Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Jenny Craig-Is 1700 Calories too low for Me?

I had a counseling session today with Jenny Craig. I'm 303. They want me to go on the 1700 calorie plan. I'm afraid this is too low and I won't be able to stick to it based on what I have been eating.

I feel like if it's too low, I won't stick to it.

Anyone have any personal experience with this?

How's the food?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 AM   #2  

The food is fabulous...or it was when I went back in 2002. I weigh around 360...and they had me on 2000 plus a sandwich..so I am thinking 1700 is right for you.

I am thinking of giving it ago again..as I can't seem to get off of this huge STUCK point I am on. I think that JC is an excellent program...I can't say enough about it. I did lose 47 pounds in about seven months..but went on to gain it all back plus more, as I just went crazy with my eating after I went on a vacation to Hawaii. I think I would be great at it this time..as I have so much more control over what I eat.

JC offers STRUCTURE...as this is key for alot of folks.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #3  
=D

I don't think 1700 is too low at all.

With all due respect - if you have the weight to lose (you're starting at 303) then it's very safe to be at such a high number.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #4  

Actually at your weight, I would think that's a safe number all things considered. Only your doctor can be completely sure of course, but many doctors put people who are severely overweight on Medifast which is only 800 calories per day! Now THAT number would scare me (not 1700). I could not lose weight at 1700 calories per day, but my weight is completely different (that would be too many calories for me but probably perfect for you and your needs at this point). I did Jenny Craig a few times in fact and I loved the program (just got sick of the food is all but if you are new to it, it will take you a while to get there). God I loved those Chicken Fajita's sizzling in the pan as I stir fried them...mmmm. Her desserts are unreal...delicious! Loved her Pot Stickers and the French Toast was screaming!

If you get shaky and feel weak, always grab a piece of fruit or a string cheese, cup of milk...that type of thing. Be well and good luck!
PrincessDietMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

1700 calories is more than enough for you to stay full and satisfied. When I was around your weight, I ate closer to 1500, and never went hungry.

Good luck!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thank you all so much for taking the time to give me your input. I'm signing up tomorrow for the 1700 calories.

I lost 5.2 pounds this week just being good.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote