Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Default OFF PLAN ALL DAY--Do you do this

I started making my change in late May/early June. I haven't since then, had an ENTIRE day to be OFF Plan. I don't even know why I did it--it didn't taste that great really.

I woke up and ran as normal. After I got all the family out the door this morning, I made my cup of coffee and reached for one small pastry. That turned into two chocolate thumbprint cookies and then THREE slilces of Tarimisu. I watched a movie while indulging this morning--The 1937 production of The Good Earth. After the movie, I warmed up two sliced of cheese pizza and ate that! Please note, these were things left from a dinner party Saturday night--not the usual fare for certain in my house. We were out all day yesterday--well mostly--and they weren't thrown out.

Do any of you do this from time to time? I know most of us have some flexibility in what we eat but the entire day? I am now just drinking water until bedtime.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Have I had entire days off plan? More like have I had entire weeks off plan!

And yes, I have.

It happens. Just have to dust ourselves off and get back to it at the very next meal.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #3  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I've done this. Usually when I'm not home or when foreign items are in the house. It's why I hate going away on the weekends. I don't have access to familiar foods, my familiar portions, etc. So I feel weak and give in. But then it would lead to me going to the store and buying tons of junk to indulge. I'm working on this. I've been good...But some of those binges turned into a week or two off plan.

It's like Faerie said, you just have to get back up on your feet and do it.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Me too! My best weapon is to just not have it in the house. I'm like a hoover when it comes to left-overs. As if I get gold stars for finishing things.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm that way too, I have resorted throwing everything out - it's my only recourse.
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Who hasn't done this? I've had entire weeks off-plan (like when I visiting my parents--there's just so much tempting food around, it's hard to resist).

By this time next week, you will have moved on and forgotten all about it. In the grand scheme things, so long as you get back on track, one off-plan day isn't going to delay you from reaching your goal.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

The people here have taught me that I will go off plan once in a while. It doesn't matter though...what matters is that I get back on. <3
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
As if I get gold stars for finishing things.

Yes, I've had exactly this happen, except I get gold stars for finishing things QUICKLY.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #9  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

well I've just started on plan for one month now- I haven't gotten off yet- but in the past when I dieted doing atkins I did all the time at least once a week it was horrible! Since I've been counting calories it's been easier to stay on plan- but then again I'm only one month in- I know at some point I'll cave- see big people have it hard- our drug Is right in front of us every day! We HAVE to deal with it! Cocaine adicts don't have to see Cocaine every day unless they choose to go to where it's dealt... that whats so hard about people who are over weight Our drug must be dealt with every day 3-6 times daily.. to live! we need our drug to stay alive and healthy. Go figure! So don't beat yourself up about it!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

yup...

just dust off and start over. I dont know where you live but I didnt see anything about dinner. "water for the rest of the day" may not be the best plan. Best with a small on plan balanced meal as soon as hunger rears again and go from there.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

No, I don't (barring very special occasions like holidays or trips). I try very hard to keep offplan events to a single meal and try to get right back on track the next eating opportunity.

For me, starting the day with a pastry can be disastrous, since I am very suspceptible to baked goods. Empty carbs for breakfast (even something as seemingly innocent as a bagel) set off an "eat eat eat" mode in me.

I would also not have any leftover pizza in the house. I almost never bring home restaurant leftovers. When I have a treat in a restaurant it is a one meal occasion!

Overall though - do not be so hard on yourself. You had 3 cookies and 2 pieces of pizza.That is not a disaster. You definitely do NOT have to starve yourself the rest of the day. In my experience binging then starving always set me up for MORE binging, then MORE starving, on and on until I felt like a powerless loser at the mercy of food (that is my experience, I don't mean to project on you and your experiences).

Have a sensible dinner and move on to tomorrow.

Last edited by Glory87; 01-12-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #12  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

You are like a hero for me to follow thighs be gone! We all make mistakes~You Will Get back on track Remember you said you couldn't run that far at first but you kept going and going until Those thighs were gone!
SO Just start new & remember to throw stuff like that out and Keep up your good work & thanks for being a major inspiration to me ON 3FC!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #13  

Of course! I have more days OP than I'd like to admit!
But they are always completely unplanned, and I always feel so terrible afterwards, it doesn't make it worth it at all.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #14  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

this happened to me for the first time this past saturday. it was kind of hard to get back on track on sunday but i just did it, then today it was back to normal. i've only been at this for almost a month, but it is getting easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamherrera View Post
well I've just started on plan for one month..... that whats so hard about people who are over weight Our drug must be dealt with every day 3-6 times daily.. to live! we need our drug to stay alive and healthy. Go figure! So don't beat yourself up about it!
mariamherrera: i've been on plan for almost a month also....i never really thought about food consumption like this; thanks for letting us hear your point of view
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

NEVER! My plan is my life...says the woman who ate the Starbuck's scone and hot chocolate -- uh, like 600 calories of scone and who knows how many in the cocoa, that her loving mother brought over for her today because, and I quote, "You are getting so thin honey, you need to eat more food." So I ate it...like a baby bird being stuffed full of grasshoppers. Between my mother and her scone attacks and my mother-in-law and her 5 lb. boxes of toffee for Christmas, I have some serious love being hoisted my way in the form of empty carbs, fat and sugar.

Thighs Be Gone, you ate pizza and a couple of cookies...oh, and a pastry. In the grand scheme of things, who cares? Just get back on plan and savor the memory of cheese and tomato sauce...

Last edited by Schumeany; 01-13-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote