Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #1  
WSN

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'9" (male)

Default First Post and First Mini-Goal Reached

Hi all, I've lurked here occasionally but just registered and this is my first post. I can't believe how fat I've become, I'm a 30 year old male and I think I weighed around 330 lbs. about 2 months ago. Not sure exactly because I didn't weigh myself but that is what I weighed when I was at the doctor's office several months before that. About 2 months ago I FINALLY started to exercise and eat better. I've been working out 4 to 5 days a week, mostly lift weights (pretty intensely) and starting up with cardio.

Mini-goal reached: Not an official mini-goal I planned and not related to pounds. But I just found that some shirts I bought online last summer that ended up not fitting (I was barely able to button them), all now fit nicely. I know its silly but it feels SO good. I weighed myself recently and was around 290 lbs. I don't think I lost an entire 40 lbs. over the past 2 months so maybe I started a little lighter than 330, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was around there. All of my clothes are looser and I'm down to the last hole in the belt I wear most days, previously I was at the 3rd or 4th from the last hole.

Eating healthy has been pretty easy because of the exercise. When I work out I usually don't even have a craving for unhealthy food that entire day.

In a nutshell my story is this: I have had a weight problem my entire life, it runs in my family. In high school I got up to over 270 lbs. and then started a pretty intense cardio and dieting program. In retrospect it was much easier back then because of how young I was. I got down to around 180 lbs. and was able to more or less maintain it for several years, mostly by lifting weights for those last few years. In my mid-20s I stopped working out, had a really inactive lifestyle, and just ate terribly. The weight just started to pile back on. I put on weight easily, its a sucky situation which I'll have to live with. But at least now I'm much more aware of that fact, hopefully when I take the weight off this time I keep my past experience in my mind and don't let that happen to me again.

Last edited by WSN; 01-08-2009 at 08:57 AM.
WSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #2  
sick and tired no more...

S/C/G: 171.5/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 1in

What a terrific start!! That lean muscle you are packing on will really help to boost that metabolism!! Keep up the great work - you ARE worth it!!
psych_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/219/150

Height: 5'6"

It's not silly, it's great! Congratulations, and I wish you all the best.
heatherinsc is offline   Reply With Quote