Old 01-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #1  
Losing it and loving it!!

S/C/G: 181/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Default I need some advice ladies about my calories

I have been on plan for 12 days now and am doing great!! My one concern is that my calorie count rarely makes is past 1200 a day, and somedays it is a lot less. The thing is I am completely content with this amount of food and when I try to add more I seem to feel ill as I am not hungry kwim??? I don't think this is healthy but it is so frustrating because I feel stuffed when I eat more than 1200. I might add I am 5"4 and 172 pounds currently.

Thanks in advance girls!
bee optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

I would be concerned if you're going a lot past 1200, but 1200 should be fine. Are you adding enough of the right food? Thin is great, but thin and healthy is better! Are you losing well? feeling well?
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Try eating 3 smaller meals and plan on a snack between meals. I eat about every 3 hours, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. My snacks are usually about 100 calories each. I can easily stay within my calorie allottment and I never feel stuffed. And you don't get overly hungry, either.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

I would really try and make at least 1200. Theres lots of small things you can do to up your calories a bit without filling up a lot more. Try drinking a glass of milk with your meal or adding peanut butter to your veggies or toast, even eating a handful of almonds for snack
Yelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #5  
it's always something

It's such an individual thing. Maybe you should try 1500 and see if you are still losing weight at the right pace? Ages ago, 1200 was the recommended amount for a weight loss diet, but 1500 seems to be preferred now by many dietitians. When starting a diet, you should start at a higher range and see if you lose, then cut back gradually to see what works for you. It's all trial and error. You should aim for 1 to 2 pounds of fat loss per week. If you can get that with more calories, then you should do it. How you lose the weight will have an impact on how you maintain the loss later. I agree with the 3 meals and 2 snacks idea, this is a good way to spread it out
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/142/150

Height: 5'11"

try foods that pack a lot of good cals in a small amount. Peanut butter, nuts, avocado etc.
jessisaokay is offline   Reply With Quote