Old 01-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #1  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Default Overindulged last night

A warning to start with - this is going to be a bit of a whiny thread. I ate half a batch of perhaps the most delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies yesterday. That's the conclusion. The intro is that I quit smoking (and I have never missed anything so much in my life) 11 days ago, I went on a diet, my dad is back in the hospital, I'm bored to tears at my job, and i live in a small town where my only friends moved away in december and i'm lonely.

I know all that's whiny. Having given up smoking and started dieting all at the same time, I honestly can't decide whether it's better on nights like last night to eat the cookies or have a smoke. Since I made the beautiful batch of cookies (and next time I should just not freaking make them, but I had this recipe and my brothers came over...) I went for the cookies.

And it really shouldn't matter, but knowing that my boyfriend isn't dieting and watching him eat is just about to blow me over the edge. I think that's why I ate so many cookies - I mean he could, why couldn't I?

All in all, after all that whining, I just wanted to express to someone that this is really really hard. Thanks for letting me gripe.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #2  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscatip View Post
The intro is that I quit smoking (and I have never missed anything so much in my life) 11 days ago, I went on a diet, my dad is back in the hospital, I'm bored to tears at my job, and i live in a small town where my only friends moved away in december and i'm lonely.
Your situation sounds very familiar to what I've gone through in the past. I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago and I still have dreams and desires for a cigarette but it does get easier. 11 days is fantastic! I'm sure you haven't had time to really zone in a focus on it through all the cravings but your body is already trying to recover and will start feeling better and better the longer you stay away from them. Keep at it!

I'm sorry to hear about your father. My step father just died last month and it was awful and traumatic. These stressful situations are hard for eating well, you lack time and resources to find food healthy foods but even if you slip and have to get something out of a vending machine or cafeteria that you wouldn't normally eat just know that these little slip ups won't kill your whole plan. In fact, I think its admirable when someone can make a mistake and get right back on the horse rather than just saying "Well, I screwed up, it's all over."

I can't really offer any advise on the job, that's why I'm on 3FC at 11AM instead of working.

And lastly Lubbock.... I feel your pain. I have lived here 25 years (except when I moved to DFW for college). It can be quite a crappy town at times especially for the younger ones. I don't know what you're into but if you search hard enough there is some fun stuff to do. Personally I avoid the depot district. I've never liked the atmosphere and don't like the sloshed drunken frat guys.

I hope you can get out there and find some good supportive people who will lift you up. True friends are so hard to find but do not settle. I'd rather have one or two good people around me than a dozen others than don't understand me and what I'm going through.

I hope everything gets better for you.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #3  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks TXJess! I really appreciate the support - it was a rough day yesterday. I haven't had a smoke though, and I'm back on track with the calorie counting after the cookie debacle.
Lubbock has been a bit lonely - I moved here from Austin about a year ago to be with my boyfriend who is attending school here. It's been great for our relationship, but I miss having girlfriends!
I really do appreciate the kind words. I almost cried at work when I read it yesterday, which is why I couldn't respond until today. Thanks.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #4  
Fit and Fine in '09

S/C/G: 226/check the ticka/155

Height: 5-7

You have so many things going at one time its no wonder you fell off the diet wagon. The quitting smoking thing and starting a new diet at the same time is going to be really hard. But it sounds like you are doing pretty well so far. Don't forget you are human and with everything you have going on when you get too overwhelmed take a moment to step back and breathe. If you over do it again just say ok I over did it and now I need to do something to get back in gear. Go for a walk or exercise of some sort helps, not only will it clear your mind but it releases all those wonderful endorphins that make you feel better. You always have us on here when you need a lil extra support when you don't have anyone else at the moment. We all understand. =)
PiperNCalliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #5  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

It's a very difficult process, and I'm not going to say I haven't done the same thing. Next time try eating a bowl of grapes, or a peach. If you keep going for stuff like that rather than cookies, it gets programed into you and you start doing it naturally. I'm sorry about all the things going on in your life, just remember what you are doing is for you and no one else. You want a healthier you.
migotokokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/150.8/130

Height: 5'3

I think the cookies are better than the cigarettes. At least until you get through the cravings. One step at a time, you will get there! Chin up champ!
diamondinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Today is a new day!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote