General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Ugh!!!

So, I have been kinda sorta looking for a job. I put my resume on a couple of sites and put it in God's Hands. My husband has really wanted me to go back to work, just to kinda ease his stress a bit, not that we are in tons of debt or anything but he is about to retire from the Navy in a couple years and with 2 almost 3 kids in private school, he would feel better. So today I get a a call about a job and asked if I would like to put in a application. So here are the pros and cons. The hours are 8 to 5, I have to have my daughters to school at 8am. I have my son who just turned 5 home with me, so I will need to find child care for him. I haven't worked in 9yrs. I just found a gym on the military base that I can go to for free with a personal trainer(had first session today) that has a place for my son to play. I had to give up my previous gym due to finances and have never been able to afford a trainer. To me this was a God send, such a blessing, and now if I start to work, I have to give it up . So if I am offered this job, is that a blessing???? Going back to work has been something half of me has wanted for a long time, The other half, loves to be home with my little boy, loves being able to do what I want when I want. Man this is so hard. I guess all I can do is leave it in God'd hands and if it is his will I get this job, then the rest will fall in to place.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Ouch, that is a tough one. You have to go with your gut feeling.
My biggest things to consider would be:
How much do you really need the money right now?
Would this be a really good job that you can't pass up, or one that you could probably find something similar in a few months when you are more ready?
Good luck.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer something with less hours? The mornings will be tougher for sure but millions of parents do it every day. Good for you to try to help out your hubby.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #4  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am currently doing the same thing! My youngest is 5 and will be going into grade one in sept. Wondering if I can find a job with a flex sched. I really want to stay home with her. And well no job will pay enough for me to have 3 in daycare during the summer. It is hard to leave it to God. I always want to manipulate it to work for me. I know selfish. But I have to practice daily to trust God and his will. I have an interview 2morrow at 9:30 am. My first one in 8 almost 9 years. But this was a long way to say...i get how you feel.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #5  

Well, I am getting ready to go fill out the job application. I am so nervous
Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6.5

Hey there Willow. I also wonder if something with a few less hours would be a better fit for you to start out with. Don't they have good civlian jobs on base? I work on base and love my civilian job. Very flexable with hours.

Good luck and if anyone knows how to make the right decisions, it's YOU!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #7  

I have checked on base, nothing right now. My husband is off at 2 and can pick up the kids from school and cook dinner (great hubby) Deployment may become an issue down the road and as far as less hourse ago, I still have to help pay tuition for my son to go to private school so money has to cover that. Thats why its in Gods hands. He knows what we need, he will provide. Just trying very hard to stay in His will and not try to 'fix' it myself.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

This is a hard one. Another thing to look at is the economy. As more and more people get laid off, some of them would be willing to snap up that job. Then down the road you may not be able to find a job.

Such a hard decision.

Good luck to you. What sort of job is it?

When I was back there a couple of years ago when my mom died, I found something when I was plundering around in her Bible one night.

The author is unknown. It's named Let Go and Let God

Someone had some toys that needed repair so she gave them to God to fix. She was getting very irritated because it was taking so long. God wasn't doing it right one time. Another time she asked why it was taking so long. God replied, "My child, what do you want me to do? You haven't let go."

I know your problem isn't as severe as watching someone die but it can still fit in your case. It can fit in all our cases.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #9  
_________

Not the right job...your health is MORE important than making a few bucks, and the day care is prolly gonna take up most of what you make anyway.

Keep looking...maybe find a part time job
Rockrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #10  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Ha guess what? Interviewed some sitters to watch the kids while I would work evenings. They want $8/hour. I make $10/hour. You do the math. These are 16 yr old kids. If they need to make that much maybe they should get a different job.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

What happened with the job?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #12  

looks like it wasn't meant to be. Im ok with it. I think I would have heard something by now.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i say take a look at it...but with that being said...check into the cost of child care...you may find that the cost of good child care may mean you aren't making that much money in the long run. Definately put the resume, go for the interview, and then figure out if you get offered the job..would the money you make and the cost of child care work out???
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
i say take a look at it...but with that being said...check into the cost of child care...you may find that the cost of good child care may mean you aren't making that much money in the long run. Definately put the resume, go for the interview, and then figure out if you get offered the job..would the money you make and the cost of child care work out???
My son will be going to private school with his sisters in Aug. During the summer, my oldest is of baby sitting age and my husband only works till 2 in the afternoon. So childcare would mostly likely be putting my son in the preschool program of the the school he will be going to anyway. I just want to alleviate some of their tuition cost off my husband. We know it is the Lords plan for our children to go to this school so He will also provide the money for it. It was a pure miracle that our daughters tuition money came through so I have no doubt it will again, whether its me working or my husband getting promoted or some other plan.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #15  
I wanna be a loser, too

My good thoughts and prayers are with you and I look forward to trying to get together next time I'm visiting my family there.