Old 01-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #1  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default difficulty getting back on track

so i came back home to canada last week. i've started exercising again. maybe even more so than before. i started the 30DS. but i can't get my eating under control.

i let alot slip while i was back in the states over the holidays. and now i just cant get a hold on it again.

the other day, i bought and ate 6 donuts. at once. that's a 1/2 dozen. i just wanted them so badly. i dont even know the last time i ate 1 donut. let alone 6 donuts.

i've eaten almost an entire loaf of bread since saturday. and the more sugar i eat, i can feel my heart rate actually skyrocketing. so i know it's bad for me. i just can't seem to care enough to stop. even though it causes discomfort.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #2  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

First thing's first: PUT DOWN THE BREAD!

Personally, I've found that the more sugar/simple carbs/breads I eat, the more I want. It's one big vicious cycle! Get rid of as many of these diet demons as you can RIGHT NOW! Throw them away and pour things on top of them once in the garbage can. It's true that moderation is key but we're all smart enough to know what our "triggers" are, so it's up to you to step away!

I can tell you to do it but you have to WANT to do it for it to work! It sounds like you really just need to get through a bit of time without the pastries and then once you're back into the swing of things, you'll be fine! Donuts are a big, vicious cycle!

If you're like me, you'll also get to the point where you can't even look at it anymore (the bread, pastries...) because you've over-done it. Have yourself a salad with grilled chicken, girl!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #3  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I'm kind of going through the same thing... I am finally exercising 30-60 minutes a day, burning 400+ calories a session. Excellent, right? But I can't stop eating! Yesterday I had a fast food lunch. I'm not going to kick myself for that. But I came home and ate half a cookie and fed the rest to my bf. Then I got a giant carrot and spent 45 minutes peeling and eating that. Then I finished off my pack of jelly beans. No breaks in between all of that. Then I was wondering if it was too soon for dinner. Seriously, it was NONSTOP EATING.

I know I need to start tracking my calories again but doing it feels like my fingers are made of cinder blocks and it's just TOO MUCH WORK. The scale has read the same number for 7 days in a row now, despite all this exercise. I think being short and normally active, I expend 1800 calories a day. So if I'm exercising 400+ that means I must be eating about 2200. Sigh.

Do you track your calories? Maybe that would help. I could also fire up the accountability thread again. When I posted regularly on there, I had more success. I'm definitely not being accountable with my eating... like, I'm all bragging about my exercise, I even posted how many minutes I'm doing for the month but am I fessing up my calories. Nooooooo.

Sorry I'm not really helping. I'm just in the same boat.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #4  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

joyra, i feel you. i upped my exercise, hoping that it will kick my butt into high gear. or at least burn off some of those donuts i was eating. the last few days, i went walking in snow for over an hour. it's exhausting.

i haven't tracked my calories in ages. i just stopped caring to do the work, and i guess it showed. maybe i should start keeping a food journal again, even if it means not tracking all the calories at first. but just to write it down may help.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Hey lovelies:

I have a HUGE problem with this. It's what caused me to gain back most of the weight I lost over the summer/into the fall. KEEP WRITING DOWN YOUR FOOD!!!!!!!! That's the biggest mistake I made!! And it's so hard to get back into the habit!

I use dailyplate.com, but other people use journals or other sites. It kept me accountable because I wouldn't eat something just because I wouldn't want to have to look at the words "NACHOS" or "CAKE" or "ICE CREAM" or something like that, you know?

Good luck, ladies!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #6  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

To get motivated to get back on track, I pore through health magazines like Self or Shape or whatever and look at bodies I admire (healthy, athletic ones!) or "shop" online (but not really buy anything) just to admire the kind of clothes I'd like to wear eventually... I don't know, sometimes motivation comes in weird packages... I just got a big, beautiful rose tattoo covering my shoulder and it's been like a little voice in my ear telling me to GET IN SHAPE!

Sometimes the beginning is the hardest part...
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote