Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 07:59 PM   #1  
Running Babe

Welcome to the 20-Something WW thread, everyone is welcome.

Good Morning All, I hope that everyone had a good weekend. It is sooooo cold here this morning, but alas, the spring will be here within the next two months so that is at least something to smile about.

Anyway, food wise I've been doing very well. I just purchased a ton of Crystal Lite Has anyone tried those refridgerated jello pudding snacks (the ultra low-fat ones?). They're yummy and only 2 points!

Have a good day, I'll be back later!

Ali
Old 02-12-2001, 08:03 PM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

hello all,
hope everyone had a good weekend. i've got a really sore throat and feel run down, so i'm going to see if i can leave work early and go sleep. if i'm not back later then i got my wish and i'll chat properly tomorrow.
kirsty
Old 02-12-2001, 08:42 PM   #3  

Good morning all!

Ali ~ I know what you mean about the cold. I am so tired of winter!! I think we are in store for more snow this week! I love the LF puddings, I keep lots of them in my fridge!

Kirsty ~ Sorry your feeling under the weather! Hope you feel better soon, we will miss your posts!

Well, as for me, I had my WI on Sat., and after all of my hard work for the past two weeks eating at my low end of points and working out every day, I gained a pound...how frustrating! Anyone have any ideas? Maybe water retention? Maybe too low of points each day? I don't know. I am continuing to workout and stay OP, just hope for a better WI next Sat.

Well, work is very busy, so I better get back...I will check in later!!!

------------------
Tonya
170/134/140(WW)/132(personal)
Old 02-12-2001, 08:50 PM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, I went to weigh in on Saturday and...drum roll...I lost 4.6lb. I have never lost that much at one time before. Now I know it is a lot of water weight, but it sure felt good. If I can just keep with it this week.

Really quick note, as I have to get to work today.

Ali: it souds like you are doing great. I have not had Chrystal Light in years. I will have to try it. I have not had the jello pudding packs FF. I have heard they are good..but...it seems so small for two points. I have been afraid I would eat them all and have 12pts.

Kirsty: I hope you feel better.

Brenda: How did the weekend go? and did you win the trip? Congrats on the rest of the prize.

Sarah: I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Ok, I have to go. Check back soon.

Trish
193.2/188.6/155
Old 02-12-2001, 09:49 PM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi all... Well, Sunday was my Official Get Back on Track Day and I did awesome. I switched from the nursing program to the regular and lost 10 points a day. It was hard, but I kept myself busy. I am in the process of weaning Emma, and this may be what caused my huge gain last week. I will WI on Saturday this week and pray for a loss. I just gotta have one.. there is no way I couldn't after last week!!!

This coming Satuday hubby and I are going to leave Emma and Sadie (dog) with gramma and grampa and we are renting a hotel room and going to a hot tub spa. First time away for a night ALONE! I am soooo excited!!

Tonya... I would suggest eating at the high end of your points, especially with all the exercise you did!! Good luck!!

Trish.... YAHOOOOO to you. Bet that feels GREAT!!!! Keep it up, I know you can!

Kirsty... get well soon!!

Ali... I love the Crystal Light odd flavors like the mango one!! But I tend to drink too much at one time. Do you think the nutrasweet could cause bloating??

Well, Gotta get back to work!!

Jen

Old 02-12-2001, 10:27 PM   #6  

Hi everyone. Thank you for your sympathy. I am glad that I am going back to Shreveport (LA) this weekend to help my dad go through my grandmother's house.

Well I have been eating like a pig for more than a week. I gained 5 pounds an feel like doo-doo. My clothes don't fit and I have nothing to wear. I hate to be a downer when others are so positive and are doing well. I need help! I can't stop eating and this has gone on too long. If I gaine any more weight back, I won't be able to wear my 2 pair of pants that fit! I went to the gym twice over the weekend which was good but I still ate too much. I am trying to be better today. I did not go to WI and am not sure yet if I want to go this week either. If I go, it will be Thurs night. I am so afraid to see a big gain and for the scale to be back at 170 when I was done to 16o before. I feel just awful, physically, emotionally, everything.
I hope that no one else is feeling as bad as I am.

Belle - congrats on the good news about BF.

Ali - I love Crystal Lite lemonade, we alwasy have it in the fridge.

Kirsty - get well soon.

TonyaLyn - I hope that you will have great reeseults next week. Maybe the loss hasn't caught up yet?

Trish ) - you are doing great! I am very excited for you for your great loss. Keep it up! Spread some motivation and dedication my way.

Jen-L - I am sure that you will lose quickly now that you are weaning. Losing 10 points per day must be hard though., Good luck!

Talk to you all later.

Sarah
194.4/170??/153WW
Old 02-12-2001, 10:34 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone Ugh I was sick ALL weekend. It was very miserable. I didn't get to go to Vermont on Friday...didn't go anywhere at all. We rescheduled for next Friday so I get to be nervous all over again this week. LOL On the bright side I really didn't feel much like eating so I did pretty well and may even have lost a pound or two. Yay. Anyways. Just wanted to drop by and say hi. Hope you are all having a good Monday...

------------------
~Shalyne
230/203/150
Old 02-12-2001, 10:52 PM   #8  
Crime Fighter

Hi there!

I'm a lurker finally coming to the forefront. I love this site and hearing how other 20 somethings deal with our battles. I am a WW, newly in the "maintenance" stage, but having difficulty figuring out how to stay within the two pounds. Anyway, just thought I'd say "hello"

Lola
Old 02-12-2001, 11:34 PM   #9  

Hi girls! Sorry I haven’t posted in almost a week but I have been reading and keeping up with all of your good days and bad days. For the first time in a while I had more good days than bad days last week and lost 2.2lbs! I was very happy because I’ve been in a rut for a while. To celebrate I went out to buy a new little black dress for a wedding that I have to go to in three weeks. I found this wonderful classic dress and feeling ambitious I grabbed a size ten hoping that it wouldn’t be too small—and guess what! It was too big and I ended up getting a size 8! It’s now hanging proudly in my closet…I’m so excited. I think this is the only single digit size in my wardrobe right now. And I just love the way I look in it. Imagine that—me loving the way I look in anything!

Shalyne and Kirsty--feel better soon sweeties!
Lola--welcome!
Ali--love those pudding snacks but I tend to eat more than just one!
Tonya--maybe you’re just gaining muscle with all that working out? Actually I bet you’re right about the water retention—Bob Greene says exercise will cause you to retain H2O if you’re not drinking even more than usual.
Trish--awesome loss!
Jen--ouch! a ten point loss all of the sudden! Let us know how it goes!
Sarah—don’t worry, I always eat my way through life tragedies too. Okay, so it’s not the best coping mechanism but it’s the only one I’ve got! We’re here for you, and remember that weight that comes on quickly tends to leave quickly too. Once you pull yourself back on track I bet you’ll get it back off in a week!

Somebody was asking in a previous post about WW eTools and other online programs…take a look at Fitday.com. I use it to track what I eat and how much exercise I do. It doesn’t do points, but knowing that 1pt=~50 calories helps, and you can graph your weight loss and journal and get nutritional breakdowns of what you’ve been eating (like have you had enough potassium this week?). It’s not perfect, but it’s free unlike the $13/month eTools.

Heather
187.4/147.8/130
(yay, broke into a new decade!)
Old 02-13-2001, 12:49 AM   #10  

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread. I use to be on the Low Carb Atkins board but I gain it all back plus 10 lbs. So I decided to try the weight lose thing 1 more time the right way. I need lots of support so please help.

Tammie
212/212/112
Old 02-13-2001, 01:19 AM   #11  
Parrothead

Hello Everyone!
This weekend went by way too fast. I stayed OP for the most part until my DH and I went to our favorite beer joint and found pitchers to be $4.25! Oh well, at least it was light beer . We did do a lot of walking around the campus checking out all of the old grounds so I hope that made up for the slip.
Shalyne and Kirsty ~ Hope you two feel better soon. DH is home sick today also.
Ali ~ I haven't tried the puddings yet, but they look good. They also have calcium which is an added benefit.
Tanya ~ I am with the others, you probably should try eating at the high end of your range. That seems to work for me when I get in a rut. All of the exercise and low points probably has your body in condervation mode. Great job on all of the exercise! I'm sure you're feeling the results even if you aren't seeing them on the scale.
Jen ~ Congrats on getting back OP! Good luck with the new points range. It'll be tough, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. How old is your little one? I can't wait until we TTC.
Trish ~ Way to go on the 4.6 loss! Hopefully I'll either stay the same or lose next WI. After this weekend I'd be happy to stay the same!
Sarah ~ Don't beat yourself up over gains. You're going through so much right now and hopefully our support can help you through this tough time. You'll get motivated when the time is right and we're here when you need us!
Heather ~ congrats on the size 8! I once paid entirely too much for a pair of Banana Republic strech pants simply because they were a size 8 (that was the first time I was on WW -- those pants are my motivation now)
Tammie and Lola ~ Welcome! I'm only a week old here myself, but these ladies are an awesome support. Look forward to getting to know ya'll.

OK, now I'm rambling a bit. Hello to the ladies who I haven't addressed yet!

Random question: How do all of you deal with points and drinking? I'm in the low points bracket now and am having such a hard time staying in range when I drink. Any tips? - I already drink light beer or wine.

I gotta run! Take care
Kay

------------------
kay
164/144/135
Old 02-13-2001, 01:59 AM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Kay... I don't drink much, so I really can't help you there. But when I so I have wine, which is 2 points a glass. I have heard most people that do mixed drinks have it with diet soda. AND... my little Emma is 15 weeks. She was born October 29, 2000. Just s doll. One day I will get the pictures on the website. I will let everyone know when I do!!

Jen
Old 02-13-2001, 02:05 AM   #13  
Parrothead

Jen ~ My wedding was October 28! I guess that was a really lucky weekend! The red wine is usually my best option because it is filling and it goes down slower. I just wish alcohol was "free"
Old 02-13-2001, 02:21 AM   #14  
Juliehere :-)

Urgh....Monday !

It is raining here in CA...actually we have had some snow in Santa Cruz and some of the higher peaks here in the bay area....this is the first time in my life that it snowed here ! I feel for all you in the east !

Well, it was a great weekend. I gained .8 on saturday....but I had a great dinner Firday night...just water and eating more gain. The good news is that I took my measurements....lost 3 inches from my thigh and 1 inch from my arms ! I am so glad I started exercising ! I'm following a 7K walking training program on asimba.com. It's been a challenge...but I am doing it...best of all it is free !

So I signed up for etools. I love the journal...but it is limited. You cannot save unless you are on the day ( I tried to plan my Sunday on Saturday and it wouldn't save) I sent off about 10 e-mails to WW as suggestions, technical issues, etc. for the most part...I do like it. It is new...and being in the internet industry...I know that improvment and new versions willbe available...I will stick with it ! I also found out that I was calculating points wrong ! I tried fitday.com and dietwatch.com...the reason I like the etools is beacuase with the others I was "double entering" I would write in my hournal and then enter the info on the other sites....now I can just enter it once ! I'm also a computer geek....so I like it all online.

I'll let you know how it goes...for right now I can deal with the shortcomings and the price...I figure I will eat out one less time a month to pay for it.

Ali -I love Crystal Light ! I drink the de-caf ice tea....I feel a little bloated though...none for me the day before WI. As for Pudding and Jello.... I make a big batch on Sunday and divide them in to my own plastic containers I bought at Smart and Final. It's much cheaper...I think the containers were about $5 for 100...and they are 1/2 size !

Kirsty - hope you feel better :-)

Tonya - you and I are in the same boat...measure yourself...I'm sure you'll see the difference like I did.

Trish - WOO HOO you go girl ! don't give it excuses...just take it :-)

Jen - good luck this week...seems like you have a plan...and much to look forward to this weekend :-)

Sarah - sorry about your grandmother. You'll get through it...don't stress out about the gain, you have alot to deal with right now. Take care of what is needed now..and it will all come in time.

Shalyne - I'm sending you the "get well" vibes...hang in there...

Lola - welcome ! this is a great group...congrats on reaching your goal...

Heather - WTG on the 2.2 ! and dropping a size....you'll knock um dead Thanks for the info in fitday.com You read my "soap box" up top...

Tammie - Welcome ! this is the RIGHT way ! glad to see you...it's a great support group

Kay - I limited my nights of drinking....my group of friends go out every weekend...I pick the nights that I think are the most important...plus I save more $$$$ I know it is hard..eat less points....eat more veggies that day and have a glass of water in between each cocktail....you'll find that you "sip" more and really drink less. Hope this helps !

Have a great day ....

Julie

------------------
235/225.6/145
Old 02-13-2001, 03:11 AM   #15  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi guys! I know, I've been a little absent, and I'm home sick today but I wanted to at least say hi. That murder I told ya'll I was covering? Well, on Thursday police arrested a solider from an Army post about 3 hours from here. So Friday, I drove out there with a photographer to find out more about what happened. Crazy stuff. There's a bunch of newbies on the site (Hi to Lola, Tammie and Kay) who are probably wondering what I'm talking about ... I'm a newspaper reporter in Virginia (covering the cops and crime beat), and about two weeks ago a Hooters waitress was found dead in her car. She was beat to death with her own flashlight. Inside Edition was in Roanoke today covering the story, too, and their segment is supposed to air next week. But if anyone wants to read about it from a REAL news source go to www.roanoketimes.com and click on the icon about the Tina Foster case.

Anyway, Saturday I started feeling fluish and spent most of the weekend in bed. That night b/f and I went to see Hannibal (I liked it), and I must have had a fever because I had chills and achiness the whole way through. Today I tried to go to work, but came home because I still feel like crap. So I made myself some 0-point veggie soup. I also made some of those cocoa rice crispie treats in the latest WW magazine and although they're 1 point a serving, it's awfully hard to eat one! I've had 3 so far.

Trish, Heather: Great losses! Yay!

Sarah: I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'm glad you're able to be there for your dad. I also agree with Kay: You may have had a gain because your body is compensating for the stress you've been under.

Kay: I've never quite figured out the alcohol thing. I've basically had to quit drinking as much as I was, otherwise I was piling on way too many points. I used to drink a glass of wine every day; now I have some maybe once a week. And when I do go out, I'll have one drink, maybe two, and then stick with water for the rest of the evening. One thing about being older (28, rather than in college years) is that I'm not as obsessed any more with drinking to get drunk, or even to get tipsy! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif Plus, it's too expensive! The last time I really drank a lot was New Year's Eve. I lost 35 lbs. in college, though, the first time I was on WW, and cutting back on alcohol and pizza helped the most.

Julie: I'm a Crystal Light iced-tea fan, too! I drink the raspberry and peach tea all the time, and I hardly ever feel bloated from it. I still try to get regular water in, though.

On the WW e-tools topic: I'm a little irritated at the $13 a month pricetag because look how much we pay WW already! I pay $8.95 a week as it is! I'd like to try those etools, but I don't know if I want to spend even more money on weight loss. It does sound like there are some great tools on there, though.

OK, I'm writing a book here. And I think I need to go lie back down. Hi to everyone I missed ... Brenda, Ali, Belle, Kirsty, Lolly, Kirsten, Shalyne, Jen, Tonya, Emily ... I think that's everyone!

------------------
Kim
206.8/188.6/130
Valentine's goal: 186.8 (my 10 percent)
"I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!" -Anon.
Closed Thread