Old 01-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/232/145

Height: 5'5

Default It's working! But can you relate?

The thing is, the thought of another diet, the loosing and gaining back, was tiresome, so I had been delaying even starting another one. I found this site and I've started exercising daily, and watching what I'm eating. Getting tons of motivation from you guys and I have lost 6 pounds!!! Now, I just need to keep up all that I've been doing. I guess my question is- What do I do to hang onto this motivation and this 'ready to get back to the old me' feeling?
Amy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

My advice would be Stick around here.. i think this site is the most motivating thing ever.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #3  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

ditto
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #4  
I will do this.

Yup. Stick around here!!

For me there has been NOTHING better than this site and the people on it.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #5  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

ditto
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #6  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

My motivation comes from all the little, and big things I will get out of losing the weight I want. Maybe you could write a list of all those little and big things. Whenever you start slipping READ IT! Also, this site ahaha
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

My advice may sound contrary. But I say forget motivation forever. Embrace commitment, and the idea that there is no quitting.

There are times when you'll feel on top of the world, and times when you may feel like you'll scream if you have to chop another vegetable. And we have to stay committed through all of it if we want to reach our goals and stay there.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #8  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Amy25, it sounds like you are doing great so far! Motivation is a funny thing.... I can't decide if I believe in it or not. I think sometimes we wait around for motivation to 'strike' us suddenly. But really, motivation has to be cultivated, through the every day things you say to yourself, and just doing the things you need to do without letting yourself talk you out of it. Daily reinforcement is how you keep up your motivation and definitely coming to this site is a big part of it. It sounds to me like you are off to a great start.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #9  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
My advice may sound contrary. But I say forget motivation forever. Embrace commitment, and the idea that there is no quitting.

There are times when you'll feel on top of the world, and times when you may feel like you'll scream if you have to chop another vegetable. And we have to stay committed through all of it if we want to reach our goals and stay there.
Faerie just expressed what I was trying to say in what is maybe a more succinct way. Motivation is great when you have it, but don't depend on it because it comes and goes.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #10  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Yes! Sticking around the boards will definitely help you stay on plan. What types of things will you be doing on your plan
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/232/145

Height: 5'5

I'm getting lots of advice- Thanks! I am not following any plan in paticular. I am exercising, which, I had led myself to believe I was too busy to do, and I am eating fruits and veggies, which I rarely ate, and I am watching it with all the sugar and drinking nothing but water. I'm teaching myself to live the healthy way!
Amy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

Let everyone you can think of who will support you know your goals. When I started losing weight/working out a year ago, I told all of my supportive friends what I was doing. Now, a year later, I get to tell them I've lost 40 pounds instead of having to admit that I failed.

And yes, this board is great! I know I don't post that much, but at least a year after I joined, I'm still around instead of quitting.

So I guess accountability is what has kept me motivated.
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #13  
=D

Quote:
....But I say forget motivation forever. Embrace commitment, and the idea that there is no quitting...
Could NOT have said this better myself.
This is an awesome quote, well put, Faerie.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Definitely stick around here. For me, its easy for me to "forget" I was dieting. Out of sight out of mind. Everyday I check this site. It reminds me of why I'm doing what I'm doing. It has been a huge help and probably the reason I'm being so successful. That and watching biggest loser because I never want to get that bad. When they give the contestants all there test results...scares the bejesus outta me!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #15  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:

I agree very much. I find that motivation is quite fleeting. Sometimes, I have to focus on the commitment I've made and the determination to reach my goals.

Right now, I'm sleepy. It's a lazy Saturday afternoon. I totally feel like crawling into bed for a nap and a Dexter marathon. I am not motivated in the slightest to go to the gym, but I'm going to go because I'm determined to get this weight off.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote