Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Those three way mirrors at stores...

Those three way mirrors at stores... I was feeling a bit good about myself, lost a little weight, planning meals, eating clean and then the THREE WAY MIRROR! I was a skinny athlete one day, and to see THIS. All the more reason to stick with the plan for life, I can't feel good about myself this heavy. It's depressing and so hard to find clothes - I did find long legged Calvin Klein jeans perfect for us girls with bellies and long legs though. Wrong color, came home, ordered online in the privacy of my own home without those mirrors. Until I lose at least 10 more lbs I'm staying away from shopping. This is my last buy for awhile, I love Calvin Klein and was just so sick of my Walmart fat jeans, the only pants I've bought since I regained weight. These jeans have stretch so when I get to size 10 again, size 12 might fit just in a cute baggy way rather then a long legged (oops what's that in the middle way).
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #2  
Lady-in-training!

S/C/G: Heaviest: 215/202/168/130

Height: 5'5"

Store mirrors are brutal for most everyone (women, at least), I think. I think it's a combination of the lighting, possibly ill-fitting clothing, and the shock of taking all of yourself in at once. Don't let it stress you out too much or negate your feelings of accomplishment though, sometimes I Think they've been engineering to make us look particularly bad.

That being said, I do wish I could order an _affordable_ one for my apartment, as a deterrent, for when I want to run out for ice cream or something. I've been searching for a while online and haven't been able to find anything not outrageously expensive, didn't think it would be this hard.
gtech2mit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'8

Those mirrors are the worst! I felt the same way when I went shopping for an outfit for new years eve with my boyfriend. I was getting so frustrated looking at myself in those clothes I got mad and left, and he had no idea why! lol.

But I like to think of it this way, think of shopping as a reward for getting the weight off! Keep up the good work and once you lose the weight you want to lose those mirrors are going to be looking pretty good to you! lol.
skirsten1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #4  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

UGH tell me about it.

I always think I look great from the front but I seriously suffer from underbra back fat. I hate it! I think I have more fat on my back then I do on my belly!
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I'm just not going to shop at Dillards anymore. Other mirrors don't bug me as much, perhaps I'm lying to myself. But this back fat thing I can't handle right now. Anyways I'm not shopping anymore. I'm on a financial diet too, so the CK jeans are the last for a time. I have a HUGE closet full of clothes I wore 20 lbs slimmer, I'm NOT going to just go buy an entire new wardrobe. I'm NOT, especially not with the mirrors staring back at me.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #6  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Yes! Like the mirrors on What Not to Wear

Cheeze
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/see tracker/170

Height: 5'11"

I completely understand what you mean! Tonight, I had to buy some new pants (because the only ones that really fit me now have a hole in them), so I walk into the store, grab a pair, try them on and had to face the three way mirror. It was horrible! I'm so glad I was the only one in the dressing room at the time because I felt soo horrible! I felt so defeated and ashamed, even though I had a great week with my weight loss plan and trying hard to keep it that way. I felt so embrassed buying those size 20 jeans, even though I needed them. Then again, the mirrors has just made me more aware of what I need to do so I don't experience this again!
kireos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Kireos, just keep on thinking that those jeans could have been bigger than a 20. Always try to keep thought positive it will benefit you more than the negative ones.

Those mirrors are all evil no matter where they are at. But in a way I would like to be in front of the ones on what not to wear at least I would be getting new cloths. LOL
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote