago, and decided not to do gifts, as the money could be spent better (ie bills ). But, the bugger went out and got me diamond earings It is a b-day / v-day gift, but sooooo not what I expected. I bought him underwear!! Regardless, I love the gift, and ever more I love the guy.

It's snowing here again in Vancouver. Takaya will love that. It's my mom's b-day today, so we are going out for a Keg dinner. My favorite!! On nights like tonight, I forget (and so will she) that WW is a part of our lives.

Wish I had more time to chat. We have a big promotion at work starting next week, and there is a ton of stuff that we need to prepare for. Hope everyone has a good day. And I promise to be more in touch.

Kirste

[This message has been edited by getting smaller (edited 02-16-2001).]
Old 02-17-2001, 01:33 AM   #11  
Crime Fighter

Happy Friday!!!

Kim I L-O-V-E sushi. I agree that california rolls and veggie stuff is fab, but I also really dig the "raw" stuff as well. Someone mentioned the eel and egg combo -- stay away from that one! It's kinda oily and not very yum. BUT, be adventuresome and try some tuna or salmon -- neither is offensive or fish-y tasting. If you're just warming up, try the crab, octopus or shrimp on rice -- they're all cooked. Soon you'll be hooked!!!

Belle I don't believe we've had the pleasure yet. I'm new to posting, but I've been lurking since forever. I am a fellow Canadian who has been to Banff and Calgary, and I love those mountains.
Your V-day post made me sad. You know, sometimes unenlightened people see a woman who is becoming more confident, serene and beautiful and are threatened by it, for whatever reason. So they decide to "take her down a notch". I think maybe that's what happened here. I know from the voluminous responses to your post that everyone's in agreement that this guy's a dink. Now it's time for you to know that his remarks reveal more about his character than they do about yours.
As for the nada mucho on V day with BF, I don't know what to tell ya. I guess you weigh how important that is vs. how important the rest of the good stuff is with him, and act accordingly.

Brenda you sound so down! My philosophy is that "in life, there is McDonald's" (that's me... always with the mottos). You know, there have been nights when I've stopped counting at 40 points (in fact, I will most likely be over points at least once this weekend). There is no question that I feel down when this happens, but I try not to beat myself up. The difference is that I know that while I may overindulge occasionally, for the most part I'm pretty darn good. Further and most importantly, I am committed to this lifestyle. I KNOW I'll get back on track, because I KNOW that I won't ever let myself get in the position of having to lose 69 lbs. again. I'm sure you feel the same way. Don't give up, you're a star!!!

WOW! Long post!

L.

------------------
229/160/165(WW)

[This message has been edited by Lolabooey (edited 02-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lolabooey (edited 02-16-2001).]
Old 02-17-2001, 01:48 AM   #12  

Hi everyone. The one day I have enough time to check in, the board isn't as busy as usual. I hope veryone has been having a good day. I am leaving in 15 minutes and am so excited to get out of here. I have eaten way too many pretzels today but at least that is the worst so far.

Have a great weekend everyone. I hope those of you that have Monday off will enjoy it. See you tuesday as long as I don't get called for jury duty again!

Sarah
194.4/168.6/153WW
Old 02-17-2001, 02:24 AM   #13  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Been a very busy day today. But I am SO GLAD that it is Friday. I was right on track yesterday, did not go over points, but I did have to get in bed at 8:30 to avoid late night eating. Today it is only 2:20 and I only have 2pts left. it looks like beets for dinner tonight. Oh well, I have made my choices.

Belle: I second and so on. That guy is really revealing more about his own insecurities than anything about you. You are a star and I bet that is a threat to him and his wife. anyway, I hope you and bf have a great weekend. It sound slike so much fun.

Tonya: thank you for the words. and you are very right, hubby is wonderful. Good and bad like us all, he is the one I love...and I know I can trust him with my life. I think I need to appologise to him. I have been very difficult to live with these last few weeks I think. Way too many emotions going on and I am afraid I took a lot of my hurt and frustration out on him. Poor guy. Also, I am sorry to hear about your miscaridge, but thank you for sharing. Others stories really do help.

Brenda: don't beat yourself up. You and I , we have been doing this so long. we know that there will be peaks and vallies...but as we say, giving up is not an option. You will get your mojo back. Thinking of you this weekend as I try to stay on program. we can do it!!!

I am sorry that I don't have time to say hi to everyone personally. but hello and I will see you all on Monday.

Trish
193.2/188.6/155?
5'10"
Old 02-17-2001, 02:28 AM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Monday off? Oh, yeah, it's one of those holidays no one actually does any celebrating for, but takes off anyway! Not I! The only extra holiday we get at the newspaper besides the big ones is MLKJr Day, and I'm not quite sure why we get that one off. Virginia only gave King his own holiday (separating it from Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson) last year. Go figure. It had been Lee-Jackson-King Day — a very unlikely combo.

OK, I goofed off a little and as usual, I'm procrastinating writing a weekend story. Fridays always do that to me! Happy Weekend to everyone!

------------------
Kim
206.8/184.4/130
Florida goal (March 23): 172
"The (wo)man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." -- Chinese Proverb
Old 02-17-2001, 03:35 AM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls!

Lolly - Thanks for the kind words...INdeed, Jason still contacts me - his life is going well, dating a girl he met online, who lives really close, the ex that dumped him on New Years wants him back and everyone and their dog are offereing him jobs! He is one lucky guy...plus he is losing weight! Too much though, 19 lbs in like 2 weeks...I hope he slows down a little....I will tell him you all say hello!

I am feeling a bit better re: that guy (his name is Moe) who put me down. He must be off his rocker a bit to say those things and live with himself....maybe its my b/f he likes? hee hee heee.....

Hello to the newbies! Lola - hello, we haven't met. Kay, I think we have met....

Hi ali!! My stepmonster - er that is stepmother is going to Montreal this weekend....my sisters and I are all hoping she is snowed in and doens't come back for a few weeks ...if you run into any freaks, you will know its her...

Sarah - You got a book on Breaking plateaus? any tips? I don't know if I'll get ot WI before I leave tomorrow, but I am thikning I am niehter here nor there...so I need to do something about that! WEll, at least I am facing it....like you did. Only you have more courage than me.

Tonya - good point, he will always be ugly...and he really is, poor thing, needs a good waxing!! THat is for hair removal.... http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//insane.gif

Stacey - good luck wiht the teeth!! I am sure you'll get some good drugs....poor thing....

Lolly - I can't imagine anyone thinking you are stuck up, but I can relate....since I am always the snob when I get a little shy...I think its in the way one holds oneself too - if you carry yourself well people think you are arrogant.

Kiminey - I haven't watched survivor yet...how are things? How is your b/f?? Been doing any snooping? WEll, at least you had a great v-day... http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif Did you get my email from my new address at work? Lemme know...

Brenda - I just ate a 13pt falafel sandwich....so I am not planning well either...may the WW gods help us all.

Tonya - I am with you on Friends, still watch it...when I can!!

Hello to Trish, Kirsten, Kirsty, Heather, Annie, Emily, Stephanie, and everyone else..

I gotta run - we get monday off here as "family day" so I wanna get some work done.

Have a good weekend ladies...

Belle

[This message has been edited by Belle2000 (edited 02-16-2001).]
Closed Thread