Old 01-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Default MOWF (Married OverWeight Female) looking for buddies!:)

Hi all! Just joined this site and it looks like a lot of fun people are here! My name is Sharlene and I'm 38 years old. I have two wonderful autistic boys ages 7 and 9 who are the lights of my life. I currently have 32 lbs to lose which may not seem much to lose to some but the extra weight is hurting my health. I now have high blood pressure and heart palpitations that I'm praying will go away once I lose the weight. My hubby is in the Navy and just left for a 6 month deployment. I figured this is a great time (and incentive) to lose the weight and surprise him when he gets home. I just joined Jenny Craig and so far have lost 6 pounds in one week! I'm praying I'll be able to keep it up. Don't know very many people where I live so hoping I can find some support buddies on line!
Shar888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 328/273/170

Height: 6'2"

Hi Shar!

I'm also a MOWF, and I'm on my 3rd week of working off the South Beach Diet. I have a lot more weight to lose (I try not to think about how much) But I've lost 13 lbs so far! I'm also from Washington, so I figured I'd say hi

I also am doing this for my health, I don't have any health problems yet but I'm young (27) and I'm pretty sure it won't be that way forever. Especially since I've been carying this extra weight for 8 years But you're definitely on the right track! Good job on the 1st week though, keep it up! My biggest problem is fitting in excercise, still trying to work that one in.
Erin2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, we have somethings in common. Im married, in my 30's and our weights and height aren't that different and I am a Navy wife

I added you to my buddy list.

Last edited by willow650; 01-20-2009 at 04:40 PM.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi Erin! Congrats on losing 13 lbs. so far. Great job! What part of Washington are you at? I live in the Kitsap area, (Silverdale). Thanks for the welcome and looking forward to chatting with you more! Keep up the great work!

Hi Willow! It's great to meet a fellow Navy wife. Thanks for adding me to your buddy list. I need to figure out how to do that myself. Are you on any particular diet and how much do you need to lose?
Shar888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

My first goal is get to about 160. I am just kinda counting calories keep it about 1500. Eating more fruits and veggies, switched things like white rice to brown rice, white bread to whole grain, not that I eat that much of either. White pasta to whole grain pasta. I try to limit pasta to about 1 time a week, it use to be several times a week. Stopped going out to eat, went from weekly to maybe once a month. I have refused to 'diet' anymore. I just make the healthiest choice I can one decision at a time. If there is a situation that I cant make a healthy choice, I don't sweat it. It wasn't the occasional unhealthy meal that made me fat, it was a whole bunch of them all the time. Like Monday my DH and I had a motorcycle ride with several people from our church, the plan was to meet at Denny's for breakfast. I could have ordered a veggie omelet but instead I got my all time fav, Moons Over My Hammy(about 1200cals). It had been about a year since I had eaten at a Denny's and it had been weeks since I had eaten out so I enjoyed it. We rode through lunch, and at dinner I still wasn't hungry but I ate about 200cals or so in cereal and pudding. The funny part, I dropped another pound on the scale the AM...lol
I have tried so many 'diet' plans and I always fail. BUT Not this time. I cant tell myself that I cant eat something because the little voice in my head says "yes you can, watch this"...lol my husband laughs at me and says "so noone can tell you what to do, not even you?" I am too rebellious for my own good. Oh and I have started baking frying using whole wheat flour. its better that the white stuff. OK, Have I rambled enough....lol
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Welcome Shar. You have come to a good place with support and answers available!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 328/273/170

Height: 6'2"

I know exactly what you mean Willow, you can't be on a "diet" because those are temporary. I just have to change my whole mindset on food. Food is not there to make me feel better, or as a reward or anything like that. Its there to give my body nutrition and energy and I need to make my food choices based on that.

But Shar, I'm from down south in the Kent area. Lived in this great state all my life and wouldn't want to be anywhere else
Erin2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/283.6/180

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Sharlene. Congratulations on your 6 pounds. That's awesome. I'm sure your husband will be surprised to see the new you. Your doing it for yourself, but it is a nice motivator.

Erin. WOOT!!! on your 13 pounds. That's AWESOME!!! Keep it Up!!!

Peace,
Frank
Masstacular is offline   Reply With Quote