Old 01-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default What to do?

Okay. So my 18 month old daughter is sick. She has been throwing up all morning. For 1 I can't eat because I just have it in the back of mind she is going to give it too me and I am going to start throwing up. and 2 the smell is awful so that has kinda not made me wanna eat. What should I do. I don't wanna not eat all day but I hate stomach virus's they are the worst and I dreading I am going to end up with it.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #2  
FB

I'm of the school to eat when you're hungry, don't when you're not. Honestly, I usually eat on a pretty rigid schedule, every two hours or so - but if I can't or don't want to I never force myself. I do know that I won't likely binge out later in the evening.

If evening eating is a problem for you then try to stay on your schedule, if you're confident you won't overindulge tonight as a result of not eating then you're probably fine.

Hope your little one is better soon. That's awful when our babies are sick.

Last edited by FB; 01-13-2009 at 12:56 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:42 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

As a mother of 2 adult sons, I can tell you that kids puke a LOT. Even when my kids were sick I ate because I believed it was best to keep my strength up while they were sick so I could care for them.

Just wash your hands a lot and whereever she has been sick do a little extra cleaning. Soap and water (and cleaning products) are your *friends*. Scented candles help get rid of the barfy smells in the air if you can have one lit where your daughter won't get at it.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #4  
Chicklet

Kids getting the stomach flu and having to clean up after them is probably the MAIN reason I don't want any children. lol It may sound selfish, but I can't even handle the fake stuff in movies or comedy shows. I don't find it funny, it makes me ill! When I was a kid and had the stomach flu, I was the worst wreck anyone's ever seen. I thought and acted like I was dying. lol My mom must be super woman to have been able to put up with me! I won't even get on a roller coaster for that FEAR of motion sickness. I stick to kiddie-rides like the tilt-a-whirl and scrambler and stuff. lol The first time I flew in a plane I was petrified of air sickness, cuz it seemed like in every movie I saw there was a kid getting sick on the plane. Of course, I turned out fine and I fly quite often now, and I'd probably be okay on a coaster, but that phobia will never go away. lol

All you moms out there.... you all deserve a HUGEEEE medal.

Last edited by Esmeralda; 01-14-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Esmeralda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You should eat. You may or may not get the flu, but in any case, you need some nourishment. It's not good to get in the habit of skipping food, any more than getting in the habit of bingeing.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote