Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #1  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Default Would it be too selfish to ask

you guys to give me some words of encouragement. I am in a rut right now and feel like crying. I just want to give up on myself.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

Sending supportive thoughts and warm encouragement.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/250/150

Height: 5'6"

Don't give up. I like your posts. I stop in and read them every now and then. You give me encouragement when I feel like quitting.
You can do this...just keep going. One baby step at a time...
Macomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #4  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Ace!
Don't know what's going through your head right now, but hang in there chickie, take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time. Every second you hang in and make a good choice counts.
You can do it!!!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #5  
Mentally ready

I really encourage you???? That's so sweet.. thank you so much.. wow. I'm so flattered You just made me smile and almost cry again ahahaha.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #6  

Hey there Ace.

You've lost 20lbs, thats really not bad going at all. Please please don't give up, keep going.

As an aside, I like the apple pie quote in your sig.

x
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #7  
Mentally ready

It's not that I haven't gotten anywhere with what I have been doing, it's just that... well I hurt my back and now I can't exercise and I feel like it's pointless ontop of that. Also I feel like there's never REALLY healthy food in this house that I can just enjoy, I guess the only solution to that would be to come up with things I want and ask my mom or aunt to add them to the grocery list. But I don't know what I want. I think it's mostly the exercise part, and the fact that I have like a kazillion lbs to still lose and without exercise they're not going to go as fast as they could. and I'm scared that my back is going to take too long to heal and WAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Thanks about the sig I found it on a site one day and thought it was cute and true.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #8  
Mentally ready

I think I'm just overwhelmed.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Twenty pounds so far girl that is AWESOME!

Why do you feel like crying? Was someone a jerk to you? Want me to beat their skinny arse?

I think we all have our bad days- I had one for SURE the other day- but I just look at my progress so far and KNOW I can keep going!

Don't quit- you deserve to be the best you that you can be

*hugz*
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Ouch what you hurt your back doing?

I find a warm bath helps, get some calgon and take a hot bath and just relax Maybe put some muscle cream on also if you pulled a muscle or something- and take it easy on the workouts
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #11  
Mentally ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post

Why do you feel like crying? Was someone a jerk to you? Want me to beat their skinny arse?
No, I almost wish that's why I was upset because then I could deal with it and get it out of my head, but when you don't know whats bother you for real, you can't really deal with it!!!!

Maybe I'm going to get my period soon and I'm just sensitive to... EVERYTHING
Old 01-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #12  
Mentally ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Ouch what you hurt your back doing?

I find a warm bath helps, get some calgon and take a hot bath and just relax Maybe put some muscle cream on also if you pulled a muscle or something- and take it easy on the workouts
I might be able to take a bath later, but as of right now our water pipes are frozen and the water isn't working. Not sure what I did but yeh, working out is not an option seeing as it hurts just to walk.... or sit for that matter.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

It is pretty overwhelming, it's okay to take a moment and just feel "whoa! there's a lot of stuff to do." Take a second and do that. We'll wait right here.

Okay - back?

Good.

I've always found when I'm overwhelmed at anything - personal finances, work, healthy eating, the best thing for me is to make a list of what to tackle first. You can't exercise right now because your back hurts - concentrate on what you CAN do.

You said your mom and your aunt will buy you the right food. Okay, do some meal planning. Plan your meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks for an entire week. I do it every Sunday. It was kind of tough at first, because I didn't have a lot of healthy recipes in my head, but it got easier and easier. The internet is GREAT - there are literally thousands of healthy, yummy fingertips just a clickety click away.

Get your mom to buy what you need and then think of how to reward yourself. If you do a good job and stick to your plan, you should get something nice, right? What about a pedicure? Or a really pretty scarf for winter? Or nice stationary or any little, special thing you might not usually spend money on. When you follow your healthy eating plan for one week - reward yourself.

Then, plan for week 2.

You CAN do this.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #14  
Mentally ready

You're right... Maybe I should do the whole planning thing. I haven't gotten into that because what I was doing was really easy and worked thus far, but it might be a **** of a lot easier to make the plan and stick to it. Also, if I really think about it, my mom and aunt would really benefit from the plan too, because they don't know what to make for dinner most nights, if there is a plan (a healthy one at that! They are always complaining about wanting to lose weight) I'm sure they would be happy to eat and make whatever is on my plan, because it will be healthy.... this is sounding good.

You ladies are actually the best thing that's ever happened to me (everyone on the site included here) I'm so lucky to have you all to pick me up!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

Beautiful Ace ...please...please don't go !
20 whole pounds is awesome ...you doing fantastic!
I know you can do this!
YOU know you can!
We all know you can!
Before ,i mean in 2006 and 2007 i have tried losing weight and i have failed, and just because i dind't have the patience to stick with it...and now i'm so glad that i started again in 08...Is all about patience and i know one day you will succed...
So please stay with us...keep going...
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote