South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:50 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Wednesday's warblings!

Hi guys! Grab a cup and sit on down here and have a chat!

Tis cold, icy rain this morning so the drive will be fun!

Had my Dr's appt yesterday and he's ordering an ultrasound. Believes it's endometriosis.

Somehow I have a couple blisters on my tongue and I can't really talk without sounding funny! Hurts to chew! Then last night I had Cody in a sit position so as I went to pet him he jumped up and flattened my lip!

OK, you all do not want to hear about all that. Let's see... Other than being in pain and exhausted, I got some "spring" cleaning done last weekend, hoping to do more this weekend. I live such an exciting life! LOL.

How are you all?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Loriann! I hope your DR.'s diagnosis is right, at least you'll know what's been going on and how to treat it. That's nasty about those tongue blisters, it must be a reaction to something you ate. Try gargling with some salt in warm water. It really helps.

The overnight ice storm isn't as bad as it was predicted. It's slippery out there right now, but warming up pretty well. Only a few schools north of us are on a delay. It should be fine by the time I head out. I cleaned and organized the girls' playroom yesterday. I took several loads of outgrown toys up to the attic, have a box to donate, and took 3 big bags of trash down to the dumpster by the barn. I'm glad the girls weren't home while I was going through their things! The room looks great now, and everything is organized. I just hope they can keep it that way.
We have gymnastics this afternoon, but that's all that's on today's agenda.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks Absolutely everything that can close is closed here so I'm staying home. I just hope we don't get much ice because I like my electricity on!

Lori - It's good to see you. I'm glad the doc is finally narrowing on a cause. Hopefully they can get you out of pain and back to feeling better.

Cottage - It's always easier to clean when they aren't home DD still talks about her She Ra castle that left the play room one day when she wasn't home. She never played with it but apparently liked the idea of having it!

I'm trying to decide on a bean or pea soup for dinner. I've got the standards but want to try something different. Hmmm.
* Cottage - didn't you make a split pea soup with chorizo? How was it?

I've completed 2 days of the C25K program and so far no serious knee swelling. I really hope I can do it this time. I know I can't run outside but it would be nice to add it to my stuck indoors repertoire

I'll be back if the power stays on. Hope everyone stays safe today!

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-07-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #4  

Fly by!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone is off to a good start this year. Life went from totally laid back over break to our normal break neck speed. Glad that we all got plenty of rest!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

lori - hopefully the ultrasound will confirm that diagnosis....glad you finally went!

Cottage - I need to do that with my kids' toy box. Definately when they're not home!

Ruth - wow! I beat ruth today! Wrote her name out of habit...not here yet! Must be brewing coffee....

Cyndi - Good luck with the c25K! I thought my knees would be sore too, but they're not . I definately bought GOOD running shoes, that made a big different.

Kiko - good luck!

Me - it is NASTY out there this morning! DS had school cancelled, DD is on a 2 hour delay (for daycare). I'm hoping my first appointment cancels so Ican drop her off when they open! She has her 4 year check up, which involves 4 or 5 shots....I'm going to have to drop DS off at a friends so he won't watch (he's FRIGHTENED of shots).

I would bet a lot of my appointments would cancel today....not worth a car wreck to get your dog's shots! We'll see....

Have a great one!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Twinn, I am late. I had a pot of baked beans to throw into the oven and then got involved petting the Doggage.

Lori, glad you are close to a diagnosis - finally.

Cottage, we may be getting the rest of your weather. Eleven years ago today the Ice Storm hit us - no power for two weeks!

Cyndi, it definitely is a soup making day.

Kiko, rested? How is that possible for you and your lifestyle.

My house is starting to smell yummy from the baked beans, almost as good a smell as roasting chicken. Today is my volunteer day at the Clinic and I'm sort of hoping it's cancelled because of the weather so I can just stay home. Jazz is the scheduled dog to work today - if you call it working when you just sit on laps and look cure!

Stay safe and warm, Beachies.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning chickies,

Lori- hopefully the doctor will have a diagnosis so you can treat your symptoms.

Cottage- I need to that for DD2 toys they are taking over her room.

Cyndi- what is C25K program sounds interesting?

Kiko- I can relate though we had a gradual build up to back to break neck speed because we had the ice in our area yesterday so the kids were off school.

TwynnB- be careful- we had lots of accidents in our area yesterday due to ice.

Ruth- have a good day and maybe you will get to stay home.

as for me- it is wfh in a few minutes- but tonight we are taking dd's to Disney on Ice- so should be fun.

have a great day
Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Pearl - It's the Couch to 5K running program from coolrunning.com (which seems to be down at the moment). It's all the rage around here with new runners. It's a 13 week program designed to gradually build you up to running 5k.

Ruth - Now I'm thinking about baked beans. I need to find something vegetarian and not sweet though. Harder than I thought it would be!

Twynn - DD used to be terrified of shots. If the doc even mentioned one when we came in she would freak the rest of the appointment. Now she is a PA. GO figure

Kiko

No freezing rain yet. I so hope the storm fizzles out and we don't get any ice!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmm, baked beans DO sound good. I may get a pot going this evening.

I hope you manage to dodge the storm, CYNDI and RUTH!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ohhhh....this blasted wind! My face and lips are chapped and I didn't even workout outside yesterday! And it's going strong now...

Lori: I'm glad you went to the doc and that they're doing what they can to get a good diagnosis. I hope you have a nice day and stay safe on those roads!

Cottage: I'm sure the girls appreciate your organizing the room although I don't think they would have gone along with it if they were present. I hope it stays "warm" and that what little ice there is melts quickly. Stay safe!

Cyndi: I'll have to check that program out. Not that I'll be running any time soon, but it would give me a definite fitness goal. I hope the ice won't be too bad and that you'll keep your electricity this time!

, Kiko! Have a great day!

Twynn: I hope your appointments cancel as well! I love my doggies, but unless it was life-threatening, I don't think I'd risk a car wreck for them. I hope you have a good day!

Ruth: MMMMM...baked beans. DH isn't a fan, so I've never made them. Maybe I'll make a batch the next time he goes out of town for a week. Stay safe out there!

Pearl: Disney on Ice is so much fun. I still enjoy going! It would be really nice to wfh some days, but I just got a great new office space, so I should NOT be complaining! Have a nice day!

Me: Well, things are going great for us right now. This work out/eating plan that Jason devised for me is doing the trick. I've pushed myself in every way and I'm sure it's going to pay off on the scale. I already feel much more healthy and my energy is through the roof! The house stays clean because I have the pep after dinner to scoot around cleaning! It's wonderful. Official WI isn't until Friday, but I did take a peek and it looks like I may be down 4 lbs. since the 1st. That would be phenomenal. But, I am doing my best to not count my chickens yet. A lot could change in the 2 days I have left this week!

Not much going today; work, rest day as far as workouts go, enchilada chicken for dinner and Ghost Hunters International with Jason tonight. It will be a fun evening!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #11  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all i'm up a little later than usual looks like everyone beat me on...well almost.

lori-they think my 15 year old has endometriosis and she's had lots of ultrasounds...according to her doc the only way to tell is surgery with a scope and they don't want to do it cause she's so young...she's been in pain for about 5 years now. i sure hope they figure it out soon for ya.

cyndi-i'm doing c25k to and my second workout is today as well...the last one killed me, you can tell i don't run

twynn and cottage-be careful if you got out this years weather seems pretty nasty...can't decide between freezing rain and snow.

kim-i wish i had someone to push me like that...everyone around here always says i don't need to lose weight.

me-i went to long yesterday without eating and i'm not doing that again. i ended up buying a water on the way back from the doc and that helped alot.

Last edited by me4life; 01-07-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Lori: Drive safe!

Cottage: Wanna come organize me??? PLEASE?

Cyndi: Have fun staying home!

Kiko: Glad you got rest too!

Twynn: Stay safe!

Ruth: My DW would love you with the baked beans -- they are her FAV!

Pearl: Have fun!

Kim: Enjoy your evening and glad the plan is working!!!

Me4: Glad you got to sleep in a bit

It's POURING here and doesn't make my new commute easy Darn walking and Metro'ing instead of driving! I am even getting shin splints Oh well, I am getting exercise and helping the environment. And I stopped for some coffee this morning as a "treat" (splenda and FF H&H) and it's gooooood!

Have a great on chickies!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Hump Day!!!

Loriann - So glad to hear that the Dr.'s finally think they know what's been going on with you. Good luck with the ultrasound.

Cottage - Good job getting the cleaning done while the girls were in school. I'd be interested to know if they even noticed that things were missing.

Cyndi - I hope your electricity manages to stay on today. Being stuck at home with no electricity might drive me batty. Try to stay warm.

Kiko - Nice to see you again. Hope the pace doesn't completely wear you down!

Twynnb - Yeah, I'm not to sure that I'd take my dog out in crazy weather like you're describing. Good luck with that!

Ruth - Have fun at the clinic today. I'm sure Jazz will thoroughly enjoy it!! And yes, your baked beans sound really good as well!

Pearlrose - Have fun at Disney on Ice!!!

Kim - Good to hear that you've found something that works for you. I hope you continue to work it!

Me4life - Are you eating enough? I think you might want to evaluate how much food your eating to make sure that you're getting everything that you need and not starving yourself.

Jenn - Good luck trying to stay dry!

Me - Last night's Biggest Loser was really kind of hard to watch. It was nice to know that I'm officially too thin to be on the show, but wow, some of those new contestants were really large. I know that Bob and Jillian will be able to do miracles with the ones that stayed at the ranch, I just hope that the ones that went home are able to be as successful. That would just be really hard. Not much going on tonight, but I've got to do laundry tonight...it's getting a little overwhelming.

Have a lovely day, ladies. Try to stay warm! BLESSINGS!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Jenne - I got shin splints when I started walking too. If you do a google search there are some good stretching exercises that really help.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #15  

I'm WFH today. I had a 7:30 teleconference. It's rough when one of the participants is from India and his workday stops at my 10:30AM. I had to rush Brian so he didn't finish breakfast and then drop him at school early. I haven't had breakfast yet and I am starving. I've got my labs for next week's physical scheduled at 9:30 CT so I'll get something to eat after they draw blood. Hopefully it won't take too long.

I've got to pick up Brian at 4 and take him for a meeting with the First Aid Merit Badge counselor but other than that there is nothing on the schedule. Well, maybe a run by the warehouse to get cones for Roundtable tomorrow. We are bringing 4 antique autos and I need to reserve parking spaces for them out front.
Closed Thread