Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #1  
Citizen of the Planet

Default Your Experiences with Mini Trampoline Rebounder

I bought a huge mini trampoline from ebay after doing a LOT of research. I am very happy with the unit, and have just started to use it.

2.5 years ago, I injured my knee very badly. Before that I used to walk on my treadmill nearly daily for four miles per day. I have gained about 40 lbs. since this.

I got on the mini trampoline and realized just how out of shape I am.

I love the rebounder so far and I plan on doing it several times per days in short intervals. I feel safe on it because my rebounder due to its size and for safety has eight legs instead of five or six legs like most have. Plus, it has a bar to hang on to.

First, I wonder why more people don't use these rebounders? The only reason I even considered it is because I saw it on Gillian McKeith's BBC program, and started doing research on them. I take a lot what Gillian McKeith says with a grain of salt, but I also think she has a lot of valuable information to offer.

Second, knowing everyone is different, how long did it take any of you who use(d) these rebounders to build up time? It's exhausting, but it looks easy.

I really like the way that this does not hurt my knees. I think a lot of people are really missing the boat by not using one of these.
shelterwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I have used a mini tramp for years. IT works great. I started out at 5 min and the next week went to 10 min. I am at 30 min when i use it. I should do it daily because it works better than anything else i have ever done. I just try to jump during a show on tv. Its fun your right but its hard work. You can add twist and speed up the jumping for more cardio. Have fun and the pounds will melt away..take your measurements and watch them go down fast!! OK,,,im getting mine back out ..you talked me into it!!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #3  
Momma on a Mission

Height: 5'8"

I read somewhere- maybe Anne Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush- that using the mini trampoline is great for lymphatic system drainage. I don't remember all the specifics, but it was very interesting how it can accelerate waste elimination and sort of unclog a stopped up drain in your body, so you can release the fat. Of course it was written with all the hype of every miracle weight loss book.

Please keep us posted on how it works. I have one I picked up at a yard sale for $10 years ago, but at my current weight I am a little afraid of it.
mtnheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #4  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Yes! I was excited about the lymph aspects but uh...it made me have to pee every 30 seconds. I still have it in the basement but I won't get on it. I would like to see it/give it away. I don't want to have to wear a diaper when I exercise.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:36 AM   #5  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

I have one! It's brilliant, and really good fun! I believe the thing about that lymphatic drainage - I need mine near a bathroom as I need to go a LOT when I'm on that thing.

I used to have another one but...I broke it :O I'll tell myself it was because I was working too hard, but I was probably just too heavy. So now I'm scared of the other one I have, but I should definitely use it more.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

I just got one too, and had to go to the bathroom 3 times in 15 minutes. But it's FUUUUN! Totally worht it IMHO.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Do any of you have any idea about using the rebounder with hip arthritis?
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #8  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

sloanie - I don't personally know, but the rebounder is surprisingly jarring depending on the brand some of them have a "soft" bounce and some a harder bounce. You might want to check with your doctor first but some people do what is called "health" bouncing which is basically not lifting your feet off the surface as you bounce. That may be more gentle on your hip.

I have a urban rebounder that I got when I was doing a lot more DVD type workouts. I did enjoy it and was able to build up time fairly quickly (started with about 5-10mins and could do 40-60 after a month or so) but I haven't used it in quite some time because I've been occupied with bike/swim/run workouts. I should drag it out more often for a change of pace on my lighter cardio days.

Last edited by Idealmuse; 07-03-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'7

Mine broke earlier this year & I have to buy a new one some time. I had a hard time keeping my girls off of it which is why I think it broke.
mommybug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #10  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I love mine. I can only do about 20 minutes at the moment, but that is close to 2000 jumps - or so the counter says But I really feel it when I am done. My legs, thighs, back, behind and stomach all feel the burn. I even feel it in my arms because I use them quite a bit as well. Plus I sweat like crazy! I don't do it every day, although I may start adding in the 20 minutes here and there for an extra little workout each day.

Last edited by SweetCurves32; 07-14-2009 at 07:27 PM.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #11  

I've been hearing lots of great things about the rebounder lately. I think I'm going to get one and put it in my home office. Since I work from home, there's a lot of sitting. Doing a few trampoline sessions throughout the day would be perfect!
fitnessgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/154

I love my mini tramp! I just tape the girlies down and walk on tramp for 5 minutes, health bounce, then alternate jumping jacks with twisting jumps and leg kicks...

I got a session with a PT to teach me how to use this as I broke my back 5 years ago, my doctor couldnt say enough about how good they are when used properly

If you are in UK, and have knee issues ask your doctor about rebounding and hint heavily enough and you could be referred to a good physio who could tell you the safest exercises to do.
KboP is offline   Reply With Quote