Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 06:31 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default PINK FLAMINGO CAFE ~~ Wednesday, May 8

Good morning everyone...gonna go pour myself a glass of water...will be right back...
Old 05-08-2002, 06:53 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Okay...I'm back...I have my glass of water and I'm ready for the day to begin...

Emmy, yes it was a looong ride to Va. Beach and a looong ride back home that night. As a matter of fact this is the week of my mother's intense physical--blood work, colonoscopy, etc...so yes, she's in communication with her doctor. You have been on program for many days in a row and I think its easy to relax and start "air-counting" points. You've caught yourself--you know what you have to do...good for you!

Donna, I have to tell you something you really made me go back in time when you talked about the waitress recognizing you from one of your classes and being so tickled that she did. I remember when I went back to school--around 31 or 32--went to a little community college in New Jersey when we lived there. I was very shy way back then--I didn't have a good sense of myself. I started taking classes to do something while the kids were school during the day--actually I got talked into it by a close friend that lived in the same town. I went with her. When I discovered that I really enjoyed the classes themselves and other people actually listened to me...and then I made that first A on that English paper...well, my confidence level rose probably by a good 50 points...and then after I started taking more classes and actually started to contribute in class I can't express to you how THAT made me feel. Then one day I was in the grocery store and I ran into someone from one of the classes I had taken...and they actually remembered my face and name! I was on cloud 9. I learned it is those little acts of kindness that make a person's day. All we want in this life is kindness and respect...and to be listened to. Needless to say my going back to school...just the ACT of going back to school...boosted my confidence and self-esteem levels. Sorry...I get to rambling in the early morning and late night hours...
Old 05-08-2002, 07:07 AM   #3  
banned

Good morning PINKIES I'm just gonna grab a coffee and take James to school...I'll be back in a little bit.

Looks like it's gonna be a bee-yootiful day. I don't know about anyone else, but I just love to hear the birds singing in the morning.

bbl....
Old 05-08-2002, 07:12 AM   #4  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default GOOD MORNING !!

I would love a nice hot HUGE cup of coffee......thank you ...that is just what I needed!!

GAIL.... I am glad to hear that your Mother takes such good care of herself. She sounds like a smart lady. I hope all her tests come back A-OK !! Hope you have a good day today!!

Well I have my journal out today and I am gonna WRITE in it!!! No more "air counting" for me! I will let y'all know how I did tonight.

to Christine, Judy, Pat , Sharon, Joyce and Gail and ALL!!!

Off to the showers gals......

emmy
Old 05-08-2002, 07:14 AM   #5  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

JUDY We were bumping into each other..it is a beautiful day here in the eastern part of VA as well AND YES!! I love to hear those birdies chirping...enjoy that coffee

emmy
Old 05-08-2002, 08:08 AM   #6  
The power is within me...

S/C/G: 290/290/170

Height: 5'6"

Red face Good Mooooooooooooooorning...

Gettin' ready for school (Yes, I'm going ), listening to Alice Cooper (School's Out), and thought I'd check in and say "Hi" this morning...

I'll check back later on this afternoon. I'gve gotta check over at the Registrar's office and see if any headway has been made towards finding out which year's program I've been following for my certificate.

Now I'vew got to separate the kids and trying to eat something for breakfast before the kids see it and ask if they can have it...

Later!

Donna
Old 05-08-2002, 08:17 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ladies! I was busy last night. Ball game, they won 10-0. I was surprised because in the warm-up practices the other team looked awesome. Of course they always get soft-serve ice cream when they win so it wasn't until after 8 p.m. till I got home.

Joyce - We are doing good walking, thanks. Now today I'll have to walk by myself because Miz Pat is going to start her next session of WW at work. I hate dentist too. Yuck!

Gail - Had to laugh at Amanda spitting your lunch rice out. Kids are brutally honest about what they like and don't. ROFL I'd like to think that I could be as active as your mom when I'm older. I hope all her test come out fine.

Judy - Hurry back. How's it going at home. Oh and any tips you can give me about starting a web page, I'd appreciate. Do I need to know HMTL or not? Justin is going to make a page for boy scouts, yea right...you know who will be doing all the work don't you.

Emmy - No I don't have ESP. And while I'm glad that what I said brought you back to reality, I'm so very glad you didn't take it as a poke in the chest. Thank You. Honestly, and this is for everyone...this journey is a cycle of ups and downs. We all have them. Whether it be ups and downs of OP and off program days or just an up and down of emotions and our outlook on this. At any given time any one of us could be on a downslide and I just wanted to let everyone know that if your on a downslide. Let us know, let us help. Out of the, what, 8 people who post here right now, I'd like to think that our "program cycle" is at different phases and that there should be at least a majority of the group that is motivated and full of advice based on experience and reality that would help pull us back. Of course, what goes around comes around then...someone will pull you up and the next thing you know your hand of help will be needed shortly. <HUGS> Thanks Emmy!

Donna, Donna, Donna - should I waggle a finger at you with a stern look for skippy school again! Gosh it sounds like so much fun. Can I skip WORK? Please!!!! Actually I'm going to be off next Tuesday, I'm going on my daughters' field trip to of all places Chocolate World in Hershey. Hey after the tour of how they make chocolate hopefully I won't want to eat any!!!!

Sharon - How was your meeting out of the office yesterday?

Pat - I'll be walking today. I need to make this a habit.

Dang I got interrupted, someone probelm snuck in on me. I'll be back later ladies.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:28 AM   #8  
One Day At A Time

Good MOrning

Not being a coffee person - I decided to have a diet lemon Pepsi Twist. Yummmm And it has caffeine.

Donna - Thanks for trying anyway. We finally found someone here that suggested that we make everything landscape and make it all "fit" that way. It works. Sure was easier than all the linking I was trying.

Gail - It always feels so good when someone recognizes you or you accomplish something you thought you couldn't do. I am discovering that just losing weight has given me some extra confidence. Now I have to find the rest of it somewhere.

emmy - Good for you for writing it down. I always ignored the BLT's when I was "air counting".

I have a big list of to-do's left on my desk by my boss. They have to be done today. I sure will be happy when this Powerpoint presentation gets mailed out.

Later all you beautiful pinkies
Old 05-08-2002, 08:51 AM   #9  
banned

Hi again PINKIES

I was hoping I'd have enough time to post something to everyone, but that's not going to happen...I really have to rush and get ready for work.

to Gail, Pat, emmy, Sharon, Joyce, Donna and Christine! There...that's as close to individual posting as I can get.

Christine I know some pretty basic stuff as HTML goes, enough to get a webpage going. I'll try to help you in anyway I can. Email me about it if you'd like...I'd be happy to get you started!

Everyone have a great OP day! *raising my chilled water bottle*
Old 05-08-2002, 10:46 AM   #10  

WOW, everyone is a busy chatting this morning, which is good, love to hear about everyone's day!

WI and new WW session is today. I have my fingers crossed and can only hope for the best.

Gail Didn't get much more water in last night, I tired, but at times it's so hard. Glad to hear your mom is taking so good care of herself. I know you always don't get along with her, but enjoy what you can with her as long as you can. At times I look back and really miss my mom and wish I had known her longer, and then on the other hand, if my mom and dad had been alive, I would of never gone over to Europe and been all the places I have been. Did you get any e-mails from her today?

Judy Hope all is going well for you in VA. The birds are singing here too. Enjoy your days off, I'm on-call for Mother's Day, so I might have to work too. Other wise I have no plans. Just going to do lots of cleaning, since I am off Friday and Saturday. My dd might surprise me.

Emmy I have the same problem writing everything down in a journal...still trying to figure out all the points for the food I eat...

Donna Enjoy your day at school, but if it's as nice up there as down here, I would have a hard time going into school, had hard enough time coming into work today.

Christine Enjoy your walk, I need to walk more, but I just can't get up early enough to walk before work, working at it, might see you as you drive past to come in here...

Joyce I'm not a coffee person either, but I do like my tea and trying to get more water in... Hope you get thru your list soon, I have to help with a mass mailing for 800.. Have to stuff, tape shut and slap on UPS labels... will be working on that this afternoon and tomorrow.. I am off Friday, can't wait.

Judy Hope it slows down a little bit for you. Cheers to you too... with my 33 WW glass of water & ice.

Ok, I got side tracked here, I am sure someone has posted since I started this... 2 hours ago Sharon Hope you can have some free time to check in with us too...

I am off and running. I will check back in after lunch to report WI...
Old 05-08-2002, 10:49 AM   #11  
I will do it this time

Good Morning!

I have a lot of catch up to do today. The meeting was somewhat interesting but very disorganized.

Emmy, I think it was you that asked about the fires. Those are in Colorado. I am in California. My son and dil are in Colorado and they seem to be safe from them. Joyce is also in Colorado, but I think she is just getting smoke from it.

I have to get some work done. I hope to talk to you all later.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:23 PM   #12  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good afternoon!

Well, I just found I did something stupid when I was at my mom's house in getting her connected to AOL. <sigh> I hate mistakes. I hate computer problems. When the computer arrived at her house, the speakers weren't working properly so she had to take them back to Gateway. The speakers arrived at the Gateway store and when she picked them up this morning, she told them what I had done...which was when AOL asked if you have speakers I clicked the spot where it said NO. I figured if she didn't have speakers right then...then no speakers right? Well, I should've clicked YES. Now...when I go home I have to call AOL for Mom, find out what I have to do so I can tell her. Now...she could call AOL and they will tell her but she will not understand what to do...and it takes her forever to find the right place to click with the mouse. Its going to be a long night.

We'll forgive you THIS time, Judy, for not posting to each and every one of us! Only kidding! Everyone has one of those days when its all we can do is to let people know we're alive and kickin'! Try to slow down some, okay? What?! Did you just laugh at that?!

Emmy, my mother is probably one of the most health-conscious people I know! She always goes for an annual physical. She usually watches everything that goes into her mouth. Sometimes I wonder how she got a daughter like me!

Donna...I saying this in my very firmest "mommy-voice": You had better go to school!

...oops..gotta go...

BRB...hopefully
Old 05-08-2002, 12:44 PM   #13  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I can't believe it...I'm back sooner than what I thought...

to continue...

Well said, Christine--your post to Emmy! I second that! At some point someone is going to need help and hopefully at that point when help is needed there will be someone gungho on program to offer a helping hand! Hmmm...I bet I just wrote a run-on sentence...anyway...we're here to help each other!

...and I can't believe this but I have to leave again...

I will return!
Old 05-08-2002, 12:53 PM   #14  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Ooookay! I swear I'm going to finis posting!

Oh Joyce, you're gonna love this. My daughter--the one that's doing WW with me--says that she thinks that new Pepsi with lemon tastes like Pledge! Wayne says he can always tell that I'm losing weight because my self-confidence soars.

By now Pat, you know what I'm going to be doing with Mom tonight--correcting the mistake I made with AOL on her computer. Hope all is going well at WW right now!

Sharon, are you breathing?

Okay...lunch time for me...I'll check in later...let y'all know I'm still alive!
Old 05-08-2002, 01:22 PM   #15  

Ok, I'm back... lots of new faces, maybe only 4 rounded over.

I am down 2.4 lbs Make me happy. For a total of 29 lbs now.... thanks for everyone's help.!
Closed Thread