Old 01-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #1  

Default I am so ashamed

So mad at myself...

I use to be an active member here....
Here is a copy of one of my post

Hey
I have mixed emotions !!!!!!!!!
When I first started this journey last Feb. 2006 I knew my weight was in the 260's.. That was on my old house scales..
My weight at the gym was much higher (291).. Well as of yesterday I have lost 100 lbs ( going by the gym scales)
My house scales I still like about 2 lbs.. but I will go by the gym scales since they are newer and better than my house scales..
Ladies.. It feels so good to know that 100 lbs is gone. Yet so scary.. I have done this before ... I thought I would have never gained it back..
But I did...I got pregnant and little by little I had it all back on...

When you have lost a lot of weight people watch you.. I can not eat out in town with out someone saying Boy you look good.. now don't gain it back!
Did you have the weight loss surgery ?
No I did not have the weight loss surgery My insurance would not pay for it..
Its really a never ending comment... Small town life I guess.. Its like having your family over for Christmas all year long... You know that family member that always talks about how slim they are compared to the rest of the world..
I guess since I have lost 100 lbs before and gained it back I feel the whole town is watching ( maybe taking bets to see if I will do it again)
Just need to vent today I guess....

TODAY JAN 2009
My weight is in the 260's
I am so ashamed..
How about I still have the town watching.. People who mean well stopping me at the store and asking why did I gain it back.
I guess some who thought I had weight loss surgery are now talking about how the girl they know that had the surgery and has gained it all back..lol

Why did I let this happen....Well I stopped exercising for 1.. I have a muscle in my left hip that gives me so much trouble.
I fell in Dec 2007 and it took forever to get over that.

Excuses! Boy I have them
Truth be known ... I went back to most of my old ways. We went had money problems at the end of 2007 and what did I do...
EAT. In 2008 we made more money than we ever had.. What did I do ..EAT. My in-laws house burned down.. It was just so stressful on us all.
What did I do.. EAT.. Its just never ending.
This is the second time I have lost weight only to gain it back.
I am 40 now.. I just do not know if I have it in me.

I started a new plan on Monday.. I have not got moving yet.. I am not joining the gym again. Well not anytime soon. I do have a tony little gazelle.
It is one that tells heart rate and you can set the resistance . I figure it will be easy on my muscle in my hip that gives me trouble.

If you look back at my posts you will see where I was stressing about having to fly. (I was so scared I would not fit.)
Well here I go again in the same boat. I have to fly in April.
Is that why I am dieting again. Well it is a reason. But not the only one. I really would love to be healthy.

I have been lurking since Monday. Just could not bring myself to post.
I feel like such a failure.
Just trying to take it minute by minute. Maybe this time it will be for life.
later
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Start moving now. Do what you can. You've done this before, so you know it is possible.

Don't wait!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You are not the first person who has lost and regained. I sure have and so have many others. It is not a sin. You are already on track to getting back in the losing game. Ignore what others may say. They are ignorant, stupid or at the very least, rude. Good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I am with bargoo! She said it perfect!

You have done it before and you can do it again. You are just wiser this time!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #5  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hey... listen....

wchs2007, don't care what they say. I was a size 4 5 years ago and I just know what they "say" at the office everytime they see me eat. Screw 'em!

Do this for you. I want to invite you over to the 40 somethins forum and get on the BFFs thread. We are all posting what we are doing daily and its really supportive.

Don't be ashamed. Get over that. Everyone gains it back. Its like smoking it takes a few times to stick. Maybe this will be the time it sticks.

Take care.
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #6  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I lost some, then regained and stopped posting... However, I know this is the one place I can come to where I'm truly not alone. 3FC can be more than idle chat, it can be an effective tool for success. I'm glad that I started posting again and I'm glad you posted. We may be starting over, but that's a lot better than giving up for good.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

I've been there and I'm sure many more have been too. This time I've stoped myself before I put it all back on, but in the past I've gained back all I had lost plus more. You've taken the first important step by starting a new program and posting here today. You know what you have to do, you've done it in the past.

I agree with Jen don't wait, start moving today. We can't undo what we've done in the past. We can only go from this day forward. Quit beating yourself up and stay on program, you'll see results.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #8  
No description available.

Hey wchs,

First . I can hear the dejection in your post. I've been in your shoes.....it can be so frustrating. But here's the thing--you know you CAN do it, and that confidence is huge. I know you can do it, too. You have done it! I'm glad you're back.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #9  

You can do it again. Don't let the guilt overwhelm you forget it, Leave it in the past. We are in a new Year. The only fights we lose is when we won't fight. Wishing you the best.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #10  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

You can get it together again and do it! You have had success and seen it so you know you have the tools.

Welcome back....and come here often for the support!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Its not about where you were...its about where you ARE. So you lost 100lbs a while ago...thats GREAT, you know you can do it and you know how to make it work for your body. Now you need to figure out what you will do for a lifetime, not just to lose the weight again. Emotional eating is hard. You've gotta find a way to replace what you are coping with in life with something other than food. Im sure you know this, but knowing and doing are two different things. I dont think anyone goes into this with the intention of gaining it all back, but sometimes it happens. Pick yourself up, focus on what you LIKE about yourself and how you know you CAN do this and things will fall into place from there. You wouldn't beat your best friend up for it if she was in the same situation right? It's not ok to do it to yourself either. You are just as important and deserve to be supported just as much.

Hang in there, hop on board with us and post often. I am looking forward to watching you lose it all again.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #12  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

Sweetie don't be ashamed. The important thing is that you are back here and you are motivated to lose the weight. I have lost and gained more times than I can count. I know how frustrating it is and how uncomfortable it is after so many people comment on how good you look and then when you gain it back you can see the pity in their eyes.

You can do this! I think it is great that you have come back. Good luck with everything and don't ever give up!
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #13  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

And you're back now - be proud of taking that first step! The past is just that - the past.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am glad you are back. Most of here have been there, done that. You have the strength to do it again. Just your reappearance here tells me that. It's not about the destination, it's the journey. You are still on your journey like the rest of us here.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

None of the people that may have opinions about you have walked in your shoes---and you cannot allow others to affect you in a negative way, you are worth so much more than their skewered opinions anyway!!!

I used to belong to another web forum, I lost over 100lbs and got to be praised and be mentor and all that wonderful stuff....and then I went thru some things and gained about half the weight back and stopped posting because I couldn't face it...

but maybe if I had just stayed on and been honest about my struggles I would have found the help I needed.

Please stay here and let all these great people help you stay on track. I think you are going to find it here, without any judgement at all...and since I'm in a similar situation as you, having lost and gained, maybe we can help each other!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote