Old 01-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/191/140

Height: 5'0

Question not knowing where to start...

hey everyone....i am new to this and well a little confused...i have decided to do the calorie counting because it seems the most easiest for me to do and i started this on the 2nd of jan...i have been doing very well as i set my limit to 1500 a day...i find that i am either right at that or below so i have been really pround of myself...anyways...my problem is everywhere i read or someone say that breakfast is the key, but i can't seem to eat breakfast...i don't want to eat just because anymore as that is what i always have done...i usually don't get hungry until about 12 or 1 in the afternoon...so anyone got any suggestions as to what i should do?
tanyaledet2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

No, it's not a good idea to eat "just because," but breakfast isn't just because.

Sometimes a person won't be hungry in the morning because they ate too late the night before. What time do you go to bed and get up? If it's "normal" hours, say, up at 6 or 7 and to bed at 11, then try not to eat in the evening after, say, 9 pm. You'll probably find that you feel hungrier earlier in the day, and you can slowly ease into it with something like a breakfast shake.

The reason it's important to do this? Well, it helps your body get going if you give it some fuel in the morning. So, you burn your food more efficiently. It also help avoid feeling too hungry later on and overeating. If you eat a lot late at night and then go to bed, the body has nothing to do with any excess food except--well--save it for later as fat.

It may take a few days before you even want to try eating earlier, but see how it works for you? Just a thought. Hang in there!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I was never a breakfast eater. I had to make myself eat 3 times a day.I was a 3-7 eater...i didnt usually eat anything till 3pm and then was finished eating by 7pm. My dr told me that i was hurting myself by not eating right. I was basically starving my body and my body was holding onto and adding weight.Lots of days i didnt even come close to 1000 calories a day. HE explained that by eating 3 times a day or even 5 or 6 mini meals that your body works better. I am actually eating more(1400-1500) now than before and losing weight. Start out by eating a small yogurt or a cup of cereal. A shake is also good if you cant stomach food. I now wake up and drink my coffee and then am ready for a healthy breakfast and actually find myself looking foward to it!! You dont have to eat alot but your body needs something to start the burning process. Good luck and give it a try...i promise its worth it!!

Last edited by dgramie; 01-06-2009 at 02:07 PM.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/191/140

Height: 5'0

Wink

thank you for the insight of things... i usually don't like to eat past 8pm and well my bedtime it all varies with my 3 kids and hubby so i get up at different times of the morning... but i am going to try to eat at least a little cup of cereal or something like that... its really hard cause i don't like yogart or many types of veggies... i love carrots and cuccumbers but thats about it... i love grapes, but they say they are like 100 cal a cup so i am doing my best to find some new foods that i have never tried before... i am determined to do this and nothing is going to stop me, i am just looking for some ideas to help get things going....
once again thank you for your replies....so helpful to me
tanyaledet2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #5  
Workin' It

I make smoothies in the morning with protein powder, yogurt, milk, banana, frozen fruit. I can't do real food well in the mornings either. My smoothies were in the 215 cal range when I was losing, 400-430 now that I'm maintaining.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote